The Ayton Plan

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Ayton's agent played hardball on an extension it's not inconceivable Ayton's camp will play hardball again and he could play for the qualifying offer.

I'm not saying it will happen but it could. Where would the Suns be then?

I think it's a risky game the Suns are playing. Maybe it's to the point the Suns have to do a sign-and-trade because of acrimony.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Ayton's agent played hardball on an extension it's not inconceivable Ayton's camp will play hardball again and he could play for the qualifying offer.

I'm not saying it will happen but it could. Where would the Suns be then?

I think it's a risky game the Suns are playing. Maybe it's to the point the Suns have to do a sign-and-trade because of acrimony.

Reports are the Knicks are going to give Brunson 110 for 4 years.

That’s 27.5 a year.

Prices only go up they never go down

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reports are the Knicks are going to give Brunson 110 for 4 years.

That’s 27.5 a year.

Prices only go up they never go down

And that's for a role playing point guard until last season.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The Knicks are desperate to make any kind of splash. They get shut out in free agency nearly every year despite always having cap space.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d sign Brunson, trade picks for Murray then see what I could get for Barrett/Randle.

I've read rumors the Spurs may want Gallinari and picks for Murray not Collins.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pacers have been quiet. I wonder if they might end up being a trade partner.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With all of the potential pursuers of Ayton dropping out, I hope this doesn't turn into a similar negotiation to that of Eric Bledsoe. That was an awful summer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all of the potential pursuers of Ayton dropping out, I hope this doesn't turn into a similar negotiation to that of Eric Bledsoe. That was an awful summer.

I'm beginning to think most teams already know where the major players are going.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
You must be registered for see images attach
Flex is either going to look like a hero or an idiot after this is all said and done. The latter seems likely at this point

TJ

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

When DA and Bill Duffy resume contract negotiations

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knicks just cleared 19 million in cap space by dumping some players on... Detroit.

The Pistons are officially out of the picture.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is likely to drag on, like Bledsoe's free agency did. The Suns don't have an incentive to offer more than he can get elsewhere and the money has dried up anyway. If he really wants out, the only way he can get a max from another team is by sign and trade, there is no longer a bluff to call.

On a positive note... if we DO sign him, he seems a lot more ammicable as a person than Bledsoe and... really a bit of a softy, and likely would get over it.

On a negative note... his qualifying offer is a lot more money than Bledsoe's. There was no way Bledsoe would play under the QO (especially with his knee problems)... Ayton... I think it is unlikely but it isn't zero.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Ayton will get a max offer from another team if it comes down to that. He has that kind of value. Salaries are only going to go up. I hope the Suns don't wait for an offer sheet before doing so.
Teams and owners are only hurting themselves in the long run handing out max contracts to non-max players. DA is not a max player (yet), he needs to prove it 1st which he has not

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
If I'm DA, I sign a 4 year max with a player option after year 2. Bust my ass off and then become eligible for a Super Max for even more money
Your not DA, he wont "bust his ass". 4 years in and he still has lapse, and lacks desire and smarts. He gets paid, he will only do the minimum effort required. After one of the playoff games there was video of players working out after. Everyone was working, DA was dancing

TJ

Reaction score
Your not DA, he wont "bust his ass". 4 years in and he still has lapse, and lacks desire and smarts. He gets paid, he will only do the minimum effort required. After one of the playoff games there was video of players working out after. Everyone was working, DA was dancing
Welcome back, 1Sun

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex is either going to look like a hero or an idiot after this is all said and done. The latter seems likely at this point
He already looks like an idiot. KD's team didn't have any contact with the organization since they were swept which means KD was never part of any "opportunity" the Suns had because they were "in the right place at the right time". Detroit was the only team seemingly willing to pay max and they were not trading a Superstar to the Suns. So, his initial Tweet was total b.s. What he is doing now is trying to save face after the fact if something still happens.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knicks just cleared 19 million in cap space by dumping some players on... Detroit.

The Pistons are officially out of the picture.

I believe now the Knicks are the only team left that could offer Ayton the most money on an offer sheet even close to what he wants. The Knicks are going for Brunson. Sounds like to me ALL teams are out in terms of an offer sheet.