The Durant Sweepstakes

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we were willing to give up bridges and four first round pics for Durant I think the trade would’ve already happened.

We are waiting them out. I don’t think Bridges is going anywhere.
I think the hold up is we don't want give up both Cam and Bridges, and the Nets are just waiting and hoping for a better offer, because why not they have a couple months before the season starts.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This report seems to confirm local radio reports there...."Suns haven’t even scratched the surface of meeting Brooklyn’s asking price."

Since we do not know what the Suns are offering it is hard to even comment on this.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we do not know what the Suns are offering it is hard to even comment on this.
All we need to know is that’s whatever we are offering isn’t close to enough according to multiple reports. Doesn’t sound like any other team is either.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I know Flex has always maintained a trade for Durant was separate from an Ayton signing and it is to a degree because of the hard cap it would have imposed upon the Nets.

However, if the Suns had done a sign-and-trade with Ayton and received first round picks in return, those picks could have been used in a trade for Durant. So in this respect, the Suns have less assets to offer.

That's exactly right. From the beginning of the KD thing, I thought that the Suns would lose two out of three players- Bridges, Ayton, Johnson. In my mind, it was going to be Ayton (whatever the Suns got for him and re-routed to the Nets) and one of the two wings. Suns no longer have that ambiguous "whatever they get for Ayton" in their arsenal. However, they are also not going to have a gaping hole at the Center spot. So, it's a bad thing and a good thing all at the same time. At this point, I am convinced that Bridges is going to go to the Nets, and most likely Cam would go as well. There is just nothing else of value that the Suns have. Everything else is expiring or non-guaranteed contracts and first-round picks, which will be largely useless since the Suns are not going to be a lottery team even once CP3 ages out of the league completely and KD deteriorates with age. Suns can help teams shed some salaries since they have a lot of expiring and non-guaranteed contracts to trade, but outside of that, there is zero value outside of Bridges and Johnson (excluding the non-tradables such as Booker, Ayton, and Paul.)

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bridges is just a glorified role-player who disappeared when it counts. He brings good defense, reliability, and defense yes but when he’s on the floor he cannot create his own shot and is not a reliable shooter. KD is a game changer and could bring this team a championship. You have to pull the trigger with Bridges in the trade.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges is just a glorified role-player who disappeared when it counts. He brings good defense, reliability, and defense yes but when he’s on the floor he cannot create his own shot and is not a reliable shooter. KD is a game changer and could bring this team a championship. You have to pull the trigger with Bridges in the trade.
I mean I guess I agree, but I really don't want to lose Mikal because he is my favorite player.

I don't think Mikal is done improving, and I think you are being to dismissive of his potential.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All we need to know is that’s whatever we are offering isn’t close to enough according to multiple reports. Doesn’t sound like any other team is either.
Their aren't because as everyone keeps pointing out he is 34, and he's great, but not great enough to win by himself so no team is going to meet the Nets demands by completely gutting themselves.

So it comes down to do the Nets decide to play hardball and try and make KD play for them, or just take the best offer they can get, because they will not get what they are asking for.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's no longer where Durant might go, but if he is going to be traded. It's Nets or Phoenix.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its up to KD now. He needs to walk into the office and take a steamer on the desk of the guy who makes the calls over there.
Being a fan of Arizona sports it seems every time we have a star who wants out the media and player makes a huge mess of the situation but then else where most of the time its a nice quiet situation.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seems that once the Suns matched for Ayton, it meant they were finally ok giving up both Bridges and Johnson.
no. it meant they were finally ok giving up on Durant.

we're not giving up Bridges and Johnson and 4 picks for Durant. Book it.

being right is becoming a lonely position to be in on this forum

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean I guess I agree, but I really don't want to lose Mikal because he is my favorite player.

I don't think Mikal is done improving, and I think you are being to dismissive of his potential.
He’s not that young.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's no longer where Durant might go, but if he is going to be traded. It's Nets or Phoenix.

Which is why we should offer them Cam Johnson, cap filler and a boat load of draft picks.

They're not getting a better offer, they are running a real risk of Durant making it ugly. If it does get ugly then the Suns should pull Cam from the offer.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is an undervaluation of Bridges. However, that does not mean you don't trade him. I just would not trade both Mikal and CamJ. I am fine with one or the other.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None.

Those guys have zero first round pick value.

Remember when we traded Vinny Del Negro and Jud Buechler and got Bo Outlaw and our 1st round pick back from Orlando that ended up being Amare Stoudemire? Low key top 5 Suns trade of all time, maybe even top 3.

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Suns acquired forward Bo Outlaw and a first-round draft pick from the Orlando Magic on Friday in a three-team deal also involving the Los Angeles Clippers.

The Suns, who also got an unspecified amount of cash from Orlando, sent Jud Buechler to the Magic and Vinny Del Negro to the Clippers. Orlando also gave cash to Los Angeles and acquired an option to swap second-round picks with the Clippers in the 2005 draft.

The first-round draft pick, with the year unspecified, is the remaining selection that Phoenix sent to Orlando as part of the sign-and-trade deal to acquire Penny Hardaway in 1999.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which is why we should offer them Cam Johnson, cap filler and a boat load of draft picks.

They're not getting a better offer, they are running a real risk of Durant making it ugly. If it does get ugly then the Suns should pull Cam from the offer.
I just don't think Durant is the type of player to make it ugly. Still, unless you are competing for a championship (in which case you will overlook a lot) you really want your best player to WANT to play on your team. I am thinking that the Nets are just trying to shake loose all the possible offers they can.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't think Durant is the type of player to make it ugly. Still, unless you are competing for a championship (in which case you will overlook a lot) you really want your best player to WANT to play on your team. I am thinking that the Nets are just trying to shake loose all the possible offers they can.

I'm surprised people say this about Durant. I absolutely think he would make it ugly.

A lot of it will depend on Kyrie's situation. If the Nets have dealt Kyrie or told Kyrie to stay home then I think Durant won't bother to show up.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is an undervaluation of Bridges. However, that does not mean you don't trade him. I just would not trade both Mikal and CamJ. I am fine with one or the other.
Yeah I always said if we get to keep ONE of DA Cam or Mikal we would be lucky. Keeping 2 of them would be awesome. Probably not very likely tho.

Mikal and DA are tight tight they need to keep him to keep DA in check.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave