Weinfuss: "Cardinals practice habits fall under scrutiny."

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My opinion is these comments about practice and preparation are a hell of a lot worse than a "study clause". It's really mind boggling a head coach admitting to malfeasance and still having a job. Well, not mind boggling I guess, it IS the Bidwill owned Cardinals.
Nevermind.....

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My opinion is these comments about practice and preparation are a hell of a lot worse than a "study clause". It's really mind boggling a head coach admitting to malfeasance and still having a job. Well, not mind boggling I guess, it IS the Bidwill owned Cardinals.
Nevermind.....
Bill was a ruthless cheapskate & Michael is a dupe. After 58 years of the Bidwills, I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. Some of us will blame Keim, some will blame KK, and some will blame Joseph. But, the real blame ALWAYS starts at the absolute top. The Bidwills don't deserve an NFL franchise nor have they ever deserved one. God help us.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bill was a ruthless cheapskate & Michael is a dupe. After 58 years of the Bidwills, I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. Some of us will blame Keim, some will blame KK, and some will blame Joseph. But, the real blame ALWAYS starts at the absolute top. The Bidwills don't deserve an NFL franchise nor have they ever deserved one. God help us.
I hear ya. But, it is and always will be (at least in my lifetime) the same. Years of frustration with a few scattered in outlier seasons with some success, rinse and repeat.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How this team could lollygag through practice leading up to an opening week against a Super Bowl contender AFTER the humiliating end to last season is beyond me.
Kliff Whisenhunt "The system works"

The system being, to go through the motions at practice like it's the final day of school your senior year in high school and turn it on during games to what amounts to a low-effort practice level.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Kliff Whisenhunt "The system works"

The system being, to go through the motions at practice like it's the final day of school your senior year in high school and turn it on during games to what amounts to a low-effort practice level.
At least back in the day we had players that were more embraceable - Dockett/Wilson/Dansby/Boldin/Fitz. All those guys played like they cared, and showed the effort on the field.

This group is comparatively so unlikable.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
This is something that sports people know/should know. If you go into a tackle half-arsed you stand way more chance to get injured etc. Happens all the time, at every level, in all sports
Yeah that's fair, wasn't thinking about it that way but the two could very well be correlated.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah that's fair, wasn't thinking about it that way but the two could very well be correlated.

Its committing to every action. Being precise in your movements. I've done it to myself before, been tired or something not completing a tackle correctly and boom, injury

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
“We definitely could practice a lot harder,” wide receiver Marquise Brown said. “We definitely could practice a lot sharper and treat each route like a game rep.”

guy has 6 weeks on the job. if he's saying this coming from another team, he's right.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
“We definitely could practice a lot harder,” wide receiver Marquise Brown said. “We definitely could practice a lot sharper and treat each route like a game rep.”

guy has 6 weeks on the job. if he's saying this coming from another team, he's right.
Is there a more damning indictment of the team/coaching staff?

Soft team, soft owner, soft head coach, no leadership. MB and squad are just happy to be in the game.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am stunned this thread isn’t 10 pages long with people irate over the messaging coming out about this game and practice intensity. Even the optimist would have to be cynical as all get out at what has come to light since the loss Sunday.

I was accepting of the loss Sunday to a team on a mission to be champions again but the messaging has pushed me over the edge.

This is probably one of the reasons Kliff’s teams in Lubbock failed…he ran candy ass practices. This could easily be why Kliff didn’t stick in the NFL more than three years…he didn’t take practicing and game prep seriously.

Total joke. Him, Kyler, Keim and the lot of them

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if we've taken the view that we prepared hard the last couple of years, started the campaigns well but then burnt out in the second half of both seasons

So this season tried to go for a more tapered approach. Don't peak too early. Time our run better.

However miscalculated how easing off a fraction + some untimely injuries would leave us exposed against a genuine contender

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I am stunned this thread isn’t 10 pages long with people irate over the messaging coming out about this game and practice intensity. Even the optimist would have to be cynical as all get out at what has come to light since the loss Sunday.

I was accepting of the loss Sunday to a team on a mission to be champions again but the messaging has pushed me over the edge.

This is probably one of the reasons Kliff’s teams in Lubbock failed…he ran candy ass practices. This could easily be why Kliff didn’t stick in the NFL more than three years…he didn’t take practicing and game prep seriously.

Total joke. Him, Kyler, Keim and the lot of them
Oh, the reaction is 10 pages long, but it started far earlier, Sunday and yesterday, on different threads.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave