Cardinals sign left tackle D.J. Humphries to a three-year extension!

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So basically saying you weren’t going to utilize your cap money this season..a season where the Super Bowl is in your home stadium. So being not use it soak up a large chunk more of DJs guaranteed money and have contractual control with not much future consequence.

Still hate the move as I don’t see why you don’t go all in this year for a number of reasons including a roster w some serious aging vets; Watt, Hudson, Goldin, Green, Hopkins and Ertz to an extent.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Plenty dumb.. bottom quarter of the league starter. Ranked 26-32 on a number of lists… would have rather seen season play out and make a decision at that point. Make him work his butt off - he’s literally only had 1 good season. Last season he was trash..

Secondly, why not manipulate the cap like all the other teams going for a SuperBowl? Little salary impact this season to get an elite starter at another position of need???

Ya so you’re right Shane.. nothing dumb about this lol to you broseph
Bottom quarter of the league? Whatever, keeping looking at 'ranking' systems by people not employed by the NFL which is why a majority do these ranking systems and still are not employed by the NFL :)

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, he was made his first Pro Bowl last season and did so after having bad 5 games after having covid.

Also, he committed 7 holding penalties last year, 4 is which in the last 5 games post covid. So 3 in the first 11 games. He had 10 total false starts in his last 32 games. He had zero holding penalties in 2020.

He's missed 1 game in the last 3 years.

I'm not sure how you replace that at LT?

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So, he was made his first Pro Bowl and was all-pro last season and did so after having bad 5 games after having covid.

Also, he committed 7 holding penalties last year, 4 is which in the last 5 games post covid. So 3 in the first 11 games. He had 10 total false starts in his last 32 games. He had zero holding penalties in 2020.

He's missed 1 game in the last 3 years.

I'm not sure how you replace that at LT?
He was not All-pro last season.

This is a hole we don’t have to fill going forward. Rejoice!

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You're right. Football Reference said he was for some reason. :shrug:

Either way, as you said, rejoice
…made as an alternate. Pro Bowls are a joke nowadays. All-Pros are what matters. There are multiple list that have him as a bottom half to bottom quarter of the league starter. He’s average at best.

Still we could have been quite creative and picked up an elite starter had we been all in and done this earlier. The only positives I already noted - contractual control of him and for relatively cheap in future years being we are getting rid a bulk of his guaranteed money this year. So if he continues to suck we can cut him and move on by year 3 of this deal.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty dumb.. bottom quarter of the league starter. Ranked 26-32 on a number of lists… would have rather seen season play out and make a decision at that point. Make him work his butt off - he’s literally only had 1 good season. Last season he was trash..

Secondly, why not manipulate the cap like all the other teams going for a SuperBowl? Little salary impact this season to get an elite starter at another position of need???

Ya so you’re right Shane.. nothing dumb about this lol to you broseph
I agreed with you until your 2nd post.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not seeing much common sense as the guy was even arguably the worse LT in the NFC West last year.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
…made as an alternate. Pro Bowls are a joke nowadays. All-Pros are what matters. There are multiple list that have him as a bottom half to bottom quarter of the league starter. He’s average at best.

Still we could have been quite creative and picked up an elite starter had we been all in and done this earlier. The only positives I already noted - contractual control of him and for relatively cheap in future years being we are getting rid a bulk of his guaranteed money this year. So if he continues to suck we can cut him and move on by year 3 of this deal.
How many elite starters are available on the street right now? Can I see your list?