Since other thread is locked the last Watson accuser explains why she won't settle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My name is Lauren Baxley. I am a former massage therapist, having quit the only career I have known in May of this year.

I was forced into quitting for the sake of my health and life; I have not felt safe providing therapy since before June of 2020.

I have rejected all settlement offers, in part because they have not included any sincere acknowledgment of remorse and wrongdoings, nor have they included any promises of rehabilitative treatment. Watson still refuses to admit that he harassed and committed indecent assault against me. Any settlement offer he has made has been a dismissal of his evil actions, and I know that unless there is an authoritative intervention, he will continue his destructive behavior.

Because Watson repeatedly assaulted women, the institutions and individuals who currently uphold and employ him must also be held accountable.

I am just one of dozens of women whose lives have been eternally harmed by his sexual violence. Even one more victim is outrageous.

Sorry didn't want to start a new thread but this just came out today and I think it's imporant to get a viewpoint from someone that's actually a direct victim of this to explain why so many of us are not happy even with 11 games and 5 million dollars.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good on her. I hope through the legal system justice will be found.

Does the NFL settlement exclude any future punishment for existing cases? If for example Watson loses a civil case can the NFL ban him again? Or does the settle cover all known cases no matter what happens in future?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good on her. I hope through the legal system justice will be found.

Does the NFL settlement exclude any future punishment for existing cases? If for example Watson loses a civil case can the NFL ban him again? Or does the settle cover all known cases no matter what happens in future?

I don't think we know that and it's a good point. I do recall seeing that there was some claim Watson has to only use team resources for massages now but I don't see how they can possibly enforce that.

I would say he'd be crazy to continue his behavior as watched as he's going to be, but he was still doing it months after this story first broke, many of the 66 known women were people he contacted after this case first went public. So I get why the woman in this story says he won't stop if he doesn't face consequences, having the case go public and his name in the news didn't stop him at all.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good on her. Hope she gets whatever she can from him.

Another interesting tidbit on the suspension is that a player has to play in at least 6 games or his contract tolls to the next year. Hence, 11 game suspension so he can play in 6 and get his $46 million next year.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Good on her. Hope she gets whatever she can from him.

Another interesting tidbit on the suspension is that a player has to play in at least 6 games or his contract tolls to the next year. Hence, 11 game suspension so he can play in 6 and get his $46 million next year.
Bingo!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think we know that and it's a good point. I do recall seeing that there was some claim Watson has to only use team resources for massages now but I don't see how they can possibly enforce that.

I would say he'd be crazy to continue his behavior as watched as he's going to be, but he was still doing it months after this story first broke, many of the 66 known women were people he contacted after this case first went public. So I get why the woman in this story says he won't stop if he doesn't face consequences, having the case go public and his name in the news didn't stop him at all.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
You are the reason this world is totally screwed. Only wanting to blame one group of people and find fault in them. You disgust me.

If you are incapable of seeing any correlation, that is very sad to me, and a big reason why this country is so screwed up.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not only is this not the forum for this, your basis is incredibly ignorant. Shocking…

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.