Post practice talk. 8/25/22

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So neither our top nor our backup QB will get a single snap in preseason. Great prep, coach dudebro.
I hear you , KC is playing their starter every game !! , looking back in time this Bear Bryant Quote comes to mind , the will to win is never a problem , everyone has that . The will to prepare to win is the hard part !!!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So neither our top nor our backup QB will get a single snap in preseason. Great prep, coach dudebro.

I hear you , KC is playing their starter every game !! , looking back in time this Bear Bryant Quote comes to mind , the will to win is never a problem , everyone has that . The will to prepare to win is the hard part !!!
Both QB's need some snaps in preseason IMO

Hone their game before the lights turn on

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Both QB's need some snaps in preseason IMO

Hone their game before the lights turn on
No doubt. Not a ton of snaps. No need to take too big a risk. But to go into the regular season without seeing one live rep where the other guys are trying to take you down is really dumb.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah but he's dead

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain the same cast of characters on this board were bemoaning Murray's lack of snaps last preseason. Those were some laughably bad takes last year and are even more ridiculous this season.

Preseason reps are only worthwhile to identify end of the roster players. That's it.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Were the players allowed to full-out destroy the opposing QB, or were they partially protected? I assume the former, so if I'm wrong, someone let me know.

Now that opens a can of worms :D
So it doesn't count unless somebody gets cold cocked ?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
KC didn't play starters last night, except for a ceremonial huddle honoring Dawson. Have any Cards legends died recently, do they can roll Murray out there for something similar?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Andy Reid is 64. Sean McVay is 36. Seems coaches closer to McVay's age tend to play starters in the preseason less. Seems coaches closer to Reid's age tend to play starters more. Just a generational difference more than anything.

Probably similar difference to importance level placed on preseason by posters here in relation to age.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No doubt. Not a ton of snaps. No need to take too big a risk. But to go into the regular season without seeing one live rep where the other guys are trying to take you down is really dumb.
Based off of what though?

Hell, I remember this board losing their minds as if we were going to have a 5-12 season cause the offense couldn’t move the ball against the Chiefs in a preseason game. The same game I’m sure people forgot about a week later.