2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks to be a good deal for the Wizards. I like both players they are receiving.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the Suns could turn around and trade for Monte Morris. He would be a very good backup point guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The salary can might climb 10% per word circulating around.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This looks to be a good deal for the Wizards. I like both players they are receiving.

Barton seemed to come back to early from injury or never came back, i thought he was a good player before.

Ahhh Ish, something like 13 teams now?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barton seemed to come back to early from injury or never came back, i thought he was a good player before.

Ahhh Ish, something like 13 teams now?

The Nuggets are trying to get below the luxury tax but Monte Morris is a plum in this trade. How I wish the Suns could get him but the Wizards need another point guard too.

Ish Smith may still have something left in the tank. I liked him when he played for Phoenix.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA salary cap raises slightly.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nuggets are trying to get below the luxury tax but Monte Morris is a plum in this trade. How I wish the Suns could get him but the Wizards need another point guard too.

Ish Smith may still have something left in the tank. I liked him when he played for Phoenix.
I could go for that. He is a 12/4 guy but almost shoots 40% from 3.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams are getting better while the Suns are stagnate. The Hawks got a major piece by trading for Dejounte Murray. Celtics are definitely not a lock to return to the finals in the East. The Hawks and Clippers are freaking loaded next season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams are getting better while the Suns are stagnate. The Hawks got a major piece by trading for Dejounte Murray. Celtics are definitely not a lock to return to the finals in the East. The Hawks and Clippers are freaking loaded next season.

Quick reminder... the Hawks almost missed the playoffs last year. I think it's a bit premature to put them into the title discussion.

It will be interesting if they can get Trae and Murray to be at their best together. They need to learn how to play off the ball if they're going to share it, neither of them have shown that thus far.

I'd say this elevates them out of the play in game, but they're a long way from reaching the top of the ladder.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick reminder... the Hawks almost missed the playoffs last year. I think it's a bit premature to put them into the title discussion.

It will be interesting if they can get Trae and Murray to be at their best together. They need to learn how to play off the ball if they're going to share it, neither of them have shown that thus far.

I'd say this elevates them out of the play in game, but they're a long way from reaching the top of the ladder.

They were in the Eastern Conference Finals 2 years ago and were 1 game from the Finals, I believe. They had issues last year but they were still a good team with a lot of young pieces, room to grow.

I'm not saying they are favorites to make the finals but they should be somewhere around the 3-5 seed so long as they don't give Collins away for nothing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think so. Adding an All-Star player is a big deal. How often do playoff teams get to do that? I am by no means saying it's a lock but they sure as hell put everyone else in the East on notice they are in it next year. If it works out or not is another story. That is always the case when adding new players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Trae Young really wanted Murray in Atlanta. It will be tough to double team Young with the addition.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agreed they are both very good on the ball players can either play off teh ball.

Clips have lots of talent but it comes down to health, Kawhi, PG and now Wall are all injury concerns. On paper both teams got better but how it actually ends up is anybody's guess

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sources, Dejounte Murray wouldn't sign an extension with the Spurs.

This might be enough reason for a trade and also for the Spurs to remain interested in Ayton.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This might be enough reason for a trade and also for the Spurs to remain interested in Ayton.

Ok, well that explains why they wanted to trade him I guess.

Still doesn't explain why they got such terrible compensation for him though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a bit surprising the Spurs valued Danilo Gallinari more than John Collins but Collins was on a longer contract.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Probably because he's overrated here. He's a pretty good all around PG but I suspect he wants the max and IMO he isn't worth it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now that trade makes complete sense. The guy wanted out. Likely because he has had no help since getting there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PJ Tucker unlikely to return to Miami.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members