Rodney Hudson - returns after holding out?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand"

Everything after "or" in the definition of obtuse sums up your response that I quoted.

I'm sure that I annoy you but 'insensitive or slow to understand' that one can't possibly claim to know and reach conclusions based on what you don't know is the epitome of obtuse.

Conjecture + conjecture (ad infinitum) = CONJECTURE!

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It's not so simple. What starter quality C is going to sign knowing Rodney Hudson might stay? Why would Rodney come back knowing you signed someone else and might trade him?

This is one thing that makes me doubt the retirement talk. It's been a month since camp. If Hudson was really contemplating retirement any GM would say "OK, I need to know in the next 2 weeks because if I need a replacement the market is thin and getting thinner".

That's something nobody would take issue with, that's more than enough time to make a decision.

It's why I don't believe the "They knew before the draft" bit. If there was any inkling of this pre draft any GM would say, "Ok, well we need to know before the draft".

The scenario I'm being told to believe is that the FO knew about this since early April and just said "Take all the time you need Rodney. No rush. We won't even bring in any other centers. We'll just go into camp with Harlow and nobody else. Maybe we'll try Pugh there. But don't you rush now. There's loads of centers available if we need one"
You lost me when you gave the maybe we'll try Pugh there. You don't move your starting LG to C and weaken two positions at one time if you don't have serious doubts about your starting C returning. As for signing another center, you just tell Hudson since you're waffling, we need to move forward with putting a Oline on the field and we are going to pursue another center. If you decide to come back, all well and good and we'll deal with that when and if that time comes. In the meantime you still control his contract so its not like he can just jump to another team without compensation.

If the FO knew about his situation in April, then why did the HC come out and say Hudson is not excused from mandatory camp if you are telling him to take his time to decide and miss camps? I just don't buy it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's not so simple. What starter quality C is going to sign knowing Rodney Hudson might stay? Why would Rodney come back knowing you signed someone else and might trade him?

This is one thing that makes me doubt the retirement talk. It's been a month since camp. If Hudson was really contemplating retirement any GM would say "OK, I need to know in the next 2 weeks because if I need a replacement the market is thin and getting thinner".

That's something nobody would take issue with, that's more than enough time to make a decision.

It's why I don't believe the "They knew before the draft" bit. If there was any inkling of this pre draft any GM would say, "Ok, well we need to know before the draft".

The scenario I'm being told to believe is that the FO knew about this since early April and just said "Take all the time you need Rodney. No rush. We won't even bring in any other centers. We'll just go into camp with Harlow and nobody else. Maybe we'll try Pugh there. But don't you rush now. There's loads of centers available if we need one"
You are giving our GM way, way too much credit. He has continually failed to adequately address problem positions. What makes you think he would be proactive on this situation?

Btw, it's not a situation you're being "told to believe;" you're trying to use your disbelief in something as a reason to tell people off for speculating on a message board. I mean, talk about silly...

Stout

Reaction score
I'm sure that I annoy you but 'insensitive or slow to understand' that one can't possibly claim to know and reach conclusions based on what you don't know is the epitome of obtuse.

Conjecture + conjecture (ad infinitum) = CONJECTURE!
:biglaugh:

Still yelling at posters to get off your lawn (message board).

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A couple months ago, people said I was jumping to conclusions by saying that I didn't like Will Hernandez being penciled in as a starter. Now he is being used on marketing materials as one of the top 4 O-linemen. A guy who was benched by the GIANTS at LG and then somehow was worse at RG. That is who Keim brought in to fix the interior of the line. I still can't believe it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple months ago, people said I was jumping to conclusions by saying that I didn't like Will Hernandez being penciled in as a starter. Now he is being used on marketing materials as one of the top 4 O-linemen. A guy who was benched by the GIANTS at LG and then somehow was worse at RG. That is who Keim brought in to fix the interior of the line. I still can't believe it.
If you can't believe it, Keim has done a number on you I guess. This is what he always does.

Stout

Reaction score
I am with you.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm amazed with how big NFL is as a sport that info doesn't get out.

Hudson's situation now, Malcolm Butler last season.

Journalists...?

You'd think there'd be a blabbermouth family member somewhere around the place
Theres a lot less info for a small marketplace NFL team like the cardinals than there is for a big money college team that's for sure. The difference is quite jarring actually.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Journalists...?

Nothing gets out about the Suns either until it happens.

Stout

Reaction score
Theres a lot less info for a small marketplace NFL team like the cardinals than there is for a big money college team that's for sure. The difference is quite jarring actually.
Nothing gets out about the Suns either until it happens.
Yep. The media in the area just doesn't seem as intense or to care as much. Do yinz think it's a factor of being an area for a lot of out-of-towners?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. The media in the area just doesn't seem as intense or to care as much. Do yinz think it's a factor of being an area for a lot of out-of-towners?

The local media works the Suns pretty hard but it doesn't seem like they have the connections past writers had with the team.

Often the national writers are the first writer to break a major Suns story. The same may apply with the Cardinals. I think it's all about having personal contacts or the lack thereof.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Journalists...?

Three places where info gets out. Player. Agent. Team. For all of the Cardinals issues, they generally do pretty well at not leaking a ton of info.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The local media works the Suns pretty hard but it doesn't seem like they have the connections past writers had with the team.

Often the national writers are the first writer to break a major Suns story. The same may apply with the Cardinals. I think it's all about having personal contacts or the lack thereof.
the better your organization, the less leaks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson