The Durant Sweepstakes

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i wonder if Sarver willing to pay extreme luxury tax cuz then he could get credited for championship even if he is forced to sell soon and wouldnt even have to pay the tax himself? Interesting. Makes the team more marketable too when youre running out a championship favorite

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
None, really. Twitter people have too much time on their hands and decided to create something from nothing.

Originally he was supposed to land in Teterboro, NJ and now he'll land in Farmingdale, NY. Some people on Twitter want to say this means a KD is going down soon and that's why he's there but that ignores how close the airports are and why Sarver is there. They just want to say he is now landing closer to Brooklyn so that means KD to the Suns is imminent.

They ignore that the new airport is further from Brooklyn than the original.

Here's a map...

Purple Dot is where he was supposed to land
Orange dot is where he's set to land now
Green dot is Brooklyn

You must be registered for see images attach

Of course all reference to He or Sarver is actually to his private plane. I don't believe it's been confirmed he's even a passenger right now.

The driving instructions were added by the map I pulled up. It takes 1h56m to drive from the Teterboro airport to the Republic Airport and then to Brooklyn.
wow. analysis. map. annotations. drive time.
talk about, "who cares?"

Last edited:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When Sarvers helicopter lands on top of Barclays center then I will start to care

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Funny how this was said when we originally acquired CP. that didn’t age well.
has he lasted a whole season and the playoffs? have we won a championship? sounds like its not to funny. and some people may have been correct. seeing how close we were last year and watching him mail it in the last few games seems like he lost his motivation for a ring.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
has he lasted a whole season and the playoffs? have we won a championship? sounds like its not to funny. and some people may have been correct. seeing how close we were last year and watching him mail it in the last few games seems like he lost his motivation for a ring.
We've certainly done better than anyone even dreamed we would. Finals appearance in his first year and league lead in wins in his 2nd year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I question anyones bball IQ that still questions the Paul acquisition. We went from a decade of no playoffs to the Finals IN THE FIRST YEAR of Paul (and missed best record in regular season by a single game). And followed that up with a historic regular season that entered the playoffs as heavy favorites for the title. That we came up short in the FINALS one year and the playoffs the next year doesn’t negate the unreal impact Paul’s acquisition has on this franchise.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I question anyones bball IQ that still questions the Paul acquisition. We went from a decade of no playoffs to the Finals IN THE FIRST YEAR of Paul (and missed best record in regular season by a single game). And followed that up with a historic regular season that entered the playoffs as heavy favorites for the title. That we came up short in the FINALS one year and the playoffs the next year doesn’t negate the unreal impact Paul’s acquisition has on this franchise.
No. It was a deal that should have been made. But that doesn't mean the concerns many of us had at the time weren't valid. He did breakdown in the playoffs. So, I am willing to admit I was 86.323% wrong.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Back to the Durant discussion. Situation assessment.

KD wants to be in Phoenix. He wants to play with Book (no mention of Cp3, but I assume he like Chris too).
No other teams are even trying to make a deal outside of maybe Miami.
The Nets options are to make a deal with Phoenix or try to re-invent the KD/Kyrie roster.
It seems to me that the KD in NJ situation can't continue. Too much water under the bridge with team and fans.
Nets have been in this situation before--on both sides with the James Harden trades.
It's a waiting game to see which team gives in first. IMO, the Suns can afford to wait more than the Nets can.
The Harden from Houston to Nets trade will probably be the type of framework if this trade happens.

Bottom line. Phoenix is the only suitor and I do not think KD can stay in Brooklyn.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No. It was a deal that should have been made. But that doesn't mean the concerns many of us had at the time weren't valid. He did breakdown in the playoffs. So, I am willing to admit I was 86.323% wrong.
Oh I completely understood everyone’s concerns prior to the trade. I disagreed with a lot of them, but they were valid pre-trade. But post-trade? With a 75% winning percentage (average 61 wins pace) over two years and a run to the finals? No. That’s not a tenable position. That said, 86.323%seems low. I’d argue at least 88.7829%

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KD wants to be in Phoenix. He wants to play with Book (no mention of Cp3, but I assume he like Chris too).
The Nets options are to make a deal with Phoenix or try to re-invent the KD/Kyrie roster.
It seems to me that the KD in NJ situation can't continue. Too much water under the bridge with team and fans.
Nets have been in this situation before--on both sides with the James Harden trades.
It's a waiting game to see which team gives in first. IMO, the Suns can afford to wait more than the Nets can.
The Harden from Houston to Nets trade will probably be the type of framework if this trade happens.

Bottom line. Phoenix is the only suitor and I do not think KD can stay in Brooklyn.
Phoenix isn't the only one calling. I mean there are stories all over the place with the Nets demanding ridiculous trade packages in return from other teams. The Nets are going to keep fielding calls and demanding a ridiculous price as long as they can. The Nets don't owe Durant a thing and are probably convinced that if another good team calls they can convince him to play there. It's a giant game of chicken right now. Sooner or later the Suns have to move on if this keeps up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't rely on betting odds but the Suns are behind the Raptors in acquiring Durant according to the below.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't rely on betting odds but the Suns are behind the Raptors in acquiring Durant according to the below.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Ha! I doubt KD wants to go to Canada. They should trade Kyrie to Canada! After his vaccination deal, they will probably arrest him at the border, throw him in solitary confinement and lose the key!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I doubt KD wants to go to Canada. They should trade Kyrie to Canada! After his vaccination deal, they will probably arrest him at the border, throw him in solitary confinement and lose the key!

Durant probably would not want to go there, but the Raptors are a well run organization. They got a champonship out of Kawhi Leonard the one season he was there.

I'd never underestimate what they would do.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptors appear to be out. Nets are demanding Barnes be part of a trade. Raptors refuse.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Okay, so, when did he quit? In game one? Where he shot 9 for 24, turned the ball over 6 times and was tied for a team worst -13 in a game they only lost by 1 point? Or was it game 2 when he shot 4 for 17, turned the ball over 6 times and was a team worst -10 in a 7 point loss? In game 4 he shot 13 for 31 but watching him play, I'd say his final 2 games were his least bad games. So it looks to me that, if he quit, it must have been before the series started and that he "un-quit" for the series close out.

And I don't "hold the series against him", I'm just concerned about it. We're talking about a player who has only played 90 games over the past three seasons. I understand that it might have just been a fluke and that Durant could well return to form when he's out of that mess. But when it comes to excusing a player or team for quitting there's a huge difference between doing it by running it back after the Dallas debacle versus gambling 194 Million, all available picks, Bridges and Cam Johnson.
I only watched the first quarter of game 1 and he was horrible.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only watched the first quarter of game 1 and he was horrible.
Yeah he was pretty bad in games 3 and 4 but he was horrible in games 1 and 2. Other than his ability to draw fouls he just didn't seem like the same player in any aspect of the game. I don't think Nash did him any favors though, he logged far too many minutes in those 4 games. He averaged almost 44 minutes per.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The Raptors appear to be out. Nets are demanding Barnes be part of a trade. Raptors refuse.

How about that 2 stars and 4 first rounders?

The longer this lasts, the lower the asking price goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose