NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Anytime you trade away an asset you have a CHANCE no matter how small. Something has changed though. The Suns were in the right place and the right time with a current ("have") opportunity. Remember Flex? LOL. That never existed.

Anytime you trade an Asset like Ayton there is a "chance" for something to happen. Right now, KD is the only Superstar even rumored to possibly be available to move. No other Superstar is even rumored with a mess like the Nets have. Not even LeBron. Process of elimination. Way to go out on a limb! LOL.

Also, the Suns want flexibility? Duh. That's the entire goal in the offseason to improve the roster. You can't do that without flexibility. Nothing new here.

Although he did say "Weather it happens now or later is the real question". Sounds like Flex is going all in now and predicting it will happen. He has no choice to redeem himself. If it happens, he is still going to pull the "I was right all along" crap. BANK ON IT. Calling it again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or as the detractors of Ayton might say, "Maybe he's really good for the tank...."

If the trade happens, Gregg Popovich probably thinks he can develop Ayton much like he did Jakob Poeltl.

The difference being Ayton has a huge upside.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the trade happens, Gregg Popovich probably thinks he can develop Ayton much like he did Jakob Poeltl.

The difference being Ayton has a huge upside.
That's what I put out there sometime back. Many people here didn't think he was a POP guy. I think physically and based on the position he is.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I put out there sometime back. Many people here didn't think he was a POP guy. I think physically and based on the position he is.

Popovich knows underdeveloped talent when he sees it. That's what is scary about trading Ayton to the Spurs.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like your thinking. Let's get it done.
Wait who is going to play PG? That would leave us with Payne (*shivers*). Holiday is gone. Shamet & Book playing gives me the shivers. Maybe move Crowder and someone else for a PG?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Popovich knows underdeveloped talent when he sees it. That's what is scary about trading Ayton to the Spurs.

The thing is though that players are moving on from the Spurs despite them being successful. Kahwi, Slo-mo, mills and now Murray. I don’t ayton survives there.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait who is going to play PG? That would leave us with Payne (*shivers*). Holiday is gone. Shamet & Book playing gives me the shivers. Maybe move Crowder and someone else for a PG?

We have book and Durant no need for a cp3 to slow us down.

Cp3 has Simmons to shore up defense at the guard position.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have book and Durant no need for a cp3 to slow us down.
I don't want to see Book be the primary ball handler ever again. Been there done that. We also have seen what happened the last two playoffs when he handles the ball to often. I mean Durant can bring it up but he will be 34 and you don't want to play him like he is 24. The Suns would need to do something there IMO. Move someone else to get one.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Miles Bridges arrested for felony domestic violence per TMZ.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys really talking yourselves into the possibility of… a KD… CP3 trade?!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is though that players are moving on from the Spurs despite them being successful. Kahwi, Slo-mo, mills and now Murray. I don’t ayton survives there.

Gotta keep trying though. Ayton strikes me as a player looking for a permanent home.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What if the suns shock us and move cp3 for kd
Well it's not completely crazy, he is off the books in a season and a half.

But they would have to get a bunch of picks.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've wanted Bobby Portis so long I have given up on getting him.
Portis has early Bird rights in Milwaukee. According to ESPN's Bobby Marks, the maximum that Portis can sign for is four years and $49 million. The contract has to be for a minimum of two seasons and cannot include an option in the second year.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He'll lose more than that. He likely plays for the QO now, if that. I don't think a team will even consider handing out a huge contract now especially after the Deshaun Waton blow-up

Obviously it depends on how serious the the charges end up being, but it really screws the Hornets. They could pull any offer except the QO but that would make it really likely that they lose him for nothing in a year.

Unless the specifics of the assault are REALLY bad, they might take the ugly PR of giving him an extension anyway, but obviously with a team friendly discount.

Either way, I don't see his situation getting resolved in these next several weeks.