Final Cuts - Across the NFL

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Cards cut Whitaker, Jackson, Walker and Martin. Surprised by Walker but deepest position.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Considering they released Josh Jackson there has to be something in the works that room has absolutely zero depth… Which started at **** to begin with
Still doesn't make sense. The fact that the CB room is so thin means we are overstacked at another position. Is Andy Isabella still on this team?!?! I mean, they need to cut somewhere else and hold onto CBs. Let one or two of our CBs pull a hammy during the game and watch what happens. Cutting Jackson is just **** GMing. The only thing that makes sense about this is if Jackson was found to have been in the room with Matt Araiza or something.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still doesn't make sense. The fact that the CB room is so thin means we are overstacked at another position. Is Andy Isabella still on this team?!?! I mean, they need to cut somewhere else and hold onto CBs. Let one or two of our CBs pull a hammy during the game and watch what happens. Cutting Jackson is just **** GMing. The only thing that makes sense about this is if Jackson was found to have been in the room with Matt Araiza or something.
The reason they cut him is because they are sure to get someone better then him

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Attachments

• end.png
    end.png
    160 KB · Views: 1

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think they are going to paper over the corner back position with Budda and Simmons playing a slot corner to keep them near the LOS for playmaking / run support. 2 outside corners, Budda, Simmons, Thompson as safeties, Collins & Vigil ILB, and 4 on the line.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moreau is an NFL CB but he's not great he's not a playmaker or ball hawk at all. From UCLA was quite athletic coming out of college 4.35 40 38" vert but I suspect he's lost a step or two if he got cut.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He never had the two steps

his issue at UCLA was playing the ball in the air. I'm blanking on the name but we had a CB like that a long time ago high pick was really good in coverage was always there but when the ball was in the air he just never could make a play on it. Once teams figured that out they just threw at him constantly because they knew he was going to break down with the ball in the air.

Moreau wasn't as bad as that but he was very athletic but he just wasn't a playmaker. But for him to get cut in a CB starved NFL suggests to me he's lost some speed. Guys that run like that are always valuable even on special teams so for him to be cut I gotta believe he's slowed down.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are going to paper over the corner back position with Budda and Simmons playing a slot corner to keep them near the LOS for playmaking / run support. 2 outside corners, Budda, Simmons, Thompson as safeties, Collins & Vigil ILB, and 4 on the line.
Me too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson