Did anybody see the complete and total confusion as well as lack of effort by Isiah Simmons?

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sheer boredom at the game allowed us to watch specifically Isaiah Simmons and wow was he awful. At times he literally turned 360 degrees around not knowing where to go. When he pursued a RB he jogged if he thought another player had the tackle and then would accelerate after seeing the missed tackle. What a bust!
Either blame him or the Defensive Coordinator Joseph. Who is too blame???

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the coaches actually said the best thing about Simmons is he plays without thinking he just reacts. That's the entire problem IMO that does NOT just play he's overthinking everything so he's constantly slow to react, and often out of position anyways.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest problem is Vance Joseph.
So Vance coached him to not know what the hell he is doing and not giving 100%? Vance is culpable in that disaster but at some point these players need to, oh I don’t know, do their jobs and put in max effort?

I am sick of the players not being held accountable by their coaches, the organization or many of the fans

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So Vance coached him to not know what the hell he is doing and not giving 100%? Vance is culpable in that disaster but at some point these players need to, oh I don’t know, do their jobs and put in max effort?

I am sick of the players not being held accountable by their coaches, the organization or many of the fans
Actually, yes. Vance did coach him. So if he doesn't know what the hell he is doing, it's the coaches fault. It's the coaches job to scheme and utilize players to the best of their ability. We saw flashes of talent in his rookie year. He seems to have regressed since he came into our organization. That, to me, says the coaching is a big contributing factor.
It's no coincidence that many player leave AZ and "breakout" elsewhere when they finally get some good coaching and direction. We saw that with players like Reddick. Played him out of position for 3 years until his contract year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheer boredom at the game allowed us to watch specifically Isaiah Simmons and wow was he awful. At times he literally sounded 460 degrees around not knowing where to go. When he perused a RB he jogged if he thought another player had the tackle and then would accelerate after seeing the missed tackle. What a bust!
Either lane him or Defensive Coordinater. Who is too blame???
I did. He didn't even have the desire to chase down players that he got beat by. This is the first game I REALLY felt like we may have a bust on our hands...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With Simmons I'm assuming this is why he played so sparingly against the Rams they realized he didn't necessarily know what he was doing.

Where I don't like it even more is they create this whole new star backer position which requires him to move all over the place, and now he's playing in slow motion because it appears he is swimming because he has to know so many spots on the field.

And he's calling the plays.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I’ve worked for multiple layers of government. Every now and then I’ve been privileged to work for a leader I respect/“jump through a wall” for. Such leader is extremely rare.

I would never jump through a wall for the cardinal organization, and neither will the other soldiers on that field, just as the many before them.

The bidwills bought a mansion on the central corridor for the price of a 1600sqft house around 51/Thomas.

The time to sell is now. Hopefully that’s what is going on… if I was Nicole or Billy jr, I’d tell Michael to unload the franchise and let’s be done.

I think we’ve seen the pinnacle of this franchise; we’ve seen as good as it gets.

Tbh, I’m much happier being a freelance NFL fan than I am hoping for the “one day” this franchise figures it out.

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't think there is any doubt that both Simmons and Collins are huge busts.Neither Simmons in his 3rd year or Collins in year 2 have shown anything. Now the Cardinals are stuck with two wasted draft picks at the linebacker position , a position which is critical to stopping the run. Other than the players themselves the only other person who should be held accountable is Steve Keim , but wait we can't hold him accountable because he just got a five year extension. And the Cardinals won't spend the $ on defense (CB)to make it better. Looks like Michael truly is following in his father's footsteps. Bottom line is looks like we may be heading for another #1 first round draft pick. Wonder what franchise QB we can take this time.

OP
OP
Arealist

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I completely agree that Zaven Collins is a bust as well. The 2 are forever out of position and neither is a rookie anymore.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly think Zaven is still redeemable. He’s the one I believe that should be playing Simmons’ spot(WLB). Think less & more attacking. He has the fluidity & size to hang.

I’ll just say this, there’s a reason Isaiah did not elect to run the 20 yard shuttle(if some don’t know what the shuttle is, it basically evaluates your change of direction & quickness) at the combine & his pro day. He’s not redeemable. At least anywhere on defense by any DC or LB Coach. He needs to get traded ASAP.

Reaction score
With Simmons I'm assuming this is why he played so sparingly against the Rams they realized he didn't necessarily know what he was doing.

Where I don't like it even more is they create this whole new star backer position which requires him to move all over the place, and now he's playing in slow motion because it appears he is swimming because he has to know so many spots on the field.

And he's calling the plays.
I think him calling the plays has him overwhelmed. That's why he's slower. He's thinking & second guessing too much. Imo.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I completely agree that Zaven Collins is a bust as well. The 2 are forever out of position and neither is a rookie anymore.
As much as I didn't want Collins and don't think he'll be good at ILBer, he's entering his second year and still has a chance. Simmons...his chances are rapidly declining.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
George Karlaftis showed what a first round defensive pick should contribute in year one on Sunday. And he was the 30th pick in the draft. I think we have a bust on our hands in Simmons And they should take away the “green sticker” from him. He has no business leading this defense. Collins was just a bad pick but appears to be not completely worthless

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why Darrel Washington was so special
Speed+ instict+anticipation=football speed
I’m not trying to complement Simmons’ trash game at all but he never struck me as overly instinctual. He was fast as hell and decisive.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't think there is any doubt that both Simmons and Collins are huge busts.Neither Simmons in his 3rd year or Collins in year 2 have shown anything. Now the Cardinals are stuck with two wasted draft picks at the linebacker position , a position which is critical to stopping the run. Other than the players themselves the only other person who should be held accountable is Steve Keim , but wait we can't hold him accountable because he just got a five year extension. And the Cardinals won't spend the $ on defense (CB)to make it better. Looks like Michael truly is following in his father's footsteps. Bottom line is looks like we may be heading for another #1 first round draft pick. Wonder what franchise QB we can take this time.
OK, just like Haason Reddick... there seems to be a trend here :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA