The Durant Sweepstakes

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns would need to add a lot of veteran minimum players but it could work.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean - all those guys we are trading are expiring in a year except for Payne, and he is very movable. So if they really want cap flexibility and picks, this trade isn't as crazy as it seems at first glance.
Oh I get it from their perspective. But it’s essentially as I described it from our perspective.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How many of those first belong to us and how many are coming from Utah?

It’s already a ridiculously stupid to good to be true trade for us but if only 2 of those picks belong to us then it’s the most insane trade ever
I think it’s four from us

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Umm...

So... we'd have

Paul, Booker, Bridges, Cam Johnson, Durant, Bogdanovic........ Ish? Iffy?

We'd desperately need another guard and a couple bigs... gotta think we'd play a lot of small ball, but that team would be insane with shooting and wing depth.
Wonder what Okobo, Bender, and guys like that are up to these days. :lol:
:lol:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex is everywhere.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Flex is hus source
Actually he has been taking to three sources (one inside) the Suns. I am also guessing one in New York because he broke the Nets didn’t want Ayton. He was the first to also reveal the Nets were focused on a combo of picks.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually he has been taking to three sources (one inside) the Suns. I am also guessing one in New York because he broke the Nets didn’t want Ayton. He was the first to also reveal the Nets were focused on a combo of picks.

I was just being funny cause Flex said it first.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Elie Okobo is ready.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Honestly he has potential.

His biggest issue was knowing how to pass the ball and streakiness. I really think giving him another shot would be a good gamble.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are there any volunteers to constantly monitor this situation and to send us all a massive group text once the deal is announced so we can focus on the 3 day holiday weekend?

:shrug:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly he has potential.

His biggest issue was knowing how to pass the ball and streakiness. I really think giving him another shot would be a good gamble.

Agree. Sometimes it takes players a long time to develop such as PJ Tucker.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are there any volunteers to monitor to constantly monitor this situation and to send us all a massive group next once the deal is announced so we can focus on the 3 day holiday weekend?

:shrug:
I have a feeling the teams will take the weekend too.

I doubt anything gets done till Tuesday.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Javon Carter is available for the Minimum too.

Not a distributor by any means, but you could do worse with a minimum contract.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah, this late on a Friday before a long weekend, it's very unlikely anything gets finalized or announced. And certainly nothing on the weekend or holiday. Tuesday is likely to be the soonest we hear anything more definitive.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I’ll be camping out in the middle of nowhere with no cell service this weekend so if a trade does go down, please send a sky message over Deadwood, Oregon.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything is awesome about him. His contract, his personality, his durability, his willingness to do whatever the team needs. He is the absolute perfect utility player.
Go to sleep yeah call Anna so I choir
Me too. How many times have teams traded for big-name aging vets and lived to regret it? Lots and lots. Any player that has had an Achilles rupture is a very short-timer.

How much did this playoff run ruin me? I do not really even care that much about getting Durant. Won't move the needle that much and shortens our window severely. this is the trade that gets JJ fired.

(unless he does it much more cheaply than everyone is saying)
I'm sorry. Are you saying that if we have a healthy Kevin Durant on this team minus let's say DA and either Cam Johnson were Mikal Bridges you don't think we are a better team? Look I love Bridges. He was my favorite player in the draft, but if I want a championship here I think Kevin Durant + Booker + CP3 makes this team the automatic favorite as long as the other two guys on the court can knock down some outside shots or defend the basket a little.

Can you imagine how dominant we would be in the fourth quarter? Kevin Durant is the best offensive player in the league right now I'm not sure there's a close second. Regular season he's probably a slightly above average defender, but when it comes to the playoffs and 100% effort he's a very good to founder.

I agree this is a giant risk if it happens, but it's one you have to take if you really are going for a championship.

I hated Chris Paul but I loved that trade and it has worked out quite well. I'm not the biggest Kevin Durant fan, but you can Roll me up alongside cheese and whoever else if JJ can get him here without giving up the farm. I've even give up the farm to get him.

Joe

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave