Final Cuts - Across the NFL

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
his issue at UCLA was playing the ball in the air. I'm blanking on the name but we had a CB like that a long time ago high pick was really good in coverage was always there but when the ball was in the air he just never could make a play on it. Once teams figured that out they just threw at him constantly because they knew he was going to break down with the ball in the air.

Moreau wasn't as bad as that but he was very athletic but he just wasn't a playmaker. But for him to get cut in a CB starved NFL suggests to me he's lost some speed. Guys that run like that are always valuable even on special teams so for him to be cut I gotta believe he's slowed down.
Was it knight or stone? One of those two guys.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
he's gotten better, idk about great. I don't think he's in our top 5 problems, though. he's been dealt a pretty crap hand and made due with it.
The TE issue is what totally baffles me. How can teams keep gashing our defense under his watch time & time again? In the same game on the same plays even lol. Simmons is supposed to fix that problem but until he gets one position............?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is anyone surprised Kennard was cut?

Vance barely used him when he was earning 8m per. He's going to be more likely to use him because he took a huge pay cut?

Golden, Gardeck, Sanders and Thomas were all locks and Dimukeje is the only one actually played well in pre season.

Dimukeje won the spot Kennard was penciled in to take back in April.

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The TE issue is what totally baffles me. How can teams keep gashing our defense under his watch time & time again? In the same game on the same plays even lol. Simmons is supposed to fix that problem but until he gets one position............?
What are you talking about?!?

In 2019 the Cardinals were dead last in yards & TDs given up to TEs.
In 2020 they gave up the 12th fewest yards & 4th in fewest TDs.
In 2021 they gave up the 4th fewest yards & #1 fewest TDs.

...dbs

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

...dbs
Yes I remember the numbers going down in 20 & 21 but TE's work the middle of the field & that's been our main area of weakness defending. If it's not a TE then it's a WR or a RB burning us across the middle of the field. I know it's pre season but against the Ravens we couldn't defend "Likely" at all lol. He kept burning us over & over. At what point could VJ have said "can someone just cover that guy"? I hope his "star LB" tag means Simmons covers the TE & middle this season or the numbers are going back up lol.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I'm not saying that our pass defense will be good when the season starts, but to judge it from a preseason when we didn't play Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, Byron Murphy, or Simmons is short sighted to say the least. Unfortunately, we're all gonna have to wait for the regular season to see what we have on defense. Of course I have my worries like everyone else.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not saying that our pass defense will be good when the season starts, but to judge it from a preseason when we didn't play Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, Byron Murphy, or Simmons is short sighted to say the least. Unfortunately, we're all gonna have to wait for the regular season to see what we have on defense. Of course I have my worries like everyone else.
We don't have to wait to know we have an atrocious defense.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
The defense wasn't atrocious last year and I don't think it will be this year. Hopefully, a few of the young players will improve, such as Lawrence, Allen, Demukege, and Simmons. Also, with Watt returning from injury and Gardeck two years removed from surgery, hoprfully we'll see some improvement there.

Cornerback is the real concern, but I don't think we'll be any worse than last year. I expect Alford to be signed along with another free agent signing or trade.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

...dbs
If you have Kelce on your fantasy team you will probably win your opening game.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Good News, I was sure that we would lose our opener, last year. The Bad News, I was wrong. Speaking as a betting person.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lindsay > Eno?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Edit: NM didnt realize how bad he was last year.

If we didnt draft McBride I would have been in favor of signing him.
He’s been done after he tore his Achilles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose