Suns Off-season Thread

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Trading Booker in any package for Durant makes no sense if playing beside Booker is the reason he wants to come here.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a side note. What does this say about Ayton? Detroit went with a rookie. Atlanta didn't want to pay him the max. Nets don't want him.

It appears once again we likely overvalue our won player in Ayton. It appears the Suns were right. He is NOT a max player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just gonna be one more kick in the junk, huh?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh....this hit New York radio. LOL. They are livid the Nets are saying they don't want Ayton.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
trading Ayton, Bridges and Cam constitutes "gutting the team."
you know Durant has a say, and it also doesn't work for him to join a "gutted" team.
he wants out of Jersey because the Nets' window has closed.
he's looking for an open window.

that's also why trading Booker is a no go

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh....this hit New York radio. LOL. They are livid the Nets are saying they don't want Ayton.

Rumor is they don’t want Herro either. They want a legit star but I don’t think they are going to get it

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t really consider Gambo a source anymore.
You don’t have to. He put himself out there just now saying he was told by the Suns. When he does that he is rarely wrong.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Rumor is they don’t want Herro either. They want a legit star but I don’t think they are going to get it
What "legit star" is on the market this off season that they could reasonably expect to get? Lebron?

Would Boston give up Tatum? I doubt it. I can't think of anyone else on that tier who might potentially be available.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would they take Mikal, Cam, Saric, picks?
My guess it's posturing. I mean if you are the Nets why wouldn't you ask for the world (i.e. Booker) and say you don't want Ayton? If not, they could be after a combo of other players (Cam J, Bridges, Crowder), picks and contracts that will expire.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You should, he clearly also has good sources.

I swear so many of you expect perfection.

I don’t expect perfection but to me he’s a hack.

To me back in the day he seemed more keyed in than now.

Only time I ever called into a radio show was back in high school and got into with Gambo he was pissing me off so much. He was on air saying how Rocky Marciano would beat Lennox Lewis

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What "legit star" is on the market this off season that they could reasonably expect to get? Lebron?

Would Boston give up Tatum? I doubt it. I can't think of anyone else on that tier who might potentially be available.
Jalen Brown is better than Ayton. Maybe JJJ and some of Memphis’ great depth?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo on air acting like Tim freaking Perry and Andrew lang are equivalent to Mikal and Cam Johnson.

BS!!!!

Tim Perry was not even an NBA caliber player, and Andrew Lang was a fringe starter at best.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo on air acting like Tim freaking Perry and Andrew lang are equivalent to Mikal and Cam Johnson.

BS!!!!

Tim Perry was not even an NBA caliber player, and Andrew Lang was a fringe starter at best.
Perry had just had a somewhat breakout season starting 69 of 81 games, averaging 12 points, 7 boards and 1.7 blocks per game.

That’s Cam Johnson-ish level.

But Bridges/Ayton is better than Horny/Lang.