Kyler is Blaine Gabbert

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“I think it was good for us for this to happen to us.”

This was one of Kyler’s comments yesterday.

Uh.. this team needed a wake up call… in Week 1… against one of the best teams in the league… AFTER THEIR CRAPTACULAR COLLAPSE LAST YEAR?

Who the F do any of these guys on this team think they are in this league?

Also, Kliff says there wasn’t a sense of urgency last week in practice… going into Week 1… against the Best team in the league… COMING OFF A CRAPTACULAR COLLAPSE LAST YEAR?

There is ZERO leadership on this team.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
“I think it was good for us for this to happen to us.”

This was one of Kyler’s comments yesterday.

Uh.. this team needed a wake up call… in Week 1… against one of the best teams in the league… AFTER THEIR CRAPTACULAR COLLAPSE LAST YEAR?

Who the F do any of these guys on this team think they are in this league?

Also, Kliff says there wasn’t a sense of urgency last week in practice… going into Week 1… against the Best team in the league… COMING OFF A CRAPTACULAR COLLAPSE LAST YEAR?

There is ZERO leadership on this team.
That's one of many incomprehensible statements. He also said the team was "feeling themselves" a little too much, as in thinking they were something they aren't. All hat no cattle. This entire team is delusional.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's one of many incomprehensible statements. He also said the team was "feeling themselves" a little too much, as in thinking they were something they aren't. All hat no cattle. This entire team is delusional.
How is this team “feeling itself” after the most humiliating playoff loss the franchise has ever had and one of the worst of all time in the NFL?

Oh, I’ll tell you how… everyone involved was somehow rewarded with MASSIVE contract extensions after totally crapping the bed.

Idiotic decision making in this off-season.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
How is this team “feeling itself” after the most humiliating playoff loss the franchise has ever had and one of the worst of all time in the NFL?

Oh, I’ll tell you how… everyone involved was somehow rewarded with MASSIVE contract extensions after totally crapping the bed.

How are you feeling yourself when the team is consistently ranked in the soft middle of the league?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know where to put this, so here's a stat from The Athletic

An interesting stat: Dating to last season, Sunday marked the third time in Murray’s past six games that he’s lost by double digits. Mahomes, on the other hand, has lost by double digits as a starter only three times in his professional career.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

An interesting stat: Dating to last season, Sunday marked the third time in Murray’s past six games that he’s lost by double digits. Mahomes, on the other hand, has lost by double digits as a starter only three times in his professional career.

Ughhhhh

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I like Kyler as Cards QB but this stat, ugh!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
K1's QB rating for this game? 99.4 and no turnovers But yeah, this loss is squarely on his shoulders.

Wish we had flavor of the month Joe Burrow instead. He only threw three picks and lost a fumble. He is so much better than Murray!
Man the use kylers QB rating, which was built after he went down 37-7 midway through the 3rd quarter, really destroys the strength of some posters perspectives on ASFN.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So far in his career, he’s a front runner. Outside of his first ever game against a woeful Lions team, it’s seems more often than not that when Kyler gets punched in the mouth early, he never really comes out of it when the game matters.

I mean… that’s the MO for this entire team at this point.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So far in his career, he’s a front runner. Outside of his first ever game against a woeful Lions team, it’s seems more often than not that when Kyler gets punched in the mouth early, he never really comes out of it when the game matters.

I mean… that’s the MO for this entire team at this point.
and teams take on the attitude of their QBs.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude just isn't very good, and we overpaid him way too early. Embarrassing.
Kyler and Kliff need to study Russell Wilson. Watch the time he buys by being under center. The defense doesn’t know where Wilson is going after the snap. Does he turn to his right… his left?
The way Kliff runs this offense the defense ALWAYS knows where Kyler is at. There’s no deception. Play action is a waste of time and the only time a Kyler moves the pocket is when he’s flushed.
Kliff isn’t going to change and he will not make Kyler get under center but for a few times during the game.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I actually think the triple K signings may have hurt the core of this team and have caused some dissension in the locker room. That happens when employees see underachievers rewarded.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mahomes is light years better than Kyler so I'm not debating that but the Chiefs were 12-4 in 2016 and then drafted Mahomes and went 10-6 with him only playing the last game. He started his career on one of the best teams in the NFL.

So the fact that Mahomes rarely loses by double digits isn't exactly a surprise.

Kyler has to play much better or we're going to be terrible this year

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two off target throws.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I believe that Kyler is EXTREMELY accurate. I think his issue is more deciding where and when to throw, and when to move in the pocket. But the actual throwing part he's exceptional at IMO. It's why I still have belief we can win lots of games with him if we can get him to understand the pre snap stuff and stuff he struggles with now.

I can't find a clip of it and I didn't record the game but look at that deep ball to Hollywood that was an absolutely perfect throw. He put it in a spot where the DB had no chance. hollywood sort of turned the wrong way and then turned back but I still think he got both hands on it he just didn't hold on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I believe that Kyler is EXTREMELY accurate. I think his issue is more deciding where and when to throw, and when to move in the pocket. But the actual throwing part he's exceptional at IMO. It's why I still have belief we can win lots of games with him if we can get him to understand the pre snap stuff and stuff he struggles with now.

I can't find a clip of it and I didn't record the game but look at that deep ball to Hollywood that was an absolutely perfect throw. He put it in a spot where the DB had no chance. hollywood sort of turned the wrong way and then turned back but I still think he got both hands on it he just didn't hold on.
This. He’s accurate with his throw, even if his receiver is covered. He’s still accurate. That’s a weird and imo stupid stat.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A smart Qb can make his life a whole lot easier.
To date Kyler has not shown us he is smart.
If he is ever going to great he’s going to have to get a lot smarter.