Film study

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the only way to make this entire situation more embarrassing is to remove the clause in the contract in the face of public scrutiny. this entire organization is pathetic. clause never should have been in there in the first place. ineptitude runs deep in this franchise.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your effort. But I personally am not buying this spin. It's bad PR. It has damaged the brand. People will be LESS likely to buy tickets.
Can't be all bad. Kyler spoke for like 4 consecutive minutes. All-time record for him putting words together and getting them out in front of a microphone.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Loved that Rashad Johnson threw shots at the FO. I’m now loving at other former players that threw shots at the FO in the past.

When current players leave this franchise, I hope they throw shots. Clown show & it will not change until they’re gone.
I wish these ex-players would give examples though (other than the team choosing not to restructure PP’s deal during suspension).

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The good thing is now it's out there despite being written and removed. Doesn't matter. This will not go away until the Cards win. Smart by the man in charge. Could be he wants his investment to pay off with a Championship and knows what this team can do if they work hard for it.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
This franchise and qb are a joke. They each brought this mess up with their own actions. Taking out the clause looks even worse - it shows the lack of conviction from both parties. They deserve an other. Top 5 baby in the NFL and bottom 5 organization in the NFL.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And bears **** in the woods. I did try to tell everyone that Bidwill was to blame here. But, again, again, again, too many on this board would prefer to blame our 24 year old QB instead. As long as a Bidwill owns this team, we are doomed.
We get it, you think he's a flawless QB. He's not, but whatever.

Stout

Reaction score
This franchise and qb are a joke. They each brought this mess up with their own actions. Taking out the clause looks even worse - it shows the lack of conviction from both parties. They deserve an other. Top 5 baby in the NFL and bottom 5 organization in the NFL.
Well said.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Face it. He's been the best ATHLETE on every team (baseball & football) that he's been on his whole life. He's never HAD to prepare that hard to be successful. He simply relied on his athleticism and physical skills to get him to where he is today. And now he's got $230.5 million reasons to say "I don't need film study to be me". This contract is ridiculous, and in no way was earned. But the Cards really had no other choice but to give him an extension, did they? And $46.5 million per is the going rate these days. Can't wait to see what a QB like Burrow - you know, a guy who's an actual LEADER of men - gets when he's up for an extension.

Now this old guy will go back sleep. Boomer out!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Face it. He's been the best ATHLETE on every team (baseball & football) that he's been on his whole life. He's never HAD to prepare that hard to be successful. He simply relied on his athleticism and physical skills to get him to where he is today. And now he's got $230.5 million reasons to say "I don't need film study to be me". This contract is ridiculous, and in no way was earned. But the Cards really had no other choice but to give him an extension, did they? And $46.5 million per is the going rate these days. Can't wait to see what a QB like Burrow - you know, a guy who's an actual LEADER of men - gets when he's up for an extension.

Burrow got sacked 70 times last year. Before you anoint him as the next great leader QB, let's see how long his career lasts. The guy's progression is slow & he was blessed with some great receivers who were always open. If the Ravens & Browns don't incur ridiculous injuries like last year, don't be surprised if the Burrow's led Bengals return to the basement of their division.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Loved that Rashad Johnson threw shots at the FO. I’m now loving at other former players that threw shots at the FO in the past.

When current players leave this franchise, I hope they throw shots. Clown show & it will not change until they’re gone.
U must love Peterson too

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep. So Bidwillian. Michael may be a better owner than his father, but that’s not saying much. He’s still clueless as to what it takes to build a consistent winner.
Yes, Michael is a better owner in the sense that he opens up the checkbook unlike his father. That being said, I agree, he seems clueless. I hope he's asked the question as to why the clause was put in the contract? Maybe someone like Kent Somers should ask him this? I wonder if he answers it honestly (if asked) as to who inside the organization told him Kyler doesn't watch much film? Other than what's required to watch in the positional meetings. The New York post article did Kyler no favors for sure & the video game thing Kyler is a part of is also to blame. I would be willing to bet someone inside the facilities told MB what Kyler does & doesn't do. It's anyone's guess at this point as to what really happened & if the truth comes out. I'm just ready for all of this to go away but it won't, especially when he has his first bad game. Maybe this will motivate Kyler to be very prepared & light a serious fire under his arse? That's the best that can truly come out of this imo.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can't be all bad. Kyler spoke for like 4 consecutive minutes. All-time record for him putting words together and getting them out in front of a microphone.
Kyler dodged the question after he spoke as to why the clause was put in the contract in the first place, a reporter actually asked him why was that in the contract to start with? Kyler said "Does anyone have a football question"? Seems like he was attacking the media for asking a simple question. My thing is, why attack the media when him & his agent (now considering firing him) signed the contract? Why not look no further than the Cardinals FO as to why they're being "disrespectful" towards him?

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I recall when an NYT reporter called Murray out on the lack of film study and I quoted the article on the board. There was a small uproar. A few even challenged the veracity of the reporter. Well it’s quite clear now that the Cards believe there is an issue with Murray’s game preparation. Success in the NFL often comes from exploiting the opponent’s tendencies. Game film also provide a great opportunity to analyze one’s own behavior and offers a valuable chance to improve. Murray can either take this as a personal affront or realize this is simply an attempt to get him to focus on an opportunity to step forward. Hopefully he chooses to view it as the latter.
I believe the entirety of the sports world learned of the problem with KM’s game preparation (or lack there of) while watching the LA playoff debacle. Speaking of that, the Cards should have inserted something similar into KK’s extension because it sure appeared he neglected to actually game plan for that drubbing. I know those two are certainly capable of good things, but I can’t shake the feeling that this whole scene is headed for nothing but a complete meltdown. I hope I’m wrong.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I believe the entirety of the sports world learned of the problem with KM’s game preparation (or lack there of) while watching the LA playoff debacle. Speaking of that, the Cards should have inserted something similar into KK’s extension because it sure appeared he neglected to actually game plan for that drubbing. I know those two are certainly capable of good things, but I can’t shake the feeling that this whole scene is headed for nothing but a complete meltdown. I hope I’m wrong.
I can tell you one thing KK should've done last season as soon as Hopkins went down. Start slowly teaching R. Moore the complete route tree. I know this kid has the talent & he can make defenders miss. I hope they teach him the route tree this year like they said they would. You're so right on Kyler not being ready, he **** his pants every time Donald got near him, rather than know where the hot routes were when the Rams did this & that in whatever defense.

Stout

Reaction score
Kyler dodged the question after he spoke as to why the clause was put in the contract in the first place, a reporter actually asked him why was that in the contract to start with? Kyler said "Does anyone have a football question"? Seems like he was attacking the media for asking a simple question. My thing is, why attack the media when him & his agent (now considering firing him) signed the contract? Why not look no further than the Cardinals FO as to why they're being "disrespectful" towards him?
Yeah, thinking about it, he didn't do well in that spot. No doubt that T-shirt was a purposeful jab. He could have been a lot more mature in how he handled it. Still like the size joke, though. That was savvy.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No matter which side of this you sit on there has to be some kernel of truth about Murray's study habits. Despite the fact that Bidwill is now blamed for this as protecting his investment, if you were Keim and Klingsbury and you had completed unfailing faith in Murray and his study habits, one would think that they would argue vehemently not to place such a clause as it would not be productive nor positive in any way. If you were Murray's agent you would never accept such a clause because of the potential damage it could cause to your client. All parties involved had to know the contract would end up public due to it's size and for a player who has yet to live up to the amount being paid to him and who had created controversy earlier with his actions on social media. The old saying of where there is smoke there is fire holds true here because the room has a smoky haze in it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose