Five Things I'm Excited About for 2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing speed that exists at wr hopefully deployed downfield with Rondale and Hollywood.

Hoping to see Simmons to take next step forward into impact playmaker.

Hoping eno is actually an nfl quality back and gets impactful snaps.

Hope to see kyler continue to evolve.

Always hopeful for rookies.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I figure that they aren't going to get much run, but both Cam Thomas and Myjai Sanders have more pedigree than we have seen from drafted edge player since Reddick. And in this case, they are currently both still playing on the EDGE. And Jesse Luketa played meaningful snaps on a big time program in Penn St. He may be transitioning to EDGE as well which would be the right move IMO.

I think Luketa could outperform his draft position. I forgot where I heard it, but apparently he was injured before the combine and people around him tried to talk him out of participating, he particated anyway, ultimately tanking his draft stock. Or so I heard. We'll see.

I'll add our rookie guards. It's time for one of these young interior OL to stand out. I had hopes for Gaillard when I saw the physicality he played with. Obviously something else isn't clicking with him because it looks like he's still on the bubble with Cinci. But it's time. If one of these kids turns into a starter down the road, it's a big win.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whether K9 is being sarcastic or not, I’ll play along.

- Kyler’s progression.

- Budda & Jalen asserting themselves as the best duo in the league.

- Expanded role for Eno.

- I’m blindly high on Cameron Thomas’ outlook for some reason.

- Zaven Collins role.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Whether K9 is being sarcastic or not, I’ll play along.

- Kyler’s progression.

- Budda & Jalen asserting themselves as the best duo in the league.

- Expanded role for Eno.

- I’m blindly high on Cameron Thomas’ outlook for some reason.

- Zaven Collins role.
What I am curious about here is I wonder if this is a Keim move to replace Zach Allen and Cam spends the year bulking up to play DE.

Both projected more as base 4-3 DEs. Both had more physical rush tools than speed rush tools. Both have large enough frames to carry more weight.

Drafting Allen's replacement a year early is vintage Keim roster construction.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Zach Allen - I think he has a great year but 3-4 DE’s aren’t usually stat monsters.
Jalen Thompson - Keim should try to get him signed long term now before he becomes too expensive after this year.
Byron Murphy - If he can play the slot, he could blow up this year.
JJ Watt - I think this is the year he stays healthy and puts together a huge year.
Hopkins - once he comes back, he’s going to dominate and give us a much needed spark.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 5 things I'm most excited about for 2022:

1. Rondale Moore in year 2 of this offense. I'm hoping that KK uses "Moore Better". Limiting Moore to WR screens is a waste of his talents. I want to see Moore stretching the field moore.

2. Hollywood Brown reunited with Murray. Like Moore I want to see the full potential of Brown used in this offense. Put pressure on the defense with Brown and Moore taking the top off of the defense.

3. Ertz and the Rook. With Brown and Moore opening up the middle I'm excited to see how Ertz and McBride can take advantage of mismatches against LBs in coverage.

4. Budda and Jalen in the centerfield. I have major concerns about the Cardinals defense. However I love watching Budda and Jalen work. They are one of the best safety duos in the league.

5. Simmons and Collins manning the middle. On paper it looks good. However can Collins make the jump to a full time starter? If he can this could be a dynamic duo like Budda and Jalen.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
1. Excited to see if KM can be the QB we need him to be.

2. Excited to see what Isaiah Simmons can do with another year under his belt.

3. Excited to see if Hollywood and KM can create magic in the desert.

4. Excited to see if any of our prospects pan out.

5. Excited to see if we can overcome this roster construction.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
1. Rondale Moore in year 2 of this offense. I'm hoping that KK uses "Moore Better". Limiting Moore to WR screens is a waste of his talents. I want to see Moore stretching the field moore.

So I just watched this video of seemingly all of Rondale's college highlights, and he's not a downfield threat. I know that people say that Blough couldn't get the ball there anyway so we just don't know, but it's hard to make an evidence-based argument that Moore can effectively run the whole route tree when he was used EXACTLY how he was used in college as a rookie.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just watched this video of seemingly all of Rondale's college highlights, and he's not a downfield threat. I know that people say that Blough couldn't get the ball there anyway so we just don't know, but it's hard to make an evidence-based argument that Moore can effectively run the whole route tree when he was used EXACTLY how he was used in college as a rookie.
...and the rumblings we heard earlier in the year that he didn't have the playbook down yet...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To Clarify my excitement about Rondale Moore this coming year:

Receivers coach Shawn Jefferson told azcardinals.com, "That's one of things Rondale and I have discussed, growing his route tree, being able to put him outside a little bit more. His route tree will grow leaps and bounds this year."

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but you answered it yourself. His QB was gash. That's why Rondale got so much ball.

In his high school senior year he had nearly 1500 yards at nearly 15 yards per.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
True. Purdue did not use him like we all want him to be used. That said, always hopeful for red shirt sophomores to develop and I don’t think drive is an issue with Moore.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a fair bit of traditional downfield passing in his 2018 tape. Plenty of sweeps and gadgets too, but more balanced than his later tape. Including at outside receiver.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yeah, I have a hard time seeing that. I'd put him at like a C or C-
His drafts have sometimes been questionable but we all
Thought Simmons was a monster. But he has landed DHop and Watt. Conor and Hollywood. I think his B- should actually be a B.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
His drafts have sometimes been questionable but we all
Thought Simmons was a monster. But he has landed DHop and Watt. Conor and Hollywood. I think his B- should actually be a B.
Wait are we counting Watt as a win now? How did this happen? And Hollywood Brown too?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose