New Uniforms on the way...

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Check out MB the other day when asked about new uniforms.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s such a tough call. I personally hope they ever so slightly modernize old unis and keep a crazy alternate/color rush. I have no aspirations of seeing a new bird or anything too flashy. Also, white on whites has to be a thing. I’m not even from Arizona and have never been there but I did think the flag on the arm was dope.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
No way they change the logo again. WAY too costly. (It's on every seat in the stadium, you know.)

I've been hoping for more of a traditional take with more modern elements.

Someone put this together...I'd tweak a few things - like a Red mask, modern number font, but it's close:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I would like to see the old school all white uni's and more of the newer black options (would prefer this as our standard dark uni's vs red but pretty sure that won't happen).

With the new helmet design - is that a sign that we will be more innovative with uni's?

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ1

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
No way they change the logo again. WAY too costly. (It's on every seat in the stadium, you know.)

Someone put this together...I'd tweak a few things - like a Red mask, modern number font, but it's close:

im with you

i love the all whites- but would want a far more contemporary look with the right amount of homage to those old unis of the 60s

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Why they giving Dockett's number to Scott Player?

<sarcasm>

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just get rid of the red shoulder pads on the roadies & I can live with any of the choices already mentioned. Love, love, love a return to the all white roadies of the 60’s & 70’s. I agree with Cardsfanmd. All whites, all reds, all blacks. I would prefer the Cardinal logo on the sleeve, but understand the AZ flag there instead.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or have the Cardinals do their own version of the Valley...

Yeah, I'm not opposed to something that associates the team with the area or personalizes the uniforms.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well through out history I knew who the cards were at first glance, those are not maroon - they are Cardinal Red! is how the team was named after buying used maroon jerseys.

i don’t like the black for that reason although they are really cool, I prefer the all whites with only logo on the helmet, especially on natural field, you can see who did what after the game - stains tell a story hehe. Good and bad.

start out fresh, end up stained by grass, dirt, blood and excrement! The mud the blood and the blues. I like card Pitt font best, it’s strong Looking. Is there a competitive advantage ? I think so, like for clarity at high speed, yet you ain’t sneaking upon anybody

Uniforms​

The uniforms of the team during the 1920s — 1950s period were composed of jer-seys and pants executed in red and white, where the red top with white bottom al-ternated with white jerseys and red pants with white side stripes.

Helmets​

Starting the 1920s, the team used various shades of red and white for its helmets. During the time of Chicago Cardinals, the franchise hasn’t started placing the em-blem on the helmets, so the design was pretty simple and minimalist. The only ex-ception was for the period of 1935 — 1936 when the red leather helmet was complemented by small white panels.

Color​

Burgundy is one of the colors, which are timeless in their style, chic and elegance. It represents passion, along with confidence and excellence, evoking a sense of stability and power. In combination with white, it also gives a feeling of loyalty and responsibility.

Font​

The modern serif typeface of the Card-Pitt logotype resembles the AZ College font, with its bold strict lines and traditional geometric cuts. It looks simple yet brutal and strong.

Emblem​

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Something close to this.

I do like the Arizona flag.
yes cards logo had the touch of gold on the beak - be cool to see a patch with the Arizona flag with card logo replacing the star. But our Arizona star is a gold star- not like that stupid Dallas team.

13 original colonies seems weird, as my grandma was older then Arizona, born in lakeside in 1908, statehood Valentine’s Day 1912.

Yes many Spanish were here - never became a separate from European race until after I joined the army in 1981 - meaning was not a race option on my enlistment paperwork then. But I like me some Coronado - mysteries still surround his expedition. Like where they actually got covered in snow and died at! And why the large cross of gold was sent back to him. when they never found large gold.

the North American native plateu revolt agains t the Spanish has cibeque and Seneca mentioned, but that was way before territory or statehood. But interesting if any young Ins want to dive in. I know some secrets but am getting old, unable to go where I once went.

The state flag consists of alternating red and yellow rays that represent the 13 original colonies and the western setting sun. The red and yellow are based on the colors of the Spanish flag that Coronado carried into the region. The bottom half of the flag is the same color blue found in the U. S. flag.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Never underestimate professional designer’s ability to screw up new uniforms. It happened with the Suns in 14’ and the D’Backs in 16’. If you look around every sport there’s a lot of ugly or generic uniforms. That said I’m ready yet cautious.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Other threads for that.
My point and my opinion was that the look of the uni isn't very important to me. Brings me back to my youth. And well before Dunkin Donuts, we had a chain of donut shops called Mayflower Donuts. And they had a sign on their wall which read:
"As you travel on through life brother, no matter what your goal
Keep your eye upon the donut and not upon the hole."