The Durant Sweepstakes

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well if we're smart we don't have to force Dario into a backup Center role. I like the idea of him at the very least being a backup stretch 4. With Cam J being a big 3 behind Mikal.
I don't think it is a matter of forcing. He is useful in that role in certain matchups, especially against opposing bench players. I see him as a back up 4/5 depending on match ups.

I know he is coming back from surgery, but Saric has been a very effective player for us. His range, passing, and smart d are really exceptional. He also battles
underneath the hoop.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has a love hate relationship with the Suns in the playoffs because of how I react at home dropping an F bomb now and then when things go south. She can see how it stresses me out.

In the playoffs I'd get stressed before and after games. Often I had trouble sleeping. The further the Suns advanced the more the stress.

Sometimes I asked myself if it was worth it. I'm the type of person that can watch the players practice and be happy.

Scouting players for their potential has always been a source of joy.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Durant is not going to be coming to phx, we simply dont have what it will take to get him here. I don't think Paul has enough in the tank to last another season plus playoffs to get us to a title. our window has closed unless we can aquirre another competent point guard to run the offense.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Durant is not going to be coming to phx, we simply dont have what it will take to get him here. I don't think Paul has enough in the tank to last another season plus playoffs to get us to a title. our window has closed unless we can aquirre another competent point guard to run the offense.
Funny how this was said when we originally acquired CP. that didn’t age well.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do you think the odds are of us winning a title if we acquire Durant?

It will depend on what we have to give up and how motivated Ayton is.

If Ayton comes out ready to show he is worth the money and if we can keep Bridges out of the trade... I think we'd be the heavy favorites.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will depend on what we have to give up and how motivated Ayton is.

If Ayton comes out ready to show he is worth the money and if we can keep Bridges out of the trade... I think we'd be the heavy favorites.
I think we’re overwhelming favorites even with Bridges in the deal if Ayton is at least as motivated as he was this year/last year.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
ok, here's some choices:

1. we win the championship with Durant this year,
but 10 years like Booker's first 4 must follow. Y or N

2. we win 2 more games last year and the championship,
but must never have had the Nash playoff years. Y or N

3. we win 2 more games last year and the championship,
but must never have had the Barkley playoff years. Y or N

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ok, here's some choices:

1. we win the championship with Durant this year,
but 10 years like Booker's first 4 must follow. Y or N

2. we win 2 more games last year and the championship,
but must never have had the Nash playoff years. Y or N

3. we win 2 more games last year and the championship,
but must never have had the Barkley playoff years. Y or N

Who cares? We can't the change the past. The Nash and Barkley years happened and can't be erased for anything. Ultimately they didn't matter all that much since they didn't win a championship during either run.

I'd rather not see Booker lumped in with them as far as looking back in 10-15-20 years and wondering how the Booker years would have been if they went all out and made the KD trade. Ultimately that's the deal that sets this team up best to compete for a title.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You knew we’d have a plane tracker at some point

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You knew we’d have a plane tracker at some point

Tweets supposedly tracking Robert Sarver's plane has been going on for days if not longer. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tweets supposedly tracking Robert Sarver's plane has been going on for days if not longer. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I can tell you what to make of it. People on Twitter have too much time on their hands. Nothing more, nothing less.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s see if Flex can give us some vague comments that straddle both sides of the fence.

"Look folks, I'm not gunna say exactly where, at least not right now, but I promise you that soon, very soon, within a day in fact, Robert Sarver's plane WILL land."

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dumb question: What's the significance of his plane being diverted?

None, really. Twitter people have too much time on their hands and decided to create something from nothing.

Originally he was supposed to land in Teterboro, NJ and now he'll land in Farmingdale, NY. Some people on Twitter want to say this means a KD is going down soon and that's why he's there but that ignores how close the airports are and why Sarver is there. They just want to say he is now landing closer to Brooklyn so that means KD to the Suns is imminent.

They ignore that the new airport is further from Brooklyn than the original.

Here's a map...

Purple Dot is where he was supposed to land
Orange dot is where he's set to land now
Green dot is Brooklyn

You must be registered for see images attach

Of course all reference to He or Sarver is actually to his private plane. I don't believe it's been confirmed he's even a passenger right now.

The driving instructions were added by the map I pulled up. It takes 1h56m to drive from the Teterboro airport to the Republic Airport and then to Brooklyn.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None, really. Twitter people have too much time on their hands and decided to create something from nothing.

Originally he was supposed to land in Teterboro, NJ and now he'll land in Farmingdale, NY. Some people on Twitter want to say this means a KD is going down soon and that's why he's there but that ignores how close the airports are and why Sarver is there. They just want to say he is now landing closer to Brooklyn so that means KD to the Suns is imminent.

They ignore that the new airport is further from Brooklyn than the original.

Here's a map...

Purple Dot is where he was supposed to land
Orange dot is where he's set to land now
Green dot is Brooklyn

You must be registered for see images attach

Of course all reference to He or Sarver is actually to his private plane. I don't believe it's been confirmed he's even a passenger right now.

The driving instructions were added by the map I pulled up. It takes 1h56m to drive from the Teterboro airport to the Republic Airport and then to Brooklyn.

But did you check via train? Sarver seems like a people's man. I can see him riding the subway.

Also, he could have bailed out of his plane over the upper bay and parachuted into Brooklyn!

Also, on a more serious note, I really doubt Durant lives in Brooklyn in the first place. If he is even in New York right now, I bet he lives in Manhattan.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we’re overwhelming favorites even with Bridges in the deal if Ayton is at least as motivated as he was this year/last year.

I am really concerned that Ayton will phone it in, or worse, that brow beating from Paul and Monty will have him playing depressed.

I do think he is an affable guy and isn't the type of person to deliberately be toxic, but we've already seen him struggle with motivation and we've seen his self confidence come and go.

I hope that the team makes a real effort to get him involved out the gate. He needs some babying and TLC more than tough love. Convince him he is great... and maybe he will be.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am really concerned that Ayton will phone it in, or worse, that brow beating from Paul and Monty will have him playing depressed.

I do think he is an affable guy and isn't the type of person to deliberately be toxic, but we've already seen him struggle with motivation and we've seen his self confidence come and go.

I hope that the team makes a real effort to get him involved out the gate. He needs some babying and TLC more than tough love. Convince him he is great... and maybe he will be.
I agree if the intention is to keep Ayton, then we have to let him expand his game, even if at first it is suboptimal for the team.

We pretty much need to make him the number 2 option - at least until KD is here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree if the intention is to keep Ayton, then we have to let him expand his game, even if at first it is suboptimal for the team.

We pretty much need to make him the number 2 option - at least until KD is here.

I think expanding Ayton's game is not only the best for him but the Suns as well. If nothing else it should increase his trade value later on.

As we saw last season, setting a franchise record for wins did not translate in the playoffs. The Suns might want to set their goal as peaking for the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson