The Ayton Plan

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Atlanta is intriguing if we can somehow net Collins and Capela.

Gambo suggests the Suns aren't interested in John Collins. It makes sense when you consider he has a near max contract. Why would the Suns want Collins at near max, but not DA at the actual max. It would be Capella and filler.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Gambo suggests the Suns aren't interested in John Collins. It makes sense when you consider he has a near max contract. Why would the Suns want Collins at near max, but not DA at the actual max. It would be Capella and filler.
Collins is like 25m, that's not near max.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Capella is only about $4 million cheaper than Collins and he is 5 years older than Ayton.

The Suns really need a point guard in one of the trades or free agent signings.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who is the Hawks current version of Boris Diaw and pick that will become the 2027 version of Robin Lopez?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So is John Gambadoro just speculating?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the feeling that Sarver simply doesn’t want to pay the money?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clint Capella alone doesn't excite me one bit.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Still waiting for anything out there that sounds good or makes sense for a team trying to compete now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Max starts at $31M. It's in the ball park of max.
And the Spurs already raped them of picks. The only potential solace would be pawning off Shamet and upgrading Crowder somehow.

Like I said there is only about $4 million a year difference between Collins and Capella. Collins is also younger.

I need more assets than Capella. If there are not better pieces this is not looking good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully things will be brighter as details emerge but the Suns and Spurs are presently looking like a farm team for the Hawks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with all of this except the last half of the last sentence. I see no reason this offseason has to be a failure.
I didn’t say “failure.” I said “abysmal failure.” Let’s be clear!

(Now we will make an awesome trade for KD - I really wish I believed that)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
All four of those guys?!? I’ve never been a big fan of pupu platters for stars (I’m stretching Ayton into a star for these purposes), but that’s a pretty good haul. That said, when would they all get minutes? Our sg-sf-pf would consist of:

Booker
Bridges
Cam johnson
Crowder
Shamet
Bogdan
Hunter
Huerter

With only 144 minutes to split and likely roughly half of those earmarked for book and bridges.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All four of those guys?!? I’ve never been a big fan of pupu platters for stars (I’m stretching Ayton into a star for these purposes), but that’s a pretty good haul. That said, when would they all get minutes? Our sg-sf-pf would consist of:

Booker
Bridges
Cam johnson
Crowder
Shamet
Bogdan
Hunter
Huerter

With only 144 minutes to split and likely roughly half of those earmarked for book and bridges.
I really don't think he is saying we get all 4 of those guys.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, channel surfing. They were saying that Durant's agent has been trying to get him to talk to the Nets since July. He refused. It wasn't until today that he decided he wanted out. Prior to today he had not made up his mind. He has given the Nets a list of teams that he wants to play for and the Suns are on the list. That's about all they said.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So, channel surfing. They were saying that Durant's agent has been trying to get him to talk to the Nets since July. He refused. It wasn't until today that he decided he wanted out. Prior to today he has not made up his mind. He has given the nets a list of teams that he wants to play for and the Suns are on the list. That's about all they said.
Hearing on Twitter now that the Suns are his #1 choice, Miami is #2.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearing on Twitter now that the Suns are his #1 choice, Miami is #2.
I read that. This just confirms all the previous speculation was B.S. Seems like Durant had not decided until today. He is convinced the drama with Kyrie is not over and the franchise is in disarray which is why he wants out.