Victor dimukeje

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What do we know about this guy? I didnt even know he was on the squad last year. If they could find a diamond in the rough at OLB that would really make me feel better about the hassan reddick disaster.

Also, it seems like people are saying its going to be tough to keep him cuz they drafted sanders and thomas, is that the case? I dont know much about how many of each position are kept on a roster.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I noticed him last year. He got a little playing time and looked pretty stout against the run. He has a nice combination of power with adequate speed.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm holding fire. It was one game against a some poor 2nd and 3rd string players. He did well, but need to see more of it.
This. Remember Chandler Jones had 5 sacks in game one last year and did nothing the rest of the season.

You should not judge any player off of one game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I find the “it’s just one game” comments odd. Just because you weren’t aware of him doesn’t mean other posters haven’t been. I was intrigued when we drafted him last year. He showed more flashes in limited preseason and really limited in-season snaps than did collins last year. What we saw yesterday was just a continuation of what we’ve seen before from dimukeje . . . and unfortunately collins as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The preseason is one of those things that is kinda a can't win. If you look good, you should. If you look bad, it's really bad.

Ultimately, Dimukeje looked like a guy who has used the offseason to get better. He played his game. He is stout and physical up front, has strong hands and he looked like that guy. It isn't everything but it is good to see. Beating bad or fringe NFL players is the first step to beating average NFL players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The preseason is one of those things that is kinda a can't win. If you look good, you should. If you look bad, it's really bad.

Ultimately, Dimukeje looked like a guy who has used the offseason to get better. He played his game. He is stout and physical up front, has strong hands and he looked like that guy. It isn't everything but it is good to see. Beating bad or fringe NFL players is the first step to beating average NFL players.
And if you can beat average NFL players, you're going to get a lot of playing time.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Agree. Preseason is more about showing who can't play than can play.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Duke can continue to stick out in the preseason on a consistent basis

We need some young guys on D that we drafted to step up

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
He's a keeper. He disrupts too much, got that motor the part you can't teach. They better not cut him. He needs to keep working in the weight room, but I say he gets it done. He'll be another 8-10 sack guy if they let him develop.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I watched the game last night and Dimukeje did look good. He made some plays and was around the ball a lot when if came to his side. I tired to watch Hernandez some and it seemed to me he was okay but appeared to end up on the ground quite a few times. Jones on the other hand, still looks ordinary to me. Benjamin showed nothing special especially with the hype he's been getting. Luketa could develop into a nice player given time. I could see him going PS. Collins did not stand out at all.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I watched the game last night and Dimukeje did look good. He made some plays and was around the ball a lot when if came to his side. I tired to watch Hernandez some and it seemed to me he was okay but appeared to end up on the ground quite a few times. Jones on the other hand, still looks ordinary to me. Benjamin showed nothing special especially with the hype he's been getting. Luketa could develop into a nice player given time. I could see him going PS. Collins did not stand out at all.
I hope Luketa can make the roster as a teams player.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah he put 6 pressures in something like 27 snaps, isn't just about sacks
The discussion shouldn't be about Dimukeje making the 53, but about being the new starter
A little premature as a starter but it is nice to see him go from a fringe roster player (end of last year) to a solid depth player. You can just tell he is putting in the work on his own as well as being coachable.

Most often, pass rusher's ceilings are determined by their athletic profile. So, most often, players like Dimukeje top out as a fringe starter. However, players like James Harrison, Terrell Suggs, and Markus Golden have shown there can be exceptions to that rule. We will see.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A little premature as a starter but it is nice to see him go from a fringe roster player (end of last year) to a solid depth player. You can just tell he is putting in the work on his own as well as being coachable.

Most often, pass rusher's ceilings are determined by their athletic profile. So, most often, players like Dimukeje top out as a fringe starter. However, players like James Harrison, Terrell Suggs, and Markus Golden have shown there can be exceptions to that rule. We will see.

Suggs is a reasonable physical comp actually. Both shorter guys with Suggs at 6'3" and Dimu at 6'1.5". I was going to say Dimu's arm length is an issue at 33" but Suggs was only 32" having just looked it up. Similar weights. Similar 40's. Dimu actually better broad, VJ and Bench though.

Suggs a massive outlier as you say though.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suggs is a reasonable physical comp actually. Both shorter guys with Suggs at 6'3" and Dimu at 6'1.5". I was going to say Dimu's arm length is an issue at 33" but Suggs was only 32" having just looked it up. Similar weights. Similar 40's. Dimu actually better broad, VJ and Bench though.

Suggs a massive outlier as you say though.
40 time is overrated for pass rushers
I think is more important broad jump and vertical which indicate being explosive in short area