TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Have fun with this

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Of course, McFadden also being an Ex-Card himself is getting a kick out of putting some salt on Pat P's wounded ego and interjecting that :)

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
PP21 got caught cheating, and sucked ever since. Drama queen.

HE shouldnt be concerned with his former employer, rather not getting cut in camp

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
PP21 got caught cheating, and sucked ever since. Drama queen.

HE shouldnt be concerned with his former employer, rather not getting cut in camp
Yes, Peterson got caught for substance abuse violation. Yes, he was never the physical CB as his size allowed him to be in run support. Yes, he was less effective in Vance Joseph defenses.

He was also pretty good in Minnesota last year. He was pretty damn good in AZ for almost his entire career. He tolerated the dysfunction in AZ as well as can be expected. Because of the roster decisions he was elevated into a leadership role on the team that he probably should never have been. Don't blame him for that.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is what is really funny and no one has talked about in here that I can tell.

In 2021, in Mike Zimmer's defense
You must be registered for see images attach

Lowest comp% in the past 4 seasons, lowest QB rating against in the past 4 seasons, lowest yards per comp, 2nd lowest yards allowed, and second highest targets. Maybe the issue wasn't ENTIRELY Patrick Peterson.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is what is really funny and no one has talked about in here that I can tell.

In 2021, in Mike Zimmer's defense
You must be registered for see images attach

Lowest comp% in the past 4 seasons, lowest QB rating against in the past 4 seasons, lowest yards per comp, 2nd lowest yards allowed, and second highest targets. Maybe the issue wasn't ENTIRELY Patrick Peterson.
I can’t speak for anyone else but my issues with Pat P had nothing to do with his play. He’s a 1st ballot HOF and one of the best players in franchise history, regardless of the PED.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, Peterson got caught for substance abuse violation. Yes, he was never the physical CB as his size allowed him to be in run support. Yes, he was less effective in Vance Joseph defenses.

He was also pretty good in Minnesota last year. He was pretty damn good in AZ for almost his entire career. He tolerated the dysfunction in AZ as well as can be expected. Because of the roster decisions he was elevated into a leadership role on the team that he probably should never have been. Don't blame him for that.
To the contrary Peterson showed his azz and they let him leave. He was nothing but a distraction

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I believe Peterson was massively overrated until 2015. I believe he actually lived up to his billing from 2015 to 2018. Otherwise, I have no problems with him anymore.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree with everything but the last part. When you are drafted what, #5 overall... you are expected to be a leader.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree with everything but the last part. When you are drafted what, #5 overall... you are expected to be a leader.
We can disagree. CBs and WRs (island players) are generally not great leaders due to the nature of their positions. They are far away from the ball for the most part, only get a handful of opportunities in relation to their snaps, and have to a different mentality because it is more of a one-on-one matchup than other positions. That is why they get the diva label and live up to it in most circumstances.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sadly I think most of the hate initiates from Peterson's comments.
I pick on Peterson but for the most part he's the norm of being a diva for a high-profile position as Chopper has accurately surmised. I will still always be thankful for his years as a Cardinal being the closest one can get to being a shutdown corner in the modern age