Suns Off-season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are so many good teams in the West. There is no use dwelling on one team.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
right, "nobody is absorbing that SuperMax" except us, as of today.

mark it.
another 1tinsoldier "i told you so moment" to look back on every time in the future someone complains about Booker coming up short in a game while being payed like a top 2 player in the world

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

mark it.
another 1tinsoldier "i told you so moment" to look back on every time in the future someone complains about Booker coming up short in a game while being payed like a top 2 player in the world

The market dictates price not talent we’ve been over this time and time again

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is the longer this KG thing takes to sort out? The Suns backup plans and other plans are drying up.

McGee got 3 years 20 million. Frack the Mavs have gotten so much better IMO.
Really? They just lost their second best Player and a huge part of their success last year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mark it.
I think giving any player the Super Max is a problem, but especially if the guy isn't capable of really carrying a team. So yeah, Booker's deal is a problem for us but it was a no brainer regardless when your choices are overpay him or lose him for nothing. And by the time his extension kicks in (2024), he probably won't even be top 10 in annual salary.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Regardless, no one wants Ben Simmons and the only reason Durant wants to come here is because of Booker. The writer putting that out there is an imbecile.
You’re right. But it wouldn’t be tough to attach a couple 1sts to Simmons and move him to a tanking team. They could finagle a way around that rule pretty easily.

That said, Durant would say no if book wasn’t here.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting. Flex still feeling real good. He is saying KD is the one holding the power.

He is still saying deal is likely just one of Cam or Mikal, Deyandre, craig and Payne and 2 firsts. Says DA may go directly or to a 3rd team, and suns may also get one additional player back.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This place cracks me up.

Earlier today the trend seemed to be "looks like we're gunna run it back", then it became "DURANT BABY!!!!" then for some inexplicable reason all that "DURANT BABY!!!" energy turned negative in like half an hour.

I think I should stick to popping in for short bursts really late at night when the keel is more even.
Lol. So true. The offseason often makes bipolar fans of us.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Flex still feeling real good. He is saying KD is the one holding the power.

He is still saying deal is likely just one of Cam or Mikal, Deyandre, craig and Payne and 2 firsts. Says DA may go directly or to a 3rd team, and suns may also get one additional player back.
If true, It’s crazy that these guys on 4 year deals still have so much power.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to watch a wrap-up on the Suns today here is a link to a PHNX Sports podcast.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I would be 100% on board that deal.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
that's the thing. he'd have to get substantially better -- more like Curry level (and be consistently healthy) to compensate for the salary sacrifices we'll be making.

honestly, he made All-NBA because of the campaign that was happening, mostly from being on the "best team in the league." But he was only added to two all-star teams (due to someone's injury, both times or one? i don't recall).

i sure hope him making the cover of that NBA video game translates into something real on the court
That’s fair. Curry won his first title at 26, Book will be…26 later this year. I think now that he’s in a good spot where the culture is in place, he’s going to flourish.

Just sucks that we didn’t win last year when he went bananas in games 4-5. Oh well, let’s see how it plays out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling the posturing by Brooklyn saying they don't want DA is to get us to give up Mikal instead of Cam J. I'd prefer to keep both of those guys over Ayton but I'd try everything possible as the Suns to keep Mikal in Phoenix.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

That's a solid (and fair) deal, especially if we get an additional player (Harris?).

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Durant will be 34 in 3 months and there are health risks that go along with that. Ayton, Cam and 2 picks is more than fair. I wouldn't give up more than that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a feeling the posturing by Brooklyn saying they don't want DA is to get us to give up Mikal instead of Cam J. I'd prefer to keep both of those guys over Ayton but I'd try everything possible as the Suns to keep Mikal in Phoenix.
Yeah, Flex was heavily hinting it will be Mikal which makes me sad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose