Hollywood Brown Arrested on Criminal Speeding Charges (126 MPH per Trooper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cmon, I was doing 85 on the freeway last month when I was in AZ visiting and was getting literally BLOWN BY by the majority of drivers on the 101.

Big deal. Guy's got a lead foot. WHO CAAAAAAAAAAARES!!!!!!!
Sunday afternoons no less:)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got a criminal speeding ticket using cruise control while driving to NM. Set the cruise to 82 on a 75. Got popped and he said I was going 87. What do you do? Can't argue with a cop, can't realistically fight a ticket out of state.

I guess I was lucky that the fine was only about $100. It felt like a cash grab, since the fine for 9 and less was about $40.

(I know that some different size tires and even PSI can make the speedometer off by a mile or two, but definitely not 5.)
NM uses the interstate highways to prop up their state budget

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To put this in some sort of perspective:

Henry Ruggs was going 127 mph when he made impact with the innocent female and her dog in their vehicle. Which resulted in their vehicle bursting into flames and them being trapped and getting burned alive. Both innocent in every way. Bystanders could here the girl screaming in pain as she burned to death. Speeds like this are just not reasonable ever and will only lead to major issues and fatalities in time. I really hope he learned his lesson. SMH (126)
Quoting and bumping up just for the people that think it’s funny ;)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree. The audacity of that police officer for pulling him over when he was almost going double the speed limit. Obviously the officer was just focused on generating money for his department and not on protecting the community.

Certainly not in this case, but taking my earlier point out of context is hardly clever.

See post 57 and 59.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I used to drive fast pretty often.
Im pretty comfortable at 100mph....sometimes even 115...

But when you hit 120 its feels like the world shifts gears. Car gets hard to handle, too sensitive, reacts to every pebble in the road.
Much less noticeable in a corvette than in a sedan....
But it gets nerve wracking

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I used to drive fast pretty often.
Im pretty comfortable at 100mph....sometimes even 115...

But when you hit 120 its feels like the world shifts gears. Car gets hard to handle, too sensitive, reacts to every pebble in the road.
Much less noticeable in a corvette than in a sedan....
But it gets nerve wracking
Liberty Mutual customizes your car insurance so you only pay for what you need

Attachments

• on fire.jpg
    on fire.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Liberty Biberty.jpg
    Liberty Biberty.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 3

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To put this in some sort of perspective:

Henry Ruggs was going 127 mph when he made impact with the innocent female and her dog in their vehicle. Which resulted in their vehicle bursting into flames and them being trapped and getting burned alive. Both innocent in every way. Bystanders could here the girl screaming in pain as she burned to death. Speeds like this are just not reasonable ever and will only lead to major issues and fatalities in time. I really hope he learned his lesson. SMH (126)

Yeah that's the thing with speeding it often isn't the person speeding that's the concern it's how everyone else on the road reacts to you because you're speeding. People don't necessarily realize you're coming up on them at 126 MPH so they do something that's normally safe and you're going so fast it ends up in an accident.

I'm amazed it took that long for the speed to come out 126 is way too fast to be safe.

We want your speed on the field not on the freeway Hollywood.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let’s see,
So far we have a team comprised of:

LB that doesn’t know his job
LB that we don’t know what to do with
Center who wants to spend time with family
Left tackle who holds out
WR who got caught
WR who is a recovering COVID fog head
WR with a need for speed

I’m worried…

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s see,
So far we have a team comprised of:

LB that doesn’t know his job
LB that we don’t know what to do with
Center who wants to spend time with family
Left tackle who holds out
WR who got caught
WR who is a recovering COVID fog head
WR with a need for speed

I’m worried…
I don't understand why.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
I used to drive for a living and so I used to go by the philosophy that if you get behind those who are going faster, they will get the ticket before you. Those ideas changed when getting pulled over while some speeding cars just passed me, and the cops don't care. They didn't want to hear driving with the flow of traffic excuse when going 15 mph over the limit. So I learned to cool my jets by setting the cruise at 5-7 mph over the limit and drive easy without having to constantly look in the rear view.....

Status
Not open for further replies.