NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barnes give us more length and more versatility on both ends of the court. He's about on the tail end of his prime, which is not saying much but he does have championship experience and was a #2/3 option for a short while of his career, so there is that. Move Crowder please.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some team is going to sign Dennis Schroder.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Previously posted by @GatorAZ on another thread, Dennis Schroder signs with the Lakers.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Previously posted by @GatorAZ on another thread, Dennis Schroder signs with the Lakers.

Apparently the Suns were in the running for his services.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Apparently the Suns were in the running for his services.

Interesting. The Suns had their MLE available, so they could have paid more than the Lakers.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting. The Suns had their MLE available, so they could have paid more than the Lakers.

That man dislikes money I guess. He did turn that that huge 80 mil deal from the Lakers.. only to be back a couple of years later playing for only 2.6 mil..

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That man dislikes money I guess. He did turn that that huge 80 mil deal from the Lakers.. only to be back a couple of years later playing for only 2.6 mil..

I question if we made him an offer, especially one beyond the minimum.

Furthermore, if the Lakers are going to dump Westbrook he will look at real playing time. If he signed here he was looking at being the backup to the backup.

As much as Payne gets ragged on here, Schroder was far worse last season. He had similar shooting struggles, yet he matched it with terrible shot selection, bad passing and basically non-existent defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, Schroder should have taken the $80 million from the Lakers.

Maybe he is thinking Westbrook will be traded and Beverley is more of a backup point guard, so he has a chance to start.

Of course, both Paul and Payne are on partially guaranteed deals after this coming season.

The Suns could use another ball handler and shooter, so they may have to look to a trade to get for one. I don't think Shamet fills the role.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I question if we made him an offer, especially one beyond the minimum.

Furthermore, if the Lakers are going to dump Westbrook he will look at real playing time. If he signed here he was looking at being the backup to the backup.

As much as Payne gets ragged on here, Schroder was far worse last season. He had similar shooting struggles, yet he matched it with terrible shot selection, bad passing and basically non-existent defense.
I saw a tweet or something it was the lakers, Suns and another team that made him offers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know all the knocks against Gobert, Towns and the Minnesota team in general but I think they've improved more than any other team this offseason. I expect them to advance at least a round in the postseason barring injuries to Towns, Edwards or Gobert.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know all the knocks against Gobert, Towns and the Minnesota team in general but I think they've improved more than any other team this offseason. I expect them to advance at least a round in the postseason barring injuries to Towns, Edwards or Gobert.
I don't know what to expect from the Timberwolves this season.:shrug:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I really don't know what their ceiling is either but Edwards is growing into a special player and that roster is deep.

Edwards is a star. I'm a bit surprised he's been as good as he's been. I didn't think much of him coming into the league as far as his talent level. I thought he'd be more like Markelle Fultz without the health issues but he's displayed legit franchise player level skills. He was a 6'4" chucker without a position and while he hasn't really found a position yet, Minnesota has let him do his thing and it's benefited both parties.

I think the biggest concern for them after adding Gobert is taking away space for Edwards to do his thing. Part of why he's been so effective so far is Towns is fine standing at the 3 point line and launching 3's so the interior is wide open for Edwards. Gobert however is sort of tethered to the basket and doesn't go more than 10 feet from it.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Timberwolves are a freaking mess.
Curious to see if it works and kinda hope it does.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves are a freaking mess.
Curious to see if it works and kinda hope it does.
Have been a mess, yes - but "are" a mess remains to be seen. They won just under 30% of their games 3 seasons ago, improved slightly the next season and then followed that up last year by winning more than 56% of their games under first year Head Coach Chris Finch (interim the previous season). They have youth coming into their own and established veterans at most positions.

They have been one of the worst managed organizations since Glen Taylor bought the team almost 30 years ago but they are in the process of transitioning to a new ownership group. Taylor still ostensibly has ultimate control but they've turned over most of the management and he's reportedly stepped back from the day to day decisions.