Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe the NBA league office didn't know anything about the matter until ESPN published their article.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It's hard to believe the NBA league office didn't know anything about the matter until ESPN published their article.

Every incident is in the past, quite literally. WTF is that supposed to be meaningful to anyone?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, where is the contrite Sarver that feels awful, let down his family, organization, and the amazing fans of the Suns? Maybe sprinkle in some of the things he's going to undertake to make sure this never happens again. It's giving me the impression that everyone who doesn't like it can pound sand.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Remember all the people that were doubting in the ESPN report

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, where is the contrite Sarver that feels awful, let down his family, organization, and the amazing fans of the Suns? Maybe sprinkle in some of the things he's going to undertake to make sure this never happens again. It's giving me the impression that everyone who doesn't like it can pound sand.
Did you see the statement from his lawyers sayin the investigation proved he’s not racist, sexist, etc. throw in the fact that it was reported that setting punishment was acrimonious on his part and you have a rich piece of crap that looks like he hasn’t changed a bit.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What the hell, Silver? It's just like the Brock Turner judgment. The focus is on the damage to the perpetrator's reputation, and how that should shape our thinking for what constitutes an appropriate punishment. Very disappointing.
There’s a reason pro sports commissioners make so much money. They have to stand up there taking heat and looking stupid so the 29 other owners don’t.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is speculation the NBA didn't want to fight a legal battle with Robert Sarver.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is speculation the NBA didn't want to fight a legal battle.

Exactly what I said earlier in this thread. The NBA wanted to kick the can to the minority owners, players and sponsors to do their job.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I said earlier in this thread. The NBA wanted to kick the can to the minority owners, players and sponsors to do their job.

This type of situation will reoccur. The NBA might want to examine ownership agreements with specific reasons for removal of an owner.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
And saying you want a black coach because "N-words need an N-word" as he allegedly said is not just repeating the word back from a black man's conversation. This is him using the word as a racist. Also, his theory is obviously untrue as the current champions prove. Color has nothing to do with it. Good coaches are good coaches period no matter their skin color. Same with being a leader of men which we are lucky to have in Williams. The same can't be said of Sarver.

He allegedly also called Ayton a lazy ________

It must be extremely difficult for the players & coaches. Monty & James are both on records stating that not the Sarver I know and never heard of what Sarver's being accused of. What do they say now? How do they feel? Over 300 fellow co-workers said differently. I know rumors always run rampant on my job. Nothing is a secret.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He allegedly also called Ayton a lazy ________

It must be extremely difficult for the players & coaches. Monty & James are both on records stating that not the Sarver I know and never heard of what Sarver's being accused of. What do they say now? How do they feel? Over 300 fellow co-workers said differently. I know rumors always run rampant on my job. Nothing is a secret.
That was retracted and apologized for via a substitute (Jalen was overseas at the time). There was talk that Rose never explicitly said that Sarver said it, he meant it as a hypothetical that's why he led the sentence off with an "If". But no one here would be shocked to learn the quote was accurate and the apology was mostly to avoid a lawsuit given that the quote was unverified at the time.