Suns Off-season Thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He was playing in Russia and a war got in the way of his career there so staying in the states to try and get on an NBA team seems like it could be his only option to try and find a place to play professionally.
He didn't have to play in the Summer League. I'm sure the Suns want him to. The way I read the PR machine on this, is he volunteered to play for us.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't have to play in the Summer League. I'm sure the Suns want him to. The way I read the PR machine on this, is he volunteered to play for us.

He doesn't have to but as a player who has only had a Two-Way contract for like 3 weeks and never played in the G-League, he needs to try and catch on somewhere. He has no guarantee and Suns have first right of refusal kind of. He's a restricted Two-Way player and if he wants to be brought back on another then he needs to play Summer League.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Code:
FRINGE TIER (UNRANKED AND PRESENTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER)
Ryan Arcidiacono – New York Knicks (unrestricted)
Facundo Campazzo – Denver Nuggets (restricted)
Chris Chiozza – Golden State Warriors (restricted – Two-Way)
Sharife Cooper – Atlanta Hawks (restricted – Two-Way)
David Duke Jr. – Brooklyn Nets (restricted – Two-Way)
Trent Forrest – Utah Jazz (restricted)
Brandon Goodwin – Cleveland Cavaliers (restricted – Two-Way)
Jared Harper – New Orleans Pelicans (restricted – Two-Way)
Aaron Holiday – Phoenix Suns (restricted)
Markus Howard – Denver Nuggets (restricted – Two-Way)
Mac McClung – Los Angeles Lakers (unrestricted – Two-Way)
Xavier Moon – LA Clippers (restricted – Two-Way)
Elfrid Payton – Phoenix Suns (unrestricted)
Myles Powell – Philadelphia 76ers (restricted – Two-Way)
Lindell Wigginton – Milwaukee Bucks (restricted – Two-Way)
Cassius Winston – Washington Wizards (restricted – Two-Way)
McKinley Wright IV – Minnesota Timberwolves (restricted – Two-Way)
Gabe York – Indiana Pacers (unrestricted – Two-Way)

OMG we have two guys on the bottom of the barrel section of the PG Free Agent List!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll bet you told your 4 year old there was no Santa too. Okay, you're right on all this but you just popped the bubble for a few of us desperate dreamers.

I'm just trying to temper expectations. Iffe being the answer is an extreme long shot. I had more faith in Isaiah Canaan, Shaq Harrison, and Tyler Ulis. I think Ulis might be younger than Iffe is now also. Maybe we should call him up.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gary Payton II is probably just a pipe dream, too! He will probably get paid. Rubio is coming off injury, but I think he wants to play in Spain. Patty Mills would be a great guy to have. Similar to CP3 in being a floor general type player.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to temper expectations. Iffe being the answer is an extreme long shot. I had more faith in Isaiah Canaan, Shaq Harrison, and Tyler Ulis. I think Ulis might be younger than Iffe is now also. Maybe we should call him up.
Yeah, I know, I was just teasing you a bit. And I really liked Tiny Tyler coming out of Kentucky and thought he was going to be a great change of pace guard in the NBA. But if we bring him back I think we'd need to bring back Alan Williams too.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Code:
FRINGE TIER (UNRANKED AND PRESENTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER)
Ryan Arcidiacono – New York Knicks (unrestricted)
Facundo Campazzo – Denver Nuggets (restricted)
Chris Chiozza – Golden State Warriors (restricted – Two-Way)
Sharife Cooper – Atlanta Hawks (restricted – Two-Way)
David Duke Jr. – Brooklyn Nets (restricted – Two-Way)
Trent Forrest – Utah Jazz (restricted)
Brandon Goodwin – Cleveland Cavaliers (restricted – Two-Way)
Jared Harper – New Orleans Pelicans (restricted – Two-Way)
Aaron Holiday – Phoenix Suns (restricted)
Markus Howard – Denver Nuggets (restricted – Two-Way)
Mac McClung – Los Angeles Lakers (unrestricted – Two-Way)
Xavier Moon – LA Clippers (restricted – Two-Way)
Elfrid Payton – Phoenix Suns (unrestricted)
Myles Powell – Philadelphia 76ers (restricted – Two-Way)
Lindell Wigginton – Milwaukee Bucks (restricted – Two-Way)
Cassius Winston – Washington Wizards (restricted – Two-Way)
McKinley Wright IV – Minnesota Timberwolves (restricted – Two-Way)
Gabe York – Indiana Pacers (unrestricted – Two-Way)

