Give Me That Old Time Religion

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think Kingsbury is using the playbook I drew up in the dirt as a kid. I told Bennie to go long straight down the field. I called that a Go Route. I’m sure AJ ran that. I had another one I called Down & Out where I told Bobby to take 7 steps down the field then break to the sideline. If you see any receivers do a quick turnaround, that’s my buttonhook. When Kingsbury got here I was expecting complex crossing routes and pick plays. Instead he’s just using the ones from my youth. They seemed to work quite a bit better then.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OH, the franchise is pooping again on the field and dashing all hopes in week 1? This after doing nothing off-season after a 2-6 end and most embarrassing playoff loss? And you the Keim fan boys, Bidwill fan boys, you deserve ALL of this. Go on, you have the floor again for your pom poms like this is only week 1!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
OH, the franchise is pooping again on the field and dashing all hopes in week 1? This after doing nothing off-season after a 2-6 end and most embarrassing playoff loss? And you the Keim fan boys, Bidwill fan boys, you deserve ALL of this. Go on, you have the floor again for your pom poms like this is only week 1!
Yeah, I want to hear from the very vocal minority disdainfully mocking the realists for being concerned over this ish-show of an offseason. Yinz know who you are, and yinz need to own up. Keim crapped the bed, period.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trolling and dumb. Congrats.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I want to hear from the very vocal minority disdainfully mocking the realists for being concerned over this ish-show of an offseason. Yinz know who you are, and yinz need to own up. Keim crapped the bed, period.
Blaming all of this on Keim is funny.

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
The defensive line cannot keep the offensive linemen off the linebackers and the need for CBs is overwhelming. the defensive schemes do not work when you have a group of 2nd and 3rd string player starting. It's time to get rid of non-producers.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's one of 'em. He doesn't get all the blame, but he's the one that compiled--or, in many instances, refused to compile--this roster.
He’s def with blame but we have 7 starters out today…. I put wayyyyyyy more of this one on Kliff.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's one of 'em. He doesn't get all the blame, but he's the one that compiled--or, in many instances, refused to compile--this roster.
I’ve waited all preseason without comment. Now I’ve seen what I needed to see…and it’s not pretty. SK has the keys to the car. We suck. He’s the boss. Ergo Steve isn’t gettin it done. if we want a 180 degree turnaround, we’ll have to balance change, risk and, ironically, patience…& ultimately our GM, HC and entire mgt system and culture (which seems totally off the. rails).

It won’t be pretty, but I think it’s our only way out of the pits. we tried touch football, and it’s unlikely to work in the NFL.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are not going to get it. You will hear a lot about injuries, it’s only one game and we are tied with the Rams and 49ers( maybe Seahawks).
Some of us saw this train wreck coming and got chastised by some for saying so.
At this moment it looks like this organization has made a huge mistake extending Keim and Kingsbury compounded by caving in to Kyler’s demands before he deserved it.
And now we are stuck.

Keim isn’t good. He’s not. His drafts are terrible which forces him to fill holes with sub par talent. He is forced to trade for name players which drives up the salary cap. He consistent hamstrings his staff with players that don’t fit the system creating “ hybrid” players that never seem to work. He fails to anticipate positions of need. I.E. let Jones walk without preparing for that two years ago. Same with Peterson. He lets players like Reddick, Devonte Campell walk.

Kingsbury. It has become shockingly obvious his offense is designed for college. Every play seems like hard labor. Nothing seems easy. We should have someone running a crossing Pattern EVERY pass play. We never move the pocket. He seems to worry more about distributing the ball around instead of finding a weakness, exploiting it and forcing defenses to adjust.

KYLER: He will continue to wow us with a highlight play but in the face of adversity he withers. He seems to be very weak knowing where his hot reads are. He is weak finding open receivers. Whether he’ll admit it or not he hates to be under Center and that hurts us. It hurts play action. It hurts disguising runs and DESIGNED roll outs. Worse thing? He’s been rewarded WITHOUT having learned the ability to do the above mentioned.
Sorry to say we are in for a very long dry run.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes we brought in a failed college coach who installed his failed college system. Not sure how anybody expects Kyler to develop into an elite NFL quarterback when the guy coaching him doesn't even understand the NFL game. Worst possible pairing you could have. Not even Mahomes could win games with Kliff. You could see the talent, just like you can with Kyler, but he didn't blossom until he landed with a real coach.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s def with blame but we have 7 starters out today…. I put wayyyyyyy more of this one on Kliff.
JJ Watt - consistently injured guy Keim gave big money to.
Mullen - was injured when Keim actually traded for hk
Rondale Moore - ALWAYS hurt in every season he’s played football college or pro

When you decide to build around guys who consistently can’t stay healthy or are already injured, the flaw isn’t with the injured players. It’s with the flat out blind stupidity to keep depending on them.

And should we really be surprised Pugh is already hurt? Keim apparently had to beg him to comeback out of retirement. His body didn’t look ready for football when he reported to camp so his getting injured not a surprise.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's the same crap
We ALL know VJ scheme and coaching sucks arse...shame on the FO for this. I think we played better against the Chiefs when Wilks and Rosen were on the team

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all starts with the GM whether we like it or not. I know, we are stuck.

He is the one that puts the team together and is responsible for hiring the right head coach.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
The roster isn’t going to change much (or maybe any) next week. For that matter maybe for the next 3 games.
Rondale has a pulled hammy. They typically don’t heal in a week. There’s no reason to believe that JJ Watt will be ready to play either. He strained his calf 3 weeks ago. I thought he would easily be okay for the opener.
Pugh is a question mark too. His replacement Cody Ford is out for 4 weeks minimum on IR.
All CB help is on IR for 4 weeks also. If Kiem was gonna bring in a vet CB he would’ve done it by now. Because why not, there’s still cap room.
So, most likely, we’re running with the same lineup for next week.
Its shocking how you get in this situation to start a season.
Brittle players and inept management that’s how!
It’s gonna be a long season!

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The roster isn’t going to change much (or maybe any) next week. For that matter maybe for the next 3 games.
Rondale has a pulled hammy. They typically don’t heal in a week. There’s no reason to believe that JJ Watt will be ready to play either. He strained his calf 3 weeks ago. I thought he would easily be okay for the opener.
Pugh is a question mark too. His replacement Cody Ford is out for 4 weeks minimum on IR.
All CB help is on IR for 4 weeks also. If Kiem was gonna bring in a vet CB he would’ve done it by now. Because why not, there’s still cap room.
So, most likely, we’re running with the same lineup for next week.
Its shocking how you get in this situation to start a season.
Brittle players and inept management that’s how!
It’s gonna be a long season!

0-3

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA