Should we give our Cardinals some grace?

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
OK after a good nights sleep I have decided to forgive but not forget.
Hopefully it’s that this offense hasn’t had enough reps together. Yes they should have played at least 2 preseason quarters.
If JJ can pick himself up off the sideline just maybe he will fire up this heartless defense.
Watching the Cowboys performance (and Prescott injury) last night made me feel like “it could be worse”.
And….
The Raiders are not the Chiefs.
Cmon Cards! Pick yourselves up and get your sh*t together!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not after reading some of the post game comments from the idiot twins KK and KM.

“I think it was good for us for this to happen to us.”

This was one of Kyler’s comments yesterday.

Uh.. this team needed a wake up call… in Week 1… against one of the best teams in the league… AFTER THEIR CRAPTACULAR COLLAPSE LAST YEAR?

Who the F do any of these guys on this team think they are in this league?

Also, Kliff says there wasn’t a sense of urgency last week in practice… going into Week 1… against the Best team in the league… COMING OFF A CRAPTACULAR COLLAPSE LAST YEAR?

There is ZERO leadership on this team.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
In this video the first dog represents 31 teams in the NFL. The second dog represents the Arizona Cardinals:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing more reliable than a Monday morning and Kliff giving the opposing staff their flowers.
It’s becoming Bugel-esque when he’d be getting interviewed by LaCava:

LaCava: Coach, the Eagles third string running back rushed for 152 yards and 3 touchdowns. What did you see out there today?

Bugel: Gosh, he’s a good player Jude. That team over there are a special bunch of guys. But let me tell you something Jude, this week we’re gonna regroup, prepare and next week, we’re gonna go to war. It’s time to see red!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I mean, it's a new week and a long season, so sure, we could bounce back. On the other hand, I didn't like our chances these first few games before the season started, so now I'm uber down on the team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually think we have a good shot this week.

But this week tells the true tale of the tale whether the season is going to be mediocre (best case) or downright awful.

AzRedbird69

Rookie
Reaction score
After watching the game a 2nd time it's clear, only Budda, Murphy and maybe Simmons would start for another team. We are in big trouble defensively. Murray looks fn scared. Play calling looks fn lame. We need to run more mesh and less fn button hooks. Dortch looks like a solid #3.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s becoming Bugel-esque when he’d be getting interviewed by LaCava:

LaCava: Coach, the Eagles third string running back rushed for 152 yards and 3 touchdowns. What did you see out there today?

Bugel: Gosh, he’s a good player Jude. That team over there are a special bunch of guys. But let me tell you something Jude, this week we’re gonna regroup, prepare and next week, we’re gonna go to war. It’s time to see red!
OMG that is so true! My favorite line from Bugel was: "Gosh darn it. If we'd just scored more points than them we would've won!". One of those disengage brain and open mouth moments Joe was so great at. Nice guy but not a great head coach.
Thanks for exploding the barrier I put memories of those days behind Cheese! LOL

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Raiders will be tough but can certainly be beat. But, they have a great receiver, a really good TE and a very competent QB. Ah heck, no way the Cards beat them. I just can't make myself believe it after yesterday.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But this week tells the true tale of the tale whether the season is going to be mediocre (best case) or downright awful.
Agreed.

Although if it is awful, at least Vance will get fired...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG that is so true! My favorite line from Bugel was: "Gosh darn it. If we'd just scored more points than them we would've won!". One of those disengage brain and open mouth moments Joe was so great at. Nice guy but not a great head coach.
Thanks for exploding the barrier I put memories of those days behind Cheese! LOL
You’re welcome.

My best friend and I still to do this day when talking about this version of the Cardinals always find a way to get in “Let me tell you something Jude…”

• Haha
Reactions: TRW

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am okay with it.. BirdCity Football has now become DrinkCity Football to me..

OP
OP
cardcrazy

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I disagree that Budda and Murphy are the only true starters. Golden is a beast when healthy, Thompson was excellent last year, Allen is coming on strong, Gardeck has it in him, Simmons also has it just not yesterday.
When you add Watt, that’s 8 starters. What they need is leadership and JJ can get them fired up, I saw it last year. They get better when he’s on the field.
The problem? JJ Watt needs to get his ass suited up!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not after reading some of the post game comments from the idiot twins KK and KM.

Uh.. this team needed a wake up call… in Week 1… against one of the best teams in the league… AFTER THEIR CRAPTACULAR COLLAPSE LAST YEAR?

Also, Kliff says there wasn’t a sense of urgency last week in practice… going into Week 1… against the Best team in the league… COMING OFF A CRAPTACULAR COLLAPSE LAST YEAR?

Definitely not professionals who take this ish seriously with comments like that

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only 'grace' there will be is the Raiders saying it before they feast on Redbird

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kyler said the Rams playoff debacle was good also.

Uh, it's only good if you learn from it and change for the better.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Of course, whenever we are desperate for a win we end up playing another team that is also desperate for a win.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Will I give them a grace period, yes. With all the injuries, KC and Mahomes who always kill game one of the year, bad recipe right there. However the Raiders and Rams games will really lay a foundation on the makeup of this team for this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose