Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talks about Big-12 leadership.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PAC-12 screwed up with past decisions and need to make up from loss of revenue.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the transcript.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UCLA is in a difficult position. It's unlikely they change their mind but they would be welcomed back.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
UCLA is in a difficult position. It's unlikely they change their mind but they would be welcomed back.

It would have been much better for the PAC's survival had the BIG 10 taken Stanford instead of UCLA. The PAC could have added SDSU and Frenso State and it would have been survivable. UCLA could even get a leg up on USC with recruits who valued playing closer to home. Taking both LA schools was a death blow.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have been much better for the PAC's survival had the BIG 10 taken Standford instead of UCLA. The PAC could have added SDSU and Frenso State and it would have been survivable. UCLA could even get a leg up on USC woth recruits who valued playing closer to home. Taking both LA schools was a death blow.
I don't see any way the PAC can say they are a legit power 5 conference a few years from now.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see any way the PAC can say they are a legit power 5 conference a few years from now.
Not with losing both LA schools. You can't be a Pacific Conference and not be in the LA market. Had they lost USC and Stanford they could have salvaged it like the Big 12 did after losing Texas and OU. Losing a national brand like BYU out of your footprint hurts as well. I know a handful of schools were diametrically opposed to adding a religious school and a Mormon one at that, but football is driving the bus. They have a national following and a strong history. If anything it would've gotten the student bodies of places like Berkley protesting and that would be as engaged as they've been in a long time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have been much better for the PAC's survival had the BIG 10 taken Stanford instead of UCLA. The PAC could have added SDSU and Frenso State and it would have been survivable. UCLA could even get a leg up on USC with recruits who valued playing closer to home. Taking both LA schools was a death blow.

I haven't read all the Media Day information from the PAC-12 Commissioner but it sounds like they are going to maintain a presence in Los Angeles. Keeping UCLA would have been nice.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't read all the Media Day information from the PAC-12 Commissioner but it sounds like they are going to maintain a presence in Los Angeles. Keeping UCLA would have been nice.
They could add Occidental College to the PAC.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard Fresno State and San Diego State mentioned by a writer.
I am thinking of who they could add in LA. So they can maintain and LA presence. Long Beach State?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of who they could add in LA. So they can maintain and LA presence. Long Beach State?

Long Beach State would be another one. Keeping a California presence is important.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
PAC 12 needs to go a-poaching if that's how the conferences interact now. Immediately merge with the Big 12 and ACC, and make the third and final superconference. Call it the PACC 30. Transcontinental and huge.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PAC 12 needs to go a-poaching if that's how the conferences interact now. Immediately merge with the Big 12 and ACC, and make the third and final superconference. Call it the PACC 30. Transcontinental and huge.

They should actually merge with the BIG 10 and create two divisions, Midwest and Pacific. Then every year the best team in each division can play for the conference championship in the Rose Bowl.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should actually merge with the BIG 10 and create two divisions, Midwest and Pacific. Then every year the best team in each division can play for the conference championship in the Rose Bowl.
I think 4 divisions would be better. Have a semifinal weekend of the four division winners and then the conference championship. That way the divisions still would have annual games against traditional opponents. Rotate one game each year with the other 3 divisions. It could be Pacific, Midwest, Great Lakes and the Hee Haw divisions.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think 4 divisions would be better. Have a semifinal weekend of the four division winners and then the conference championship. That way the divisions still would have annual games against traditional opponents. Rotate one game each year with the other 3 divisions. It could be Pacific, Midwest, Great Lakes and the Hee Haw divisions.

Sorry. My post was a joke as they would essentially be recreating the BIG 10 and PAC 12 just in the same conference.

I think that's basically what's going to happen. Conferences will essentially become divisions.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry. My post was a joke as they would essentially be recreating the BIG 10 and PAC 12 just in the same conference.

I think that's basically what's going to happen. Conferences will essentially become divisions.
It's the era of corporate mergers in the NCAA. I actually think it isn't all that far fetched.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose