RD 1 pick of the 2022 draft is Logan Cooley

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Should hopefully be a fun player to watch. Interesting that we went with the sizzle over steak (Wright). I don’t think we could of gone wrong with either of them though.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like Logan is going to play at the University of Minnesota this year and then plans on playing for the Coyotes in one year.

NHL.com analysis: The Coyotes need top-end talent to invigorate an offensive attack that was last in the NHL this season with an average of 2.51 goals per game. Cooley has elite talent and speed, and the confidence to believe he'll be NHL-ready after one season at the University of Minnesota. With Cooley and Dylan Guenther, their first-round pick (No. 6) in the 2021 NHL Draft, as well as Clayton Keller, Nick Schmaltz and Barrett Hayton, the Coyotes are putting together the pieces of a future potent offense.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From ESPN:
How he fits: The Coyotes had their pick of centers Shane Wright and Logan Cooley. They opted for the USA Hockey National Team Development Program product in Cooley, as Wright's plummet continued. In the past, Cooley's 5-10 frame might have been a hindrance. Not in today's NHL. The strong two-way center cites Patrick Kane as an inspiration for his play, but admits he needs some work on his long-range shooting to hit that level of goal-scorer. The Coyotes need ... well, everything. In Cooley they get a player who has more offensive upside than Wright, according to many scouts. He had 75 points in 51 games this season. -- Wyshynski

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more that I read about Cooley, the more I got excited. I never thought Wright would fall to 3 but I'm glad we went with Logan.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The more that I read about Cooley, the more I got excited. I never thought Wright would fall to 3 but I'm glad we went with Logan.

It was nice to be in a ”no lose” situation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave