The Ayton Plan

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant still hasn't spoken to the Nets as far as we can tell so it can't be true. Doesn't mean we can't still go after him once he does. However, specifically what scenario where you thinking? What goes to the Spurs, Suns and Nets in your scenario?
What do you mean it can't be true? If there is issues with him and Kyrie it very well could be true.

Maybe that garbage that was floated as a trade for Ayton really was - but it's part of the 3 way deal with the Spurs, and the Spurs send those picks they got today and maybe get Mikal or something, and the cap space of those expirings.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean it can't be true? If there is issues with him and Kyrie it very well could be true.

Maybe that garbage that was floated as a trade for Ayton really was - but it's part of the 3 way deal with the Spurs, and the Spurs send those picks they got today and maybe get Mikal or something, and the cap space of those expirings.

I expect a number of multi-team trades where teams try to get what they want.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It can't be a "current" opportunity with the Suns being in the "right place at the right time". Media with the nets said Durant has had zero contact with the organization since the sweep. It 100% can't be true. Durant didn't express his wishes with the organization to be traded, nor did anybody present an opportunity for the Suns to consider. That was 100% false.

It very well could come to pass once Durant expresses his wishes but until he does that there is no opportunity. Just wishful thinking and b.s. prognostication.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can't be a "current" opportunity with the Suns being in the right place at the right time. Media with the nets said Durant has had zero contact with the organization since the sweep. It 100% can't be true. Durant didn't express his wishes with the organization, nor did anybody present an opportunity with the Suns. That was 100% false.

It very well could come to pass once Durant expresses his wishes but until he does that there is no opportunity. Just wishful thinking and b.s. prognostication.

Players talk. If Durant wants to come to the Suns that information gets floated around.

It's a guessing game but if there is a possibility he might want out, the Suns have to take it seriously.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players talk. If Durant wants to come to the Suns that information gets floated around.

It's a guessing game but if there is a possibility he might want out, the Suns have to take it seriously.
You see that's where Flex screwed up. If he had said that KD has interest and the Suns had interest and maybe something could be worked out it would be a different scenario. When you say they "have" (current) opportunity with the Suns being at the right place and time that's a totally different prediction. The Nets and Suns have to be both in on that to be true or it's just wishful thinking or prognosticating a possible scenario. If there was an offer or current negotiation? Now THAT is an opportunity.

I am with you though. If KD expresses, he wants out? Don't you have to make it happen? I mean there are only 2 untouchable players on the roster. There is one I don't want to be part of the trade but don't you have to do it? Very few teams have multiple shots at and it's usually a short window.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You see that's where Flex screwed up. If he had said that KD has interest and the Suns had interest and maybe something could be worked out it would be a different scenario. When you say they "have" (current) opportunity with the Suns being at the right place and time that's a totally different prediction.

I am with you though. If KD expresses, he wants out? Don't you have to make it happen? I mean there are only 2 untouchable players on the roster. There is one I don't want to be part of the trade but don't you have to do it?

Booker is probably the only untouchable player on the Suns roster.

I think one of Bridges, Paul and Ayton are in play for Durant.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe it should be that way but I don't think the Suns think that way. I think they are including CP3 as untouchable. Bridges, Cam J and Ayton are the more likely candidates.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Man Ayton is immature we should trade for Miles Bridges

Hope this doesn’t hurt his rap career

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it should be that way but I don't think the Suns think that way. I think they are including CP3 as untouchable. Bridges, Cam J and Ayton are the more likely candidates.

The problem is we do not have a clue what the Suns front office is thinking.

That's why we need Flex. :cool:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man Ayton is immature we should trade for Miles Bridges

Hope this doesn’t hurt his rap career

You must be registered for see images attach

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

I tend to agree with Mainstreet. I can't imagine that anyone would include a 37 year-old player with a significant injury history in any list of untouchable assets, especially if we are talking about potentially acquiring a top-five player in the world. It's very likely that he may be considered untouchable by the other side- I can't imagine anyone having significant interest in CP3. I mean, I love the guy, but if I am trading Durant, I want nothing to do with CP3. I want some combination of Bridges, Johnson, Ayton and unprotected picks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At the risk of depressing Flexers:

Lol. What a bunch crap.

Here’s the reality:

Rumors that Ayton has had it with suns. Who knows if they’re true.

Very little available market for Ayton. Would need a sign and trade. No real signals about who would want him and what they would part with. I’ll be shocked if he gets traded if it’s any semblance of the deals we’ve seen floated.

KD is a pipe dream.

We have little flexibility.

It’s also a pipe dream to think we can unload rapidly declining players like crowder or guys who haven’t played in a year like saric or just shamets for anything of real value.

I hate to be the Debbie downer because I’ve been reading all the rumors with hope and interest, but I think this offseason is headed for abysmal failure.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. What a bunch crap.

Here’s the reality:

Very little available market for Ayton. Would need a sign and trade. No real signals about who would want him and what they would part with. I’ll be shocked if he gets traded if it’s any semblance of the deals we’ve seen floated.

KD is a pipe dream.

It’s also a pipe dream to think we can unload rapidly declining players like crowder or guys who haven’t played in a year like saric or just shamets for anything of real value.

I hate to be the Debbie downer because I’ve been reading all the rumors with hope and interest, but I think this offseason is headed for abysmal failure.
Look at the bright side. There should be fewer distractions with the Suns organization now that Flex is going to let them do their jobs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. What a bunch crap.

Here’s the reality:

KD is a pipe dream.

I agree with all of this except the last half of the last sentence. I see no reason this offseason has to be a failure.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
While I'm in no hurry to break up a 64 win team, James Jones constantly sitting on his hands while the rest of the league makes moves is getting old quick.
If Monte and or CP3 have beef with DA then I'd like to go on record that I'm in the F monte and/or CP3 camp. Be a man
Weeee lets trade our Center and keep the PG who cant PG and the coach that cant coach.
Puppycock

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
While I'm in no hurry to break up a 64 win team, James Jones constantly sitting on his hands while the rest of the league makes moves is getting old quick.
If Monte and or CP3 have beef with DA then I'd like to go on record that I'm in the F monte and/or CP3 camp. Be a man
Weeee lets trade our Center and keep the PG who cant PG and the coach that cant coach.
Puppycock
I agree. I would rather move on from Mediocre Monty any day of the week than dump even an underachieving Ayton for a bag of peanuts just because Monty doesn't see him as son-in-law material.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One consolation is that I’m not sure disgruntled Ayton will be all that different than “Dominayton.” We’ll blame the contract instead of video games but he might just keep floating to double-doubles until he gets traded.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
So are you thinking Ayton will play for the qualifying offer of $16 million and move on after this coming season?

Balls in the Suns court.
If I was DA I would sign that qualifying offer with a HUGE grin on my face.
Scare the stuffing out of all those TOOLS playing games in the front office, make them think you have something lined up and then CRIPPLE them financially for the next 5 to 10 years.
But that's just me. Muggz I understand what you are saying. Does Ayton do that at the risk of getting injured with possibility of severe career ending injury during that 1 year? That's a huge gamble.

We agree the Suns don't need anyone special at center.

I just don't think McGee, Biyombo and Kaminsky (if they sign him) are starting centers. I like them as backups.
Please no more Frank Kaminsky. I just don't understand the Suns fascination for that guy. Sure he had a great college career but he's brings little to the table as a pro. Suns have loved him forever and every now and then he will give you a offense game but it won't be consistent with it and he will be torched on the defensive end every night. McGee played well enough to get a better deal elsewhere and probably won't be back. Bismack might be the backup center of Suns choice if he decides to return.The Suns will be looking to find a free agent Center on the cheap side for $3-6 M. That's just their DNA.
We agree the Suns don't need anyone special at center.

I just don't think McGee, Biyombo and Kaminsky (if they sign him) are starting centers. I like them as backups.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please no more Frank Kaminsky. I just don't understand the Suns fascination for that guy. Sure he had a great college career but he's brings little to the table as a pro. Suns have loved him forever and every now and then he will give you a offense game but it won't be consistent with it and he will be torched on the defensive end every night. McGee played well enough to get a better deal elsewhere and probably won't be back. Bismack might be the backup center of Suns choice if he decides to return.The Suns will be looking to find a free agent Center on the cheap side for $3-6 M. That's just their DNA.

Please tell Frank you don't mean it.

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The year before last Monty forgot all about him but when we had needed him during the season, we were practically unbeatable on the nights he played (and it wasn't just coincidental).

Yes he is limited so you can't really use him often enough that he shows up in the opponent's scouting report. But for an end of the bench player, someone that usually only backups up the backup's backup, he's a great player to have on the bench. Plus, he's well liked by his teammates and was part of what made the chemistry so special.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The year before last Monty forgot all about him but when we had needed him during the season, we were practically unbeatable on the nights he played. He is limited so you can't really use him often enough that he shows up in the opponent's scouting report. But for an end of the bench player, someone that usually only backups up the backup's backup, he's a great player to have on the bench. Plus, he's well liked by his teammates and was part of what made the chemistry so special.
This. Do people have amnesia? Before the injury Frank was playing well. He was a solid contributor. If McGee leaves, Crowder gets traded we are going to need all the help we can get. If Ayton is traded on top of that? I don't want Frank to start but in terms of backup players go? He is solid. I don't get the Frank hate. It was just two years ago that most of this board was hammering Monty to get him off the bench in the playoffs.