Kansas City Chiefs @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame Thread. 9/2/22-9/10/22

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly the strength of the team on paper is the offense, but somehow 50% of the offense is injured/suspended before the season has even started.

So yet again this team will most likely require Vance Joseph to pull a rabbit out of a hat and keep this game close for the Cards to have any chance. He'll have to do it this year with a bunch of unproven players against one of the top QBs in the league. Yeah things are looking up for the Cardinals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see this is going to be another season where when the Cardinals are good again and all the usual offseason haters are going to have to eat more big 'ole plates of humble pie and we will have to suffer through more "I was just saying it how I see it" comments.
You say the above as if the cardinals have consistently proven the “haters” wrong with plenty of good seasons lately. But the reality is outside of one awesome seven game winning streak to start last season, the Cardinals have been mediocre to awful since 2016. The year is 2022.

Also, just talk football instead of insulting posters. Starting flame wars before the seasons starts is weak.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let me introduce you to the 2022 Arizona Cards defense, that can take any offense and make it look like a million bucks! There's no stopping the run, but the options don't end there--they can't generate a pass rush to protect their CBs and so opposing QBs can feast on them in all facets.
I think we'll see a pass rush but you're spot on with everything else imo. Gardeck looks like he has his burst from 2 years ago back, Golden practiced yesterday & I really like VD, not even gonna try & spell his name lol. PM is slippery though, then throws sidearm passes around defenders. How much of a pass rush I have no idea really but I think we'll get some pressure.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember reading in the joint practice with TN, that they had no one that could block Allen. And if teams have trouble with Allen, I like JJ Watt's chances.
I like what you said but JJ has to actually be on the field first lol. As of yesterday he wasn't & if he doesn't practice today he may not play?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You say the above as if the cardinals have consistently proven the “haters” wrong with plenty of good seasons lately. But the reality is outside of one awesome seven game winning streak to start last season, the Cardinals have been mediocre to awful since 2016. The year is 2022.

Also, just talk football instead of insulting posters. Starting flame wars before the seasons starts is weak.

I'm not insulting posters. Never mentioned anyone. If you think you fall in that group of people that are whatever the opposite of "homer" is that says more about you.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see this is going to be another season where when the Cardinals are good again and all the usual offseason haters are going to have to eat more big 'ole plates of humble pie and we will have to suffer through more "I was just saying it how I see it" comments.
Oh and what will you say if/when we are right kool-aid man?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh and what will you say if/when we are right kool-aid man?

I'll say you were right.

The difference is, I haven't made anyone listen through endless streams of negativity and anti Cardinal rhetoric all off season.

This isn't about saying "I don't think we are good this year because X,Y and Z". This is about people **** posting every little that happens around this team. Literally everything.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we'll see a pass rush but you're spot on with everything else imo. Gardeck looks like he has his burst from 2 years ago back, Golden practiced yesterday & I really like VD, not even gonna try & spell his name lol. PM is slippery though, then throws sidearm passes around defenders. How much of a pass rush I have no idea really but I think we'll get some pressure.
The problem is to get to their Qb we will have to rush 5-6 guys. Yes we will occasionally get there . But guys like Mahomes will burn us time and time again. A dump off to Kelce while rushing 6 guys could mean a 40 yard play.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The problem is to get to their Qb we will have to rush 5-6 guys. Yes we will occasionally get there . But guys like Mahomes will burn us time and time again. A dump off to Kelce while rushing 6 guys could mean a 40 yard play.
I hope we only send 5? If we send 6 then PM will light us up. I'd love to get pressure with 4 but Campbell & Dockett ain't walking through that door lol.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll say you were right.

The difference is, I haven't made anyone listen through endless streams of negativity and anti Cardinal rhetoric all off season.

This isn't about saying "I don't think we are good this year because X,Y and Z". This is about people **** posting every little that happens around this team. Literally everything.
Lol. So you will say “ You were right” but ALL the naysayers will come up with excuses about why we were wrong?
I pray I’m wrong as do most of us. It’s a hell of lot easier and fun to each “wrong crow” from the naysayer side than it is to eat “ wrong crow” from the kool-aid side. I suggest you bring a lot of seasoning salt.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oof… right. And Hicks.

And Philips who was contributing during the beginning of the season when we racked up the majority of those 11 wins before we totally fell apart… after injuries to most of the guys I listed above.
Jordan Phillips - 2021

9 games: 14 solo tackles - 3 sacks

games 1 to 8: 2 solo tackles - 0 sacks
Games 9 to 16: 12 solo tackles - 3 sacks

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mahomes will just spread the ball around to a bunch of no names who the Cardinals will make look like future hall of famers. It will cause people to panic buy players like Jody Fortson in their fantasy leagues next week.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope we only send 5? If we send 6 then PM will light us up. I'd love to get pressure with 4 but Campbell & Dockett ain't walking through that door lol.
No doubt. Too bad our gm doesn’t realize a pass rush is the biggest key to a good defense. ( see Rams game last night). We are left with Golden and a part time Watts. Couple that with perhaps the weakest secondaries in the NFL will give everyone here the perfect storm to bag on VJ.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No doubt. Too bad our gm doesn’t realize a pass rush is the biggest key to a good defense. ( see Rams game last night). We are left with Golden and a part time Watts. Couple that with perhaps the weakest secondaries in the NFL will give everyone here the perfect storm to bag on VJ.
Half of our secondary is weak. Our safeties our 2 of the best in the NFL imo.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
perhaps the weakest secondaries in the NFL will give everyone here the perfect storm to bag on VJ.

We had the 8th ranked pass defense last year and upgraded from Alford to Mullen. How has it dropped 24 places?