Isabella

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He wanted more playing time, was very vocal after the last pre season game. Ok dude, now it's time to step up Sunday & put up or shut up. If the coaching staff still doesn't play him much on Sunday then there's our answer, they must not trust him for anything other than ST. It has to be either the coaching staff or Kyler, especially if he looked as good in practice last season (when Hopkins got hurt) as he did this pre season. The coaching staff said that he didn't drop one single ball in camp. Ok then, play the guy. I would imagine the way KK likes to run 10 personnel, there's no way Sunday that Bolden Jr isn't elevated to the active roster. If someone gets dinged up during the game we'll only have 3 WR's otherwise. Having typed all of this, I would love to see more 12 personnel on Sunday if we have enough TE's available? Ertz is probably going to be a game time decision & I have no idea about Maxx? Smash mouth football, control the clock & keep the ball away from Mahomes as much as possible. Playing physical can create some play action deep shots for Brown or Isabella. Guess we'll find out Sunday?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He wanted more playing time, was very vocal after the last pre season game. Ok dude, now it's time to step up Sunday & put up or shut up. If the coaching staff still doesn't play him much on Sunday then there's our answer, they must not trust him for anything other than ST. It has to be either the coaching staff or Kyler, especially if he looked as good in practice last season (when Hopkins got hurt) as he did this pre season. The coaching staff said that he didn't drop one single ball in camp. Ok then, play the guy. I would imagine the way KK likes to run 10 personnel, there's no way Sunday that Bolden Jr isn't elevated to the active roster. If someone gets dinged up during the game we'll only have 3 WR's otherwise. Having typed all of this, I would love to see more 12 personnel on Sunday if we have enough TE's available? Ertz is probably going to be a game time decision & I have no idea about Maxx? Smash mouth football, control the clock & keep the ball away from Mahomes as much as possible. Playing physical can create some play action deep shots for Brown or Isabella. Guess we'll find out Sunday?
Love everything you wrote her except this team isn’t built to play smash-mouth football. Specifically the Oline.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Love everything you wrote her except this team isn’t built to play smash-mouth football. Specifically the Oline.
At times last season we did which was surprising considering who calls the plays lol. Sean Kugler wants to run the ball more & hopefully KK works with him even more this year? I know our OL has its limitations & depth issues but if you can't run the ball you become too predictable obviously. I'm just flabbergasted as to how we have so many injuries right now & pretty much no starter got any snaps in the pre season. Just our luck.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AI will definitely play. Dortch, Im guessing will return kicks and also play. I read that we can only elevate two guys from the PS each week, and they are indicating that Kennard will be one of them, and the other HAS to be a CB. Hope it's not Whitaker, as I'd rather have a guy I know nothing about and hope we get lucky.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
If they feel that Golden is good to go, they might not elevate Kennard. This would allow them to bring up a cornerback(Whitaker) and a receiver(Bolden), our two thinnest roster positions at this time.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree to a point. We NEED to run the ball, however, we NEED to get an early lead. If our first 3 possessions are played too conservatively and we don’t score we could find ourselves down 2 or 3 scores by half time. So we need to run the ball at key tiimes in the game with a lead
I think our need to score against this team outweigh the need to run especially early in the game.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dink and dunk might be the way to go. Move the chains and eat up the clock. Teams that win the opening toss often defer. I'll be interested to see what we do if we win (try to get on top) or if the Chiefs win (they take the ball, because they are not worried about being behind at the half). We'll know in about 28 hours, but who's counting.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I’m not so sure about that. I think that’s exactly what we’re going to see. Shorten the game and keep our defense off the field. Our interior o-line is probably better suited for this.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If the Cards run the quick hitter passing game the Bills ran and I admired earlier, Isabella could be a huge part of that attack. In the preseason he displayed an unusual quick burst that produced almost immediate separation. I think the Cards have to put tons of points on the board. Brown and Connor will also have to have big games for the Cards to be in the game when the second half starts.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
AI will definitely play. Dortch, Im guessing will return kicks and also play. I read that we can only elevate two guys from the PS each week, and they are indicating that Kennard will be one of them, and the other HAS to be a CB. Hope it's not Whitaker, as I'd rather have a guy I know nothing about and hope we get lucky.
Well you got your wish lol, they signed Whitaker back. I'm kind of like you honestly, never saw the need to keep him other than a numbers aspect, which is exactly what this is.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dink and dunk might be the way to go. Move the chains and eat up the clock. Teams that win the opening toss often defer. I'll be interested to see what we do if we win (try to get on top) or if the Chiefs win (they take the ball, because they are not worried about being behind at the half). We'll know in about 28 hours, but who's counting.
This team sucks at dink and dunk because they don't have the patience for it. KM and Kliffy are all about shots down the field on 3rd and short. Sometimes it works, but often it leads to punts.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team sucks at dink and dunk because they don't have the patience for it. KM and Kliffy are all about shots down the field on 3rd and short. Sometimes it works, but often it leads to punts.
I hate the east & west ****

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Will he be this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Or Invisabella?

I'm thinking I might make the outcome of his play my avatar for the week.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Will he be this?

Or Invisabella?

I'm thinking I might make the outcome of his play my avatar for the week.
I truly wanna see what the kid can do. Everyone expects us to lose this game anyways & we're down several WR's so why not?

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
KC doesn't even know what is about to hit them. Isabella is almost uncoverable as he proved in the preseason. 120 to 210 yards + at least 2, maybe 3, TDs.
Uncoverable against other teams future cut players and 3rd on depth players. Isabella is a bust

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd like to indulge in a bit of optimistic speculation -- completely unproven/unprovable.

Entering the NFL, Isabella was scared. He played scared. When you have a player that lacks confidence and freezes up in the spotlight, sometimes it's best to sit them over-long until they have some fight in them about getting playing time. That fight comes with a growing confidence that they belong in the NFL.

Instead of experiencing anxiety about screwing up, there's a focus/chip about "see what I can do" and "I belong here."

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Let‘s target Isabella constantly late in blowout losses (many to come) in order to extract potential trade value for a team who loses a receiver due to injury. Maybe Keim can fleece some other GM

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose