Kyler Murray Contract Extended

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Murray said it himself in that interview last year due to his supposed “cognitive abilities.”
Why is it “supposed”? He is a freaky athlete, so why not believe him when he says stuff like that? Kyler never said that he didn’t watched tape. What he said was that he didn’t obsess over watching tape. Some players HAVE to watch more tape than others to be fully prepared. They may have to do that in order to compensate for not having the athleticism that Murray possesses. Or maybe they lack the cognitive skills that Kyler has. With anything in life, there is always a point of diminished returns. For all the success that Kyler has had in life, I’ll leave it to him & his coaches to determine just how much tape he needs to watch.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
:
-
This is where it started. You simply can’t respond like this as ridiculous as the Burkhardt letter/tweet was:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Absolutely no one on this board should be surprised or unaware of how inept our ownership is. So, it’s inexcusable that many on this board were so willing to believe that this moron addendum was iron clad proof that Murray was somehow not preparing himself.
1--As to the organization being inept, there is no doubt. There never has been, and there never will be, until this clown show is gone.

2--We know KM hasn't properly prepared. He's admitted it, the addendum confirmed it, and Bidwill's clown show in withdrawing it doesn't change things.

3--This doesn't mean KM isn't good, or, as you say, "The best young QB in franchise history." It also doesn't mean he doesn't prepare or work hard. He does. He has to. This just means he hasn't been doing everything he can to prepare, which very much shows.

Stout

Reaction score
Why are you obsessing over what warts you think he has???? His overall skill set is better than any QB in the NFL. Maximize what he does great, and that's a TON, and that will more than compensate for the stuff that he needs to continue to work on. He's 24 years old & needs to continue to mature emotionally. Why is that so bad, especially when you consider he only played 1 year of college. If we had passed on Murray, the Niners would have drafted him. Under Shanihan, they would already have won 2 SB's with Murray. You should kiss the ground you walk on that he's a Cardinal & not a Niner.

Which doesn't equal wins and losses, as he has shown. And the bolded is also very debatable.

And you admit he isn't what he needs to be yet in this post. He needs to maximize what he can do. If he doesn't put enough work in--extra work, obsessive work, the kind of work you need to become great--he'll never be a great QB.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the season to start this is all a distracton. That said, the one game in his career that we KNOW Kyler prepared for the most was the rams playoff loss. we were told over and over how much time he spent preparing for that game.

Not saying that's why he played poorly just saying the people that see that game as proof he doesn't watch film are just starting with an opinion and working backwards because literally everyone in the organization said the exact opposite before that game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1--As to the organization being inept, there is no doubt. There never has been, and there never will be, until this clown show is gone.

2--We know KM hasn't properly prepared. He's admitted it, the addendum confirmed it, and Bidwill's clown show in withdrawing it doesn't change things.

3--This doesn't mean KM isn't good, or, as you say, "The best young QB in franchise history." It also doesn't mean he doesn't prepare or work hard. He does. He has to. This just means he hasn't been doing everything he can to prepare, which very much shows.
#2 is incorrect. KM has never said that he wasn’t properly prepared. Properly prepared doesn’t constitute watching film endless hour after endless hour. I’m not anti film as God knows some QB’s are limited physically or mentally & have to in order to be successful. When a kid like Murray has been as successful at every level like he has, then I trust he knows what he needs to do to win.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Greg Cosell watches lots of film

Murray discussion starts at 6 min mark, goes to 12

very interesting.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Greg Cosell watches lots of film

