The Ayton Plan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This next year will tell us everything regarding DA. Does he love basketball enough to play for more than money, or will he take this big pay day and video game his life away.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I sold a house for 37K over market value. No other home on the market was close to that price for that model/size. Clients from MI were desperate at the time and paid over asking price to guarantee they got the house. The paperwork was done that day. It closed shortly after and then the husband died days later. The wife decided not to move and put the house up days later. She couldn’t get what she paid for it. The were the only ones willing to pay that to begin with. The Comps for the area didn’t change for that area because of that one sale. She ended up selling it for market value and lost the 37k they overpaid for it. The market never was what they paid for it.

Same things happen in sports when teams are forced to throw in picks to make up for the lack of market value. They couldn’t move the player otherwise. What one team is willing to pay IS NOT market value. That’s just selling price.
You should have bought it back with a cool $37k profit.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really hope he’s here long term. I think he can get better without CP3 and he has proved it. He’s integral to our window.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh now show us their points per game averages. Pretty sure aytin gets the volume they did he ain’t leading that list.

Take Howard for example, he led the Magic to the playoffs and was fantastic watch during that time. Exceeded the eye test.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a Flex honk but he was on point from two months ago. The Suns didn’t get what they wanted in a trade.
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Except he also said a S&T was inevitable. He ALWAYS plays both sides so he can always claim he was right. He typically deletes the posts like this that are wrong but he hasn't got this one yet.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex calls "both" on coin flips.
He said the Suns matched in 90 seconds! LOL. Gambo then said he spoke to the team and it was actually 3 minutes. Seems like splitting hairs but it’s the type of typical thing he does with every “broken” story. He hears something and can’t help but add something to what he hears and embellishes. Also, don’t forget the illegal trade he said could happen.

He embellished on the KD trade too. He definitely heard something about KD wanting to leave and wanting to come here. He just couldn’t leave it there though. He said we have an opportunity (right now) because we were in the right place at the right time. He said the Suns have everything they need to make the deal. The Nets blew all of that out of the water. I could make a laundry list of all he has gotten wrong this offseason but if this KD trade somehow happens? Flexers will come out in force even though he has gotten almost all of the details along the way wrong. LOL.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Notice how DA hasn’t posted anything on social media acknowledging the situation in the last 24 hours (Mikal posted something on IG). Tells you how thrilled he is about returning

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am just stoked we "could" have a potential lineup now of: Booker, CP3, Ayton, KD and filler (maybe Crowder, Saric, etc) for our starting 5.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just stoked we "could" have a potential lineup now of: Booker, CP3, Ayton, KD and filler (maybe Crowder, Saric, etc) for our starting 5.
Don’t hold your breath but dreaming is free. If we have KD and Ayton together? That’s a damn good offseason no matter how it came together.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said the Suns matched in 90 seconds! LOL. Gambo then said he spoke to the team and it was actually 3 minutes. Seems like splitting hairs but it’s the type of typical thing he does with every “broken” story. He hears something and can’t help but add something to what he hears and embellishes. Also, don’t forget the illegal trade he said could happen.

He embellished on the KD trade too. He definitely heard something about KD wanting to leave and wanting to come here. He just couldn’t leave it there though. He said we have an opportunity (right now) because we were in the right place at the right time. He said the Suns have everything they need to make the deal. The Nets blew all of that out of the water. I could make a laundry list of all he has gotten wrong this offseason but if this KD trade somehow happens? Flexers will come out in force even though he has gotten almost all of the details along the way wrong. LOL.

This is what it’s come to huh.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what it’s come to huh.
What has it come to exactly? You mean the same stuff that Hoop Head, Phrazbit, Cheese and multiple others have been pointing out over and over? So, I guess….yes?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes his silence is conspicuous.
There’s obvious fences needing to be mended here. I just wonder if either side is self-aware enough to realize they are both of fault for the issues they have with each other:

Monty needs to make DA more of a focal point for the offense if for no other reason than it makes us more difficult to guard if we can play inside, outside or midrange.

And DA just needs to be more consistent, and not have so many bouts of walkabout on the court.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s obvious fences needing to be mended here. I just wonder if either side is self-aware enough to realize they are both of fault for the issues they have with each other:

Monty needs to make DA more of a focal point for the offense if for no other reason than it makes us more difficult to guard if we can play inside, outside or midrange.

And DA just needs to be more consistent, and not have so many bouts of walkabout on the court.
Everybody knows Ayton’s next step is to create his own shot so well he can carry the team for offensive stretches. If the Suns are not going to facilitate that I don’t expect Ayton to finish out his contract here.

If a team is good at shutting down guards you need to have another position that can carry you.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wait - is flex Actually Gambo?? They sound very similar

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait - is flex Actually Gambo?? They sound very similar
Except Gambo actually knows GMs in the NBA and someone in the Suns front office. He has gotten a ton right so far including the Nets not having any interest in Ayton and the Suns not having any interest in the Pacers assets. He also said all along Ayton would be offered an offer sheet verses be part of a trade involving the Pacers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody knows Ayton’s next step is to create his own shot so well he can carry the team for offensive stretches. If the Suns are not going to facilitate that I don’t expect Ayton to finish out his contract here.

If a team is good at shutting down guards you need to have another position that can carry you.
And I think we did see good extended examples of Ayton doing work on the block during CP3’s absence during the season and Booker’s absence during the first round.

It needs to be explored more and integrated into the offense.