OMG we have two guys on the bottom of the barrel section of the PG Free Agent List!

I see former Sun Jared Harper on the above list as well.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think it was Bright Side that had an article estimating that 40 to 60 percent of our roster was going to turn over. That maybe 5 of our 7 free agents will be gone. The Suns don't seem to think the back end of their bench was very helpful this year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was Bright Side that had an article estimating that 40 to 60 percent of our roster was going to turn over. That maybe 5 of our 7 free agents will be gone. The Suns don't seem to think the back end of their bench was very helpful this year.

Yeah, I've been scouring free agent lists for vet minimum type players. Frank is looking better and better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary Payton II is probably just a pipe dream, too! He will probably get paid. Rubio is coming off injury, but I think he wants to play in Spain. Patty Mills would be a great guy to have. Similar to CP3 in being a floor general type player.

If the Suns keep Ayton I may need a player directory.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellen Olsen said he believes Frank will be back, especially if Dario dealt.
I don't think the Suns are willing to hold 2 roster spots for guys that could be risk injuries. Frank might be our best bet. Man, he was shooting and playing really well before the injury. We still desperately need to find a legit backup PG.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Suns are willing to hold 2 roster spots for guys that could be risk injuries. Frank might be our best bet. Man, he was shotting and playing really well before the injury. We still desperately need to find a legit backup PG.

Frank would cost about 15-20% of what Dario does. We'd need to find a taker for Dario but Frank being a minimum signing makes him as a possible deep bench candidate, even if they can't find a taker for Dario until the trade deadline.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Frank would cost about 15-20% of what Dario does. We'd need to find a taker for Dario but Frank being a minimum signing makes him as a possible deep bench candidate, even if they can't find a taker for Dario until the trade deadline.
Vet minimum is probably all we can offer, but he really seems to like PHX.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want both of them back. I know that between injuries and him being out of shape, we haven't seen a lot of Dario at his best but when he's at his best, it gives us a starting caliber player coming off the bench.

I'm okay if we trade him for value but unless he doesn't seem capable of coming all the way back, I don't want to just get rid of him. Frank is great for chemistry, and occasionally he's great on the court too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vet minimum is probably all we can offer, but he really seems to like PHX.

The minimum is what he was on the last 2 seasons and I can't see a team offering more. He's worth that. Might even be worth a little more given how good he is for team chemistry and you can also pencil him for 1-2 big games a year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just listened to Flex on a podcast.

He was saying there is a reason Kyrie opted in earlier than he had too, and that the lakers are still very interested

Basically it sounds like he still thinks the odds are more likely than not the Suns do end up with KD still.

Says deal would be something like Ayton, Cam or Mikal - but not both, Craig, Payne, Crowder and 2 first rounders.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He was saying there is a reason Kyrie opted in earlier than he had too, and that the lakers are still very interested

Basically it sounds like he still thinks the odds are more likely than not the Suns do end up with KD still.

Says deal would be something like Ayton, Cam or Mikal - but not both, Craig, Payne, Crowder and 2 first rounders.

I'm glad you listened. I wasn't going to wade into that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So, in Flex speak it's a 50/50 if happens or doesn't happen. LOL. That's the exact same deal that has been suggested all over the place. I bet he wishes he had said this in his first statement. He wouldn't look the fool....again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score