The Umbrella Academy (Netflix)

Reaction score
I'm on episode 7 so far. I'm liking it. Could be a little more action but it's been entertaining. The actors have been great. David Castaneda & Aidan Gallagher are pretty damn good in this show. I'm also liking Hazel & Cha-Cha. I'm hoping they stick around. Hazel especially.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Watched the whole thing. Can't wait until next season!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Season one was kinda meh. Hoping season 2 will be much better. Not encouraged by the short clip saying "everything revolves around the murder of JFK." Oh boy.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Season one was kinda meh. Hoping season 2 will be much better. Not encouraged by the short clip saying "everything revolves around the murder of JFK." Oh boy.
Season 2 has been okay. Not nearly the adventure of season 1. And frankly, very little of their powers so far. Kind of . . . yawn.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Season 2 was about the same. Good, not great, kind of meh. Not binge-able. Some tropes I can't stand. Managed to avoid ending on the disappointing note I predicted, which was a positive for the finale, but that's about the only positive. Man, did they eff up the finale.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Season 2 has been okay. Not nearly the adventure of season 1. And frankly, very little of their powers so far. Kind of . . . yawn.

S2 wasn't as good as S1. I'd probably give it a 6 or 7 where S1 I give an 8 or 9. My main issue with is was:

The Vanya story line, the civil rights, and Klaus. Klaus because they could have done so much more with that scenario. The other two issues were mainly with the writing.

The Vanya story line was way too predictable. Who didn't see her hooking up with the wife? It felt a bit forced in and just wasn't executed well. The having someone gay wasn't even new to the show. The way they did it with Klaus in S1 was excellent. This season it felt more like "we have Ellen Page so we have to do a lesbian arc" and they didn't develop it like they S1.

The civil rights stuff also suffered by weak writing. It really felt paint by numbers from someone who only knew the basics of it. Luckily for the show all of the actors were excellent and carried those scenes. If they had gotten a bad actor to play Alison's husband those would have really been after school specials. Him and Allison carried it.

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
As it is the beginning of the year, just need to get used to the show as a season will begin slow but it wants to build up.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are in the middle of season 2 and I find it so much more fun than season 1.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm about 2/3 of the way through S3 and really not feeling it. On the negative side, I don't like the Viktor or Diego story lines. It feels like things bog down during each of them. All of the interactions between Viktor and Harlan just don't work for me. I'm not engaged at all.

The so-so, Luther and Allison's story lines. Allison so far is just very uneven. I can't get a pulse on what they're doing with that character. Luther I've always found more towards the boring side but what they started in I think E3 with him is a little more interesting and hopefully that grows.

The good, Five and Klaus. These two I always want more of. Five has always carried the show and been great. Klaus was my favorite from S1. His arc was great in it. S2 I didn't like what they did with him as much but S3 is back to S1 levels. I was cracking up really hard last night at some of his antics.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy season and I loved it. Still think this shows seasons are too short.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
My midseason post still holds after finishing it. S3, while better than S2, is a thumbsdown for me. Really liked Five and Klaus's story lines. Almost everything else I could have done without.

Reaction score
I'm half way through S3. I agree that 5 pretty much carries the show. I like his character the best.