One Quote Worries Me

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Murray said, “Play good, they love you. Play bad, they hate you.” I don’t like the choice of the word “hate.” There may be a couple of extremists that feel like that but most just take issue with aspects of his play. He does things at times I don’t like, but I don’t “hate” him. Frankly I don’t know him well enough to feel that strongly. He’s simply the latest in a long line of QBs that has contained too few successes. The jury is still out on whether he will be a major success. No one questions his athleticism. He just needs to grow as a QB. He’s picked a profession where criticism is part of the gig. He needs to accept that and let go. Even great QBs, like Warner, suffer it. Murray just received substantial compensation for that criticism. He needs to focus on realizing he can get better. Otherwise, he’ll never learn to enjoy what he does for a living. He’ll never be universally loved, but he can become much more popular by better play.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Less worried if this quote than than Keim and Kliff had to go talk to Kyler’s parents at the start of the offseason to tell them what Kyler needs to work on.

I hope I heard that part wrong.

Maybe Kyler will start living here full-time now that he’s the face of the franchise and everything.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Less worried if this quote than than Keim and Kliff had to go talk to Kyler’s parents at the start of the offseason to tell them what Kyler needs to work on.

Maybe Kyler will start living here full-time now that he’s the face of the franchise and everything.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

seriously??? I never heard that. That’s really concerning if true.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was happy to hear Warner say that Murray is perhaps the most talented QB in the NFL. No matter what areas he needs to improve on, you can never minimize talent. For the first time in my almost 60 years watching this team, our QB is the reason why we have a chance to win every time we hit the field. Now, we obviously can’t do that. But, talent is a difference maker. And we now have a difference maker for the next 7 years.

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Murray said, “Play good, they love you. Play bad, they hate you.” I don’t like the choice of the word “hate.” There may be a couple of extremists that feel like that but most just take issue with aspects of his play. He does things at times I don’t like, but I don’t “hate” him. Frankly I don’t know him well enough to feel that strongly. He’s simply the latest in a long line of QBs that has contained too few successes. The jury is still out on whether he will be a major success. No one questions his athleticism. He just needs to grow as a QB. He’s picked a profession where criticism is part of the gig. He needs to accept that and let go. Even great QBs, like Warner, suffer it. Murray just received substantial compensation for that criticism. He needs to focus on realizing he can get better. Otherwise, he’ll never learn to enjoy what he does for a living. He’ll never be universally loved, but he can become much more popular by better play.
Harry, how many quotes didn't worry you? Or how many did you like? Just curious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The word "hate" is used far too often these days instead of criticism.

They are almost synonymous with the younger generation.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The word "hate" is used far too often these days instead of criticism.

They are almost synonymous with the younger generation.
As the user said go watch in the social networks, in several cases ls not criticism, it is pure hate, not just for football but for everything
I guess u can talk about a recipe to make a mud cake and someone can find a way to attack u in a bad way
Some people are frustrated and act like this with no particular reasons

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the user said go watch in the social networks, is not criticism is pure hate, not just for football but for everything
I guess u can talk about a recipe to make a mud cake and someone can find a way to show sine hate
Some people are frustrated and act like this with no particular reasons

People throw the word "hate" around a lot. I'm not sure a lot of it isn't because they are anonymous and they want to get attention. Real hate usually requires a good reason.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Keim mentioned it before the open questions. Wild.
I only heard when he said they went to Texas to meet and speak with his parents/family. I don't recall anything about telling them was KM needs to work on. They just said it was a good meeting.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Never said it like that. He thanked them before taking questions and then just mentions having a great meeting with them and understanding expectations on both sides...Nothing about what Kyler needs to work on.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Never said it like that. He thanked them before taking questions and then just mentions having a great meeting with them and understanding expectations on both sides...Nothing about what Kyler needs to work on.
That is a positive spin to your bosses coming to talk to your parents about your career, I guess.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Kevin Murray is Kyler's de facto offseason (in-season?) QB coach

not quite a Marinovich-level dance parent, but still

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I only heard when he said they went to Texas to meet and speak with his parents/family. I don't recall anything about telling them was KM needs to work on. They just said it was a good meeting.
Because that’s all they said. K9 is just putting the most negative spin on it that he could muster up.