Murray discussion starts at 6 min mark, goes to 12

very interesting.
The football season needs to start. As always, the talking heads are out there jumping to conclusions even after openly admitting that they really don’t know. You have Tucker saying that he struggled playing with guys that weren’t interested in being prepared. And that was because he was physically limited & had to in order to stay in the NFL. Yet, to a man, every Cardinal teammate has said over & over again that no one is more prepared than Murray is. And after going on and on, Cosell said “I really don’t know” way too many times. I actually came away after listening to Cosell feeling that the real culprit is Kingsbury. Especially in the Rams game. KK was so overmatched in that game. He was thoroughly embarrassed by McVay that day. It wasn’t like Murray was missing open receivers. The play calling was atrocious & our OL play was putrid. And yet, too many people want to point to that game as evidence that somehow it’s Murray that’s not properly prepared. It was KK & his staff that wasn’t prepared that day.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The football season needs to start. As always, the talking heads are out there jumping to conclusions even after openly admitting that they really don’t know. You have Tucker saying that he struggled playing with guys that weren’t interested in being prepared. And that was because he was physically limited & had to in order to stay in the NFL. Yet, to a man, every Cardinal teammate has said over & over again that no one is more prepared than Murray is. And after going on and on, Cosell said “I really don’t know” way too many times. I actually came away after listening to Cosell feeling that the real culprit is Kingsbury. Especially in the Rams game. KK was so overmatched in that game. He was thoroughly embarrassed by McVay that day. It wasn’t like Murray was missing open receivers. The play calling was atrocious & our OL play was putrid. And yet, too many people want to point to that game as evidence that somehow it’s Murray that’s not properly prepared. It was KK & his staff that wasn’t prepared that day.
I wasn't prepared for the worst interception I have ever seen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't prepared for the worst interception I have ever seen.
In hindsight, I guess he should have just taken the safety & gone down 16-0. But, then in having to give them the ball right back after the safety & the way our D was playing, it would have most likely ended up being 23-0 at the half. So, in the bigger scheme of things, I doubt if it mattered a lick. And let's not forget that it was the snap that actually led to that mess.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have to agree with this in this particular game.. yes, Murray was awful - but I ask what QB would have succeeded considering the circumstances in this game? Coach was absolutely embarrassed in every aspect of game prep and play calling. Oline - absolutely dismantled the entire game. No #1 WR.. your best WR option was Kirk - a guy who doesn’t get separation . We saw Mahomes didn’t work in the Super Bowl w far better tools and better coaching vs TB.

Why do we think any QB not named Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers would have faired any better? Honest question.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Best young QB in Cardinal history. And I've been around long enough to say that without any reservation. To argue that is asinine.
This is true and also part of the problem. Kyler has been pampered like this since the Cardinals drafted him. They have treated him like the best QB in franchise history before he even has won a playoff game. Your perspective is exactly what Fitz talked about. Any time there is legit critical Kyler convos your end refute is that he is the best young QB the Cardinals have ever had. The Cardinals didn’t make him earn it which is why they are in this position.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This entire episode is the most Bidwillian Bidwill Bungle ever. MB being petty and vindictive toward the immature, entitled QB was just foolish. What a clown show.

But, it's done and ON TO THE SEASON please!!!!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"There is no such thing as Bad Publicity"

When was the last time the Cardinals have been in the media for pretty much the entire offseason. They have literally dominated the news this offseason. Jerry Jones head must be exploding.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is true and also part of the problem. Kyler has been pampered like this since the Cardinals drafted him. They have treated him like the best QB in franchise history before he even has won a playoff game. Your perspective is exactly what Fitz talked about. Any time there is legit critical Kyler convos your end refute is that he is the best young QB the Cardinals have ever had. The Cardinals didn’t make him earn it which is why they are in this position.
To think he didn't earn is ridiculous. 3-5-8-11 win progression, OROY, 2 pro bowls, all in 3 years is proof enough. Considering he was drafted by the worst team in Cardinal history & doing the above is an excellent accomplishment. IMO, KK is still a questionable NFL HC, and IMO, KM is making him look better than he is. You say that the Cardinals have pampered KM. That may be true, and it may not be true. Considering that you have to go back to Plummer or Lomax to say that we even had a "good" young QB, it wouldn't be a surprise, if in fact, that the Cardinals have treated him as their best young QB in franchise history. He has been.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's obvious that most of these talking heads have no understanding of the history of ineptitude that is the Bidwill family. If any of them have lived through the agony of what I have as a longtime Cardinal fan, they would know this is yet another dumb blunder in a sea of dumb blunders for Michael to even consider putting that nonsense into a contract. Michael can say that he didn't expect the blow back, but it's my understanding, that Keim & KK warned him it would happen. Doesn't take an Einstein to figure that out. But, factoring in we haven't won a championship in almost 80 years, I guess it's too much to expect our owners to be Einsteins. One thing Ian is right about is that no owner will ever be stupid enough to try that again. Many of us on this board are well aware of what we have with the Bidwill ownership. Hopefully, the rest of the football media start to understand too.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
But Michael is difffffferennnnnntttttt!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Reaction score
#2 is incorrect. KM has never said that he wasn’t properly prepared. Properly prepared doesn’t constitute watching film endless hour after endless hour. I’m not anti film as God knows some QB’s are limited physically or mentally & have to in order to be successful. When a kid like Murray has been as successful at every level like he has, then I trust he knows what he needs to do to win.
He didn't have to say it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave