Hamilton Out 4 Weeks - Cooking Injury

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
As someone who burned his foot cooking I've been a *little* on edge around a stove ever since.

Just a brutal feeling (had on just socks) as it burns through your skin.

Yea not going full Colombo but the marks are interesting. Cause it got both as well. Maybe just a wide pan.

Hope he recovers well.
The pan could have had hot oil in it, knocked over, and splashed. That’s what it looks like to me.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Distracted? You’re an NFL player & your team is depending on you not to be stupid or careless. I have no tolerance for this garbage. Why are you anywhere near hot grease??? Makes no sense to me.
Bubblewrap em all!!!! The dude was cooking! You know, in order to eat.... in order to.... live. Jeebus.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This is now in every NFL players contract
You must be registered for see images attach

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bubblewrap em all!!!! The dude was cooking! You know, in order to eat.... in order to.... live. Jeebus.
I cook EVERY day, and yet, I’m somehow never near hot grease. If I’m a journeyman CB in the NFL about to finally get my chance to earn legitimate money, you can bet I’d be taking EVERY precaution to make sure something as idiotic as this doesn’t even remotely happen.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cook EVERY day, and yet, I’m somehow never near hot grease. If I’m a journeyman CB in the NFL about to finally get my chance to earn legitimate money, you can bet I’d be taking EVERY precaution to make sure something as idiotic as this doesn’t even remotely happen.

You know I normally agree with you but this one is a bit weird buddy.

It was hot oil. Nearly every pan I ever cook in contains hot oil to some degree. Only takes a shelf over the over to collapse or a kid to knock something over etc It was obviously a random thing.

I don't think he was absent mindedly juggling footballs while cooking. People got to live a life outside football.

If you went to cook tonight would you think "I best not, I might spill hot oil on myself"?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It was hot oil. Nearly every pan I ever cook in contains hot oil to some degree. Only takes a shelf over the over to collapse or a kid to knock something over etc It was obviously a random thing.

I don't think he was absent mindedly juggling footballs while cooking. People got to live a life outside football.

If you went to cook tonight would you think "I best not, I might spill hot oil on myself"?
Are you and I journeymen CB’s in the NFL trying to take advantage of an opportunity that you have worked your butt off trying to attain? Not even close, so why that analogy? Burns generally don’t heal well, especially the ones that hospitalize you. Does anyone really feel confident that this dude is returning in 4 weeks fully ready to play a position where your hands & feet play a hugely pivotal role? I have a 1st cousin who suffered burns years ago. Not only does it affect your skin, but it affects your joints too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you and I journeymen CB’s in the NFL trying to take advantage of an opportunity that you have worked your butt off trying to attain? Not even close, so why that analogy? Burns generally don’t heal well, especially the ones that hospitalize you. Does anyone really feel confident that this dude is returning in 4 weeks fully ready to play a position where your hands & feet play a hugely pivotal role? I have a 1st cousin who suffered burns years ago. Not only does it affect your skin, but it affects your joints too.

He wasn't chainsaw juggling. He was cooking. It was a freak accident.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
List of 'do nots' for journeyman CB's in the NFL:

1. stay out of the kitchen
2. have someone cut your food for fear of laceration
3. do not run up or down stairs and hold onto the railing
3. do not plug in appliances for fear of electrocution
4. make sure there is a secure mat in the shower to avoid slipping
5. do not play with your kids for fear of a twisted ankle
6. do not mow the lawn as one could lose a foot
7. never empty the garbage as you can wrench your back
8. never drive yourself to and from work and have someone do the errands
9. use very soft tissue on your butt to avoid irritation
10 avoid sex; you can pull a groin

And... never answer a knock at the door. who knows what may be lurking: LandShark!

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
List of 'do nots' for journeyman CB's in the NFL:

1. stay out of the kitchen
2. have someone cut your food for fear of laceration
3. do not run up or down stairs and hold onto the railing
3. do not plug in appliances for fear of electrocution
4. make sure there is a secure mat in the shower to avoid slipping
5. do not play with your kids for fear of a twisted ankle
6. do not mow the lawn as one could lose a foot
7. never drive yourself to and from work and have someone do the errands
8. ?
9. ?
10 ?

8. No sex. All kinds of things can go wrong there.
9. No DIY. Saws, nails, chisels. Yikes.
10. Do not take out the trash. Heavy lifting can cause back pain.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's going to miss at least 4 games so I bet, in hindsight, he's wishing he never messed around cooking whatever the heck he was cooking. Stupid risk with game-missing consequences.

A good friend of mine burned his feet this summer doing a crawfish boil. He lives in Louisiana and does them all the time. One mistake and BAM. Burnt feet.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Alright, alright. I’ll let it go with Hamilton. I hope with all my heart & soul that he’s back 100% in 4 weeks. This old man just gets so frustrated as I’ve seen too much stupidity from our players over the years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You don't need hot oil to make bangers, mash, blood pudding and all that other nasty British cuisine :p

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I answered it. You’re trying to compare the best QB in Cardinal history to a guy who we have no idea if he’s actually starter capable. Dumb comparison.
Excuse me?

Are you thinking of Kurt Warner who took us to the Super Bowl in Tampa?

Or Carson Palmer who took us to the NFC Championship Game?

Or Paddy Driscoll or Paul Christman who actually won NFL titles?

How could our best QB ever be a guy who choked in the only playoff game he managed to back into?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's going to miss at least 4 games so I bet, in hindsight, he's wishing he never messed around cooking whatever the heck he was cooking. Stupid risk with game-missing consequences.

A good friend of mine burned his feet this summer doing a crawfish boil. He lives in Louisiana and does them all the time. One mistake and BAM. Burnt feet.
Yea, I’m sure everyone would take back everything they did in hindsight if the result ended up bad. Riveting stuff here.

It doesn’t make it stupid, it just make it unfortunate.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't need hot oil to make bangers, mash, blood pudding and all that other nasty British cuisine :p

Question. I was wondering the other day what do you guys call fries that are chunky?

Here we have chips and fries. Chips being good old fashioned fat "fries" not Chips which are what we call Crisps. You seem to only have fries. Are you missing out on a good old fashioned British chip?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Question. I was wondering the other day what do you guys call fries that are chunky?

Here we have chips and fries. Chips being good old fashioned fat "fries" not Chips which are what we call Crisps. You seem to only have fries. Are you missing out on a good old fashioned British chip?
We just call every shape and size "fries".

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does a thread about Hamilton, a Cornerback, turn into another Kyler thread?
All it takes is for someone to mention how we have never ever ever ever seen a player who can do all the things he can do (except win a meaningful game to clinch a playoff spot, or the division, or win once in the playoffs, but, other than that...).