The Durant Sweepstakes

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where do you think the situation soured?

Was it all about the money or were their relationship problems with the coach, GM and players.

Everybody wants to feel valued. The Suns have shown they don’t value him no matter what he does.

You aren’t sniffing the finals last year without him.

Suns said we’re not gonna pay you we’re gonna do it next year. Super odd and the national media was all over this. Guys like Simmons and Amin were saying he’s done in Phoenix last year and Sarver wasn’t going to pay him. They called it and it looks like they might be right.

So this season comes and the Suns are killing it best team in the NBA. Ayton is playing great and all of a sudden you hear Indiana and Phoenix are in talks. If your Ayton you have to be thinking Oh they never wanted to commit to me. They were never gonna take of me.

It’s very short sighted. The Suns think they can get similar production from lesser players because Paul can make guys look good. But Ayton’s numbers go up when Paul isn’t playing he’s proven he can be his own guy. This team isn’t thinking about when Paul is gone. Realistically how long does Paul have left? I think this is gonna be his last year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody wants to feel valued. The Suns have shown they don’t value him no matter what he does.

You aren’t sniffing the finals last year without him.

Suns said we’re not gonna pay you we’re gonna do it next year. Super odd and the national media was all over this. Guys like Simmons and Amin were saying he’s done in Phoenix last year and Sarver wasn’t going to pay him. They called it and it looks like they might be right.

So this season comes and the Suns are killing it best team in the NBA. Ayton is playing great and all of a sudden you hear Indiana and Phoenix are in talks. If your Ayton you have to be thinking Oh they never wanted to commit to me. They were never gonna take of me.

It’s very short sighted. The Suns think they can get similar production from lesser players because Paul can make guys look good. But Ayton’s numbers go up when Paul isn’t playing he’s proven he can be his own guy. This team isn’t thinking about when Paul is gone. Realistically how long does Paul have left? I think this is gonna be his last year.

Unless the Suns sign Kevin Durant, they are riding the crest of a wave that is destined to crash.

IMO, it's a very shortsighted approach the way James Jones views the draft.

How do you build a playoff team without a Booker or a Giannis as a cornerstone?

Deandre Ayton appears on his way to being discarded much like Jalen Smith.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might time to put Skip out to pasture. Shannon doesn’t really know much about anything outside of football from what I have seen on past episodes so at least he has an excuse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might time to put Skip out to pasture. Shannon doesn’t really know much about anything outside of football from what I have seen on past episodes so at least he has an excuse.
It’s his job to know all this stuff.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS:
The Brooklyn Nets Traded Kevin Durant For Sidney Deane....

You must be registered for see images attach

It’s so pretty

Anyone watch the ESPN special about this film a few months back

Pretty good

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Woj was interviewed on the Summer League halftime show. He made it seem like nothing was imminent on a KD trade, and it could take another 7-10 days or stretch further into the offseason.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And the level of confusion.

You get paid to talk sports.. no one corrected them.. I mean I get slip ups happen but you figure someone would have corrected them. Even the local sports talk has someone who corrects them so they don’t look fools.

TEAMPETE

Rookie
Reaction score
it’s sad but a lot of these talking heads really don’t what the hell they are taking about andddddd these are the guys we are listening to and taking what they say seriously . It’s pretty obvious most of these guys have no idea what’s going on. Especially in today’s NBA, there is a lot of disinformation which is being used to try and sway a trade one way or make the Suns desperate in this case.

It seems every day there is a little chirp coming out that KD only wants the Suns. I think Its pretty obvious what is going on here. They are slowly painting the picture that KD will only play “happily” for the Suns. No team is going to trade a haul for a disgruntled KD. It’s only a matter of time before BKN finally accepts the trade. Pretty certain the “main” parts of the trade are agreed upon. The Suns need to hold firm because we cannot sell the farm for a 34 YO KD. With all that said I cannot wait for KD in a valley jersey!

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am tapping out and going back in my hole.. he is not coming to Phoenix..

I don’t get it.. rarely does a star want to come here.. and when he does its always crickets.. When we have a star that wants out he throws a huge fit like a baby, takes down team crap on his twitter and puts out cryptic messages to kill his trade value.. why can’t we have a break for once.. teams like the Lakers give away trash for treasure at times.. or get help from other teams..

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no idea what the relationship between Ayton and the team is, but I do know you cannot allow an asset like that to just walk.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Gobert trade was a massive overpay. Contracts may inflate but the value of players relative to one another do not. The Nets have to face this reality. They should have traded Durant to Minnesota if they wanted to rip a team off.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the relationship between Ayton and the team is, but I do know you cannot allow an asset like that to just walk.
I'd be surprised if we just let him walk for nothing. For me the concern is whether we get anywhere near full value for him.

But yeah, we have no idea what the relationship is between Ayton and the team. All we know are rumors and speculation and those have turned out to be wrong many times before. And even if there is a huge divide between them, that doesn't mean it's necessarily beyond repair. I'm still hopeful but I'm not confident about the outcome.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Gobert trade was a massive overpay. Contracts may inflate but the value of players relative to one another do not. The Nets have to face this reality. They should have traded Durant to Minnesota if they wanted to rip a team off.

Or Ayton to Minnesota, then we can move those picks to acquire Durant.