The Ayton Plan

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ayton didn’t sacrifice his growth and development. That’s a fantasy that people use to prove that he’s better than what he is. We weren’t “forcing” him to not go up strong and we certainly weren’t forcing him to avoid fouling. Our best option is for him to stay but Ayton apologists think he’d be Shaq if we didn’t tell him to be Vusovic. Ludicrous.

He’s had plenty of time to show how great a scorer he could be. He’s had tons of opportunities to show it.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Rubbish. He rates as one of the best defensive bigs in the league and routinely stepped up in big games during the season. It's the scrubs that tend to light him up because he has a bad habit of taking games off.
taking games off, sounds like a great defensive minded attitude.....pfff. I pray he gets his $ from another team and they can pay top $ for the 11 & 7 he will give them

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also I've noticed Ayton is usually good at defending at the rim on the first shot attempt but he doesn't get much help on second and third attempts.

Suns could benefit from a longer, athletic power forward to play beside him.

Right.

Jay Crowder is the worst rebounding PF I’ve ever seen

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Well, he's a free agent so they can't trade him, and the free agent signing period hasn't started yet, so what exactly are you trying to say?
He is a restricted FA, you think if someone was interested word would not have leaked? I wish someone would offer and trade for him so it could be done. Dude is nothing but a tease who is for sure a bust after he gets paid. He does not play like someone who loves to play basketball

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
this + Defender crap is BS - opposing centers always seem to have career nights against the Suns. His perimeter D always lead to 2nd chance points as he would just stand out at the arc watching instead of going down and crashing the boards after a shot was taken. He is either stupid or lazy but i suspect both
And you guys think I’m harsh on Ayton. Get a load of Sparky!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No it's not. He is clearly a plus defender on nights he is putting forth effort. The issue is he doesn't always put in the effort.
Right. I didn’t say he’s a great defender. I said a plus defender, which he is. All nba? Not by a shot. But a good defender.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Its obvious how great he is by all the max offers and trade options presented to date..... nobody wants to offer him the max
Negotiations haven’t started but since you can predict the future, I’d like Wednesdays Power Ball numbers, please.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hasn't even made an All Star team and this fool wants MAX...should be very easy in this NBA to make an All Star team as a center if you're any good.
Sickening

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
Hasn't even made an All Star team and this fool wants MAX...should be very easy in this NBA to make an All Star team as a center if you're any good.
Sickening
Well, all those All-Star Game appearances and the playoff success was important for Denver to give Michael Porter Jr. an enormous contract....

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, all those All-Star Game appearances and the playoff success was important for Denver to give Michael Porter Jr. an enormous contract....

Wins, all star games and playoff success didn’t stop the Suns from signing Booker to his max.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sickening

It's not easy to beat out Nikola Jokic, Karl Anthony-Towns and Rudy Gobert at center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should be beating out Rudy Gobert night in and night out

Gobert was a three time NBA All-Star 2020-22. He is age 30. Ayton is still only 23. He will get his chance.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cmon if Dallas with no threat of a center is taking out Gobert and DA this conversation is done. Gobert ain't worth the money and DA certainly aint

Your right they suck. I didn’t think of it that way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA