TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many of our lower body soft tissue injuries are due to the turf.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I read the ESPN article about this - didn't sound like Reid was loudly complaining or anything rather just explaining the situation, as acknowledged that re-sodding the field is a good thing since we practice on it and these things happen with a re-sod. SFS has traditionally been rated very high in field quality, so probably ends up as a non-story in the long run.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know if I buy it with Butker. if you watch the replay he stepped on the side of his own foot. Maybe he slipped and that's why but the reason he rolled his ankle and fell down is he stepped on the side of his foot. You see that in basketball but usually it's step on another foot or you land awkwardly from a jump, he was just running to kick the ball on a kickoff.

I did see other guys slipping for sure so maybe the slip caused it but I saw it happen live and immediately said their kicker is hurt thinking stupidly at the time it may impact the outcome of the game.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I see that they cut Wiggins. I guess he served his purpose, supplying intel on the Cardinals. Must have been good intel the way they kicked our butts, or maybe they're just better.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I buy it with Butker. if you watch the replay he stepped on the side of his own foot. Maybe he slipped and that's why but the reason he rolled his ankle and fell down is he stepped on the side of his foot. You see that in basketball but usually it's step on another foot or you land awkwardly from a jump, he was just running to kick the ball on a kickoff.

I did see other guys slipping for sure so maybe the slip caused it but I saw it happen live and immediately said their kicker is hurt thinking stupidly at the time it may impact the outcome of the game.

All I know is damn near every single year State Farm Stadium has been voted the best turf in the league by the players. I certainly don’t buy that the turf caused the hamstring injury at all… Butker could’ve stepped in a divit but that could happen anywhere.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe there is something to it. Could explain why so many of our guys are injured...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals respond to claim of Chiefs injuries due to loose turf at State Farm Stadium​

“The entire field was replaced on Monday, August 22nd — the day after the last home preseason game vs. Baltimore — so it had it almost three full weeks before the Week One game vs. Kansas City,” Cardinals spokesman Mark Dalton told PFT via text message. “That’s more than enough time for the Tifway Bermuda 419 hybrid sod to take root, especially in 109 degrees and abundant sunshine.”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave