For You, Who is the Face or Image of the Arizona Cardinals?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I have felt strange or different regarding the Cardinals over the last 2 or 3 years. I didn't face it, or maybe more accurately, I wasn't conscious of it. I just knew something was missing. Maybe it is like a marriage that you stay in for convenience, yet the true love and emotion you once felt just isn't there any more.

Well last night, for some reason, it became clear to me what exactly it was. There is simply no one on this team I feel any attachment towards. There isn't a single player I feel strongly about that represents the face of the Cards in a way like I once enjoyed. In the more recent past, there was Kurt and of course Larry, and even the David Johnson years, and before that we always had someone I thought of as my guy or our guy, whether for just a couple years like Jake the Snake or Pat Tillman. They didn't have to be that good, but I liked them and cared how they did.

But there is no one on this team that I seem to feel that way about. I liked Christian Kirk a bit, but he is gone. I suppose the face of the Cards is now our QB and WR, but for me they are no Larry Fitzgerald or Kurt Warner. I don't really care that much for Murray, it's not his play but rather his personality I guess, and still don't think of Hopkins as being a true Cardinal yet.

Maybe I am just too old now to feel excited about much of anything. It's strange though that I seem to get excited watching other players in the league, and I could name at least a dozen I really like. But the Cards, sorry I just can't think of one. Still like and root for the team as a whole, but for me there lacks a real identity or a face of the franchise that I care that much for. I think I see now that that is what has been missing for me. Hopefully there will be some salvation for this marriage.

And KK, you could start by getting a more wholesome looking GF. The lady bots the Japanese are now selling for $10-100k look more real, and I would guess are less costly.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I totally agree. You would hope Murray was that guy, given the contract he got. However, i don’t have any strong connection towards him other than his play on the field. Definitely not like Kurt Warner or Larry, etc.
I thought the guy who brought the most energy and excitement to the organization was Watt and he is a short timer.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh, come on Zorro. The 'face of the franchise' has nothing to do with whether you like it or not. It's Kyler Murray and you know that just like the 'Z' you scratch on walls, regardless of if it looks more like a '2' or not
He said, “for you”, who is that guy.
We all know the organization is going to try and make Murray that guy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hmm, it should be KM, but he just doesn't have that kind of image. That's no slight on the kid; he seems like an introvert, and I can relate.

I'd say JJ Watt, but he's old and on his way out. I think it remains to be seen who the face of the franchise is.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He said, “for you”, who is that guy.
We all know the organization is going to try and make Murray that guy.
They don't have to try. If you look at any game coming up against the Cards, 10 to 1 Kyler is the image they are associating with the Cards and it makes complete logical sense without any effort by the franchise. My point is that the 'face of the franchise' does not make them so because you like them, you can and usually do, but they simply represent the bulk of the team's coverage. It's not even close, it's Kyler Murray

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind it has to be the human missile Anthony Isabella! A player made of rare ingredients. A player of particular prowess. A workout warrior and photogenic. And to top it all off a player of cunning and deception when he runs his routes with hands as soft as a baby. He, my friends MUST, no in fact, DEMANDS to be the face of the Arizona Cardinals.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind it has to be the human missile Anthony Isabella! A player made of rare ingredients. A player of particular prowess. A workout warrior and photogenic. And to top it all off a player of cunning and deception when he runs his routes with hands as soft as a baby. He, my friends MUST, no in fact, DEMANDS to be the face of the Arizona Cardinals.
Please stop.. lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Caw!!! X17

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The popular choice is Kyler Murray, but until I'm convinced the Cardinals are on the right track, it's Steve Keim for now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, it is still kind of feels like Larry's team.

Kyler really needs to step up, take this team to the playoffs so it can be his.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it possible for a team to have their QB as the face of the franchise?
You would hope. But it's also possible for that QB not to endear himself to the fanbase because of his actions. Perception is reality for many fans, especially the younger generation.
Funny thing, if you ask my 10 year old son who he likes better, Kyler or Mahomes, it's a resounding vote for Patrick. In fact, he keeps saying he's going to root for KC this weekend (even though I threatened not to take him, lol). That's a hard pill to swallow when you are trying to bring along the next generation of Cardinals fans.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think that I've "broke the code" as it seems that many posters act like 10 year olds. Let your son know that he'll grow out of it. :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose