The Durant Sweepstakes

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually don't think that deal is to bad for us.

Getting Bogdanovich with KD makes it much more palatable.

But no way do I think a 5 team trade is happening
I know you like him but I'm not at all enthused by his inclusion.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So this is Mikal, Payne, Shamet, Dario, Crowder and 5 1st round picks?

That’s way to much.

Really? Not sure why but I feel like we would be making out on this. KD and Bogdanovich seems like good pieces to get back. Maybe its cause I am not a fan of Payne, Shamet, Saric and Crowder.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually don't think that deal is to bad for us.

Getting Bogdanovich with KD makes it much more palatable.

But no way do I think a 5 team trade is happening

Jordan Clarkson might help the Suns more than Bogdanovich. They need to get another ball handler from somewhere.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I love you Mikal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Question..

IF we land KD.. Do we become villains? KD is sort of a villain in the league and wonder of he brings that with him.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question..

IF we land KD.. Do we become a villains? KD is sort of a villain in the league and wonder of he brings that with him.
Fair question if we were any other franchise. But with Sarver in charge, I don't think we need to worry too much about tarnishing our reputation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question..

IF we land KD.. Do we become a villains? KD is sort of a villain in the league and wonder of he brings that with him.

Yes. We are the bad team with Paul, Booker, Durant and Ayton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bleacher Report’s hypothetical deal:

You must be registered for see images attach

So for the suns it’s:

Bridges
Crowder
Payne
Dario
Shamet
4 firsts

For

Durant
Bogdanvich

I do that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird as he’s a really effective offensive player.
He is a horrible rebounder considering he spends a lot of time at the 4 and their team defense takes a hit when he's in the game. As a 7th or 8th man, he's okay but he's an old 33 (18 years as a pro plus international play since he was in his middle teens), he assists at the same rate he turns the ball over and gives you nothing in the steals or blocks categories.

And while a TS% of .599 is good, it's not good enough to make up for everything else. Oh, and he's making 19.3 M this year. The best thing I can say about him is that he appears to be clutch (to the eye, haven't seen stats on that). I wouldn't mind having him on the roster, on the cheap, but, like I said, as an incentive to make a trade, I'm not at all enthused by his inclusion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get why you would do that, but how do you fill out the rest of the roster?

I'm not a fan of the trade as structured but in the hypothetical trade the Suns would probably add more veteran minimum contracts plus they have the MLE.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

With Shamet and Payne gone we would be hurting bad for ball handlers I wished we kept Holiday

I would be thrilled to sign Shroeder

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm kinda ambivalent about this whole thing. Last years team was an excellent team. Not sure what happened against Dallas but the age of the core means it has room to grow. I get that Durant has been a top three talent, but I am not sure about blowing everything up to get him.

It might be great but I hate to give all that up.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Basically you sign Dennis Shroeder and the best G-leaguers and international players you can.

But if we have a lineup of
Ayton
Bogdanovich
KD
Booker
CP3

With our backups as
Cam Johnson
Biz
Craig
Lee
Schroeder

Okogie
Landale
Wainright

That is only 2 spots to fill and that looks like a really good team if we can stay mostly healthy

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He is a horrible rebounder considering he spends a lot of time at the 4 and their team defense takes a hit when he's in the game. As a 7th or 8th man, he's okay but he's an old 33 (18 years as a pro plus international play since he was in his middle teens), he assists at the same rate he turns the ball over and gives you nothing in the steals or blocks categories.

And while a TS% of .599 is good, it's not good enough to make up for everything else. Oh, and he's making 19.3 M this year. The best thing I can say about him is that he appears to be clutch (to the eye, haven't seen stats on that). I wouldn't mind having him on the roster, on the cheap, but, like I said, as an incentive to make a trade, I'm not at all enthused by his inclusion.
Well the incentive is KD, but we all know your thoughts there. This makes it sweeter, particularly as we don’t lose cam Johnson. To me it’s upgrading an enormous amount from bridges to KD, keeping relatively equal with crowder to bojan (get more offensively and give more defensively), so you’re paying with a Dario, Payne shamet and firsts for the enormous KD upgrade.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The suns have consistently said they aren’t gutting the team. What from that trade ISN’T gutting the team?