0-8 Start Very Possible

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I don’t think so, still think our goal is to win the division, and we are very much capable, as the whole division took a nose dive. We don’t know what we are? Didn’t play in preseason, it showed! won’t be ready to play or know our 22 idrntity until the 4th game or so because of that.

empasis on the run game would change everything but no - we pass ourselves to death with 3 and outs. Still had hope until that greedy decision on 4th down at the end of the first 1/2- when team is struggling take the momentum and carry it into the start if the 2nd 1/2.! But can forgive that, then run a bunch after the game is determined - same ole cardinals.

CBS Power ranking said cards :

They looked like a big mess against the Chiefs. This might be a long season even after giving out big contract extensions to the coach and general manager.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can have Jalen Hurts and I think Cards will beat Raiders. That’s all!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If this team is 0-8 I would expect Bidwill to start the purge with the coaching staff and we end the season with less than 5 wins I don't think Mikey keeps his cool and fires Keim.

If we end up worse than 5-13 and no one gets canned then that is a clear indication Bidwill expected the outcome and is fine with it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't really buy that stuff. If it was some star QB that kept whomping us it would be one thing but Mayfield sucks.

Again, I am not saying we're going to win that game... but it's winnable. Carolina looked like hot garbage on Sunday... as did we... but we were playing a superbowl contender, they were up against Jocoby Brissett.

The teams that I think we're going to have almost no chance against are the ones who have legit QBs and receivers, we can't cover anyone, the Rams, Chargers, Vikings, Bucs... probably the Raiders too but I think Carr is pretty meh, barring some huge leaps by our corners and pass rush, those games are over before they start.

The result against the Chiefs was not bad enough to knock me off a 7-10 season, which is still a pretty crappy season. I think we're going to do beat most of the bad teams we play and get totally stomped by the good ones.
What do you mean you don’t buy “that stuff”? They obviously are a matchup nightmare for us with these current coaching staffs for both teams and have done a great job destroying our offense. And they did that the last two years when they were a bad team… and we were actually good.

This isn’t a matter of “The Panthers have beaten us for three decades and historically kill us” analysis. This is specific to the current teams and how they’ve played each other in recent memory with similar teams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this team is 0-8 I would expect Bidwill to start the purge with the coaching staff and we end the season with less than 5 wins I don't think Mikey keeps his cool and fires Keim.

If we end up worse than 5-13 and no one gets canned then that is a clear indication Bidwill expected the outcome and is fine with it.
Joseph is going to be the laughable sacrificial lamb.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Well, going 0-8 certainly isn’t impossible. That said it’s historically very hard to do that. I think the offense will look good in some games, but not a majority. Also historically I’d say it’s been easier to win with a good defense as opposed to a good offense. Still there are plenty of exceptions. I’ll put Raiders stuff on that thread. I think the Panthers, Seahawks and Eagles games are toss ups.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Name their excuse - FO isn’t gettingit. done.
Jeff....Wouldn't you like a one on one with Mr. B and get as honest an answer as possible as to why he exteneded the contracts of K and M for as long as he did.
FWIW I would never have given Murray a contract the length and size but that is my
thoughts as I do not believe he has the qualities of a leader.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What wins do you see on this schedule?
I think how they respond on Sunday vs the Raiders will tell us alot about this team and this season.

But to answer your question, I think the following games are "winnable":

-Raiders
-Panthers
-Eagles
-Seahawks x2
-Saints
-49ers x2
-Patriots
-Broncos
-Falcons

Not predicting these are wins, but they are winnable IMO.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think how they respond on Sunday vs the Raiders will tell us alot about this team and this season.

But to answer your question, I think the following games are "winnable":

-Raiders
-Panthers
-Eagles
-Seahawks x2
-Saints
-49ers x2
-Patriots
-Broncos
-Falcons

Not predicting these are wins, but they are winnable IMO.
Technically, every game is winnable. Until it’s not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave