The Ayton Plan

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD is the best player in the league. He is a better shooter than Giannis and Luka. I would do it without a second thought.
Unless Kyrie opts out and signs with us on the cheap at the same time, I think this franchise would look back at this as the worst move we'd ever made.

KD will be 33 before the season starts. Since the 14-15 season, Durant has played a total of 397 games. Booker for example, didn't come into the league until the 15-16 season and despite a lot of injuries he's played in 477 games. And I don't see Durant all of a sudden getting even more durable, quite the opposite even without considering the impact of post-surgery achilles repair.

For Ayton, maybe it's worth a shot but if it also costs us Bridges, that's foolhardy IMO. I don't know how that deal would work anyway.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless Kyrie opts out and signs with us on the cheap at the same time, I think this franchise would look back at this as the worst move we'd ever made.

KD will be 33 before the season starts. Since the 14-15 season, Durant has played a total of 397 games. Booker for example, didn't come into the league until the 15-16 season and despite a lot of injuries he's played in 477 games. And I don't see Durant all of a sudden getting even more durable, quite the opposite even without considering the impact of post-surgery achilles repair.

For Ayton, maybe it's worth a shot but if it also costs us Bridges, that's foolhardy IMO. I don't know how that deal would work anyway.
Kyrie could end up being another part time player again should Covid rear its ugly head. No thanks. Not to mention he would be more suspectible to Covid and exposing his team since he refuses to get vaccinated.

I would much rather have KD and IMO we would be an odds-on favorite to win the title. It would end up being the best moves we ever made, and nobody would expect this to be anything other than a move over the next couple seasons to get a ring. Nobody would have expectations beyond that, and KD is young enough for that. In terms of his durability, KD with most of his injuries was expected to carry the majority of the load on his teams. He has also played hurt before and made injuries worse. He wouldn't need to do that here. We just need him healthy for the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about DA, Crowder, filler and a 1st for KD. Id like to hang on to Bridges/Johnson. There has to be some value in the fact the AD is 23 and KD is 33
I think Durant would have to opt out and accept a much smaller salary for any trade to work with us as we can only take back 19 million. I can't see that happening.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Kyrie could end up being another part time player again should Covid rear its ugly head. No thanks. Not to mention he would be more suspectible to Covid and exposing his team since he refuses to get vaccinated.

I would much rather have KD and IMO we would be an odds-on favorite to win the title. It would end up being the best moves we ever made, and nobody would expect this to be anything other than a move over the next couple seasons to get a ring. Nobody would have expectations beyond that, and KD is young enough for that. In terms of his durability, KD with most of his injuries was expected to carry the majority of the load on his teams. He has also played hurt before and made injuries worse. He wouldn't need to do that here. We just need him healthy for the playoffs.
the Covid statement is false, the stats prove otherwise about catching. There are studies the Vaxed are more likely to get reinfected. Suns being the example during game 6/7 and CP having 2 or 3 X within a year. Plus the Kyrie playing is BS, it was a NYC problem not a Kyrie problem. He could have played in any other city 100%. Plus he even missed games with fans in attendance not required to have it

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I think Durant would have to opt out and accept a much smaller salary for any trade to work with us as we can only take back 19 million. I can't see that happening.
i dont think he could opt out, thats what the filler is to make salaries match. but i dont know the cap rules re sign/trades

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i dont think he could opt out, thats what the filler is to make salaries match. but i dont know the cap rules re sign/trades

Can’t include Ayton with other players in a S&T and we can only take back 19 million

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Covid statement is false, the stats prove otherwise about catching. There are studies the Vaxed are more likely to get reinfected. Suns being the example during game 6/7 and CP having 2 or 3 X within a year. Plus the Kyrie playing is BS, it was a NYC problem not a Kyrie problem. He could have played in any other city 100%. Plus he even missed games with fans in attendance not required to have it
I don't know where you get that false information but check out the CDC website, John Hopkins medical or WebMD. What you are saying is 100% not true.

"Vaccines add protection. A study published in August 2021 indicates that if you had COVID-19 before and are not vaccinated, your risk of getting re-infected is more than two times higher than for those who got vaccinated after having COVID-19."

"People who don’t get vaccinated against COVID-19 should expect to be reinfected with the coronavirus every 16 to 17 months on average, according to a recent study" “Previous infection alone can offer very little long-term protection against subsequent infections.”

Also, you are partially wrong about it being a NY problem. He could not play in Canada either. My point being is that what different States do is fluid. Who knows what can happen next time since most States probably have a smaller appetite for another major incident. Hopefully, the worst is over but you never know. I don't want a player who has twice the chance of catching it then spreading it to his team either. Simply no. Too much baggage with Kyrie.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those spit-balling KD trades, just remember what it took for the Clippers to get Paul George who was a few years younger but not quite the elite player as KD.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Danilo Gallinari
Pick compensation:
L.A.'s unprotected first-round picks in 2022, 2024 and 2026, along with 2021 (unprotected) and 2023 (protected) first-round selections via the Miami Heat and the option to swap picks with the Thunder in 2023 and 2025.

Brooklyn will want multiple picks in any deal.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those spit-balling KD trades, just remember what it took for the Clippers to get Paul George who was a few years younger but not quite the elite player as KD.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Danilo Gallinari
Pick compensation:
L.A.'s unprotected first-round picks in 2022, 2024 and 2026, along with 2021 (unprotected) and 2023 (protected) first-round selections via the Miami Heat and the option to swap picks with the Thunder in 2023 and 2025.

Brooklyn will want multiple picks in any deal.
I don't think it's realistic, but one can dream.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he has a player option this year, same with Kyrie. And Cap rules say we cannot take back more than 19 million in a trade involving DA.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You ain't getting KD without Bridges being included ....he's the gem the Nets would want...more so than Ayton IMO

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ain't getting KD without Bridges being included ....he's the gem the Nets would want...more so than Ayton IMO
Huh? That would suggest they would give up KD for Bridges?!?! Pretty sure that's not even close to true. Where did you get that impression?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? That would suggest they would give up KD for Bridges?!?! Pretty sure that's not even close to true. Where did you get that impression?
Yeah it would probably take something like Bridges plus another contract (Saric, Crowder or whoever) plus multiple first round picks and probably the every other year pick swap too. IOW, forget about it. I hope.

Euphoria

Reaction score
I think as Flex indicated it would be a multi team trade like we would send Ayton and pieces to San Antonio for the +9 pick and Vassell and Poeltel which then get sent to Nets with maybe additional picks etc. I don't think we would part with Bridges well at least I freaking hope we won't but we might lose Cam Johnson.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think as Flex indicated it would be a multi team trade like we would send Ayton and pieces to San Antonio for the +9 pick and Vassell and Poeltel which then get sent to Nets with maybe additional picks etc. I don't think we would part with Bridges well at least I freaking hope we won't but we might lose Cam Johnson.
According to the Flexstradamus we will be getting a "Superstar". I await with bated breath.......well at least until his follow-up Tweet where he says things changed....AGAIN.

Euphoria

Reaction score
According to the Flexstradamus we will be getting a "Superstar". I await with bated breath.......well at least until his follow-up Tweet where he says things changed....AGAIN.
His posts do seem to exaggerate often but he has been right on certain things and makes good points at times so not gonna just dismiss his 'sources'/ Have to wait for July 1st and see how the pieces lined up. He did say superstar who wants to play with Book and now all this Kyrie drama has just become very public when a week ago we had no idea all this drama was occuring and now KD is monitoring the situation. If we want KD we really need to hope Kyrie is dealt and right now signs are looking good. If Kyrie goes to the clippers though that would be crazy.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
His posts do seem to exaggerate often but he has been right on certain things and makes good points at times so not gonna just dismiss his 'sources'/ Have to wait for July 1st and see how the pieces lined up. He did say superstar who wants to play with Book and now all this Kyrie drama has just become very public when a week ago we had no idea all this drama was occuring and now KD is monitoring the situation. If we want KD we really need to hope Kyrie is dealt and right now signs are looking good. If Kyrie goes to the clippers though that would be crazy.
He has also been flat out wrong on multiple occasions. Deleted some Tweets when he has been called out. For example, he swore Booker's nose wasn't broken. LOL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EJ just said Ayton/bridges for kd “doable.” I think that’s just too much.
i'd do it.

slide Cam and into the starting lineup
He has also been flat out wrong on multiple occasions. Deleted some Tweets when he has been called out. For example, he swore Booker's nose wasn't broken. LOL.

dude said the NBA was thinking about rescheduling Western Conference Finals games so that CP3 could come back healthy for Covid. Can't wait for his tweet about the NBA maybe deciding that salary cap/trade/base year comp rules might be excepted for the Suns and Ayton to make a deal for KD.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And you damn right I'm giving up Ayton ...Bridges..Sarver...Monty...Jae...Every Cam there is for KD lol

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He never said that.
It doesn't happen often, but I agree with Finito here. Flex never said we'd get a superstar -- any superstar. He said we will have the unique opportunity to perhaps attract one -- someone who apparently wants to play with Book and CP3.

I also think it's ridiculous that we are even debating the guy. He's a Twitter guy from Suns Reddit.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't happen often, but I agree with Finito here. Flex never said we'd get a superstar -- any superstar. He said we will have the unique opportunity to perhaps attract one -- someone who apparently wants to play with Book and CP3.

I also think it's ridiculous that we are even debating the guy. He's a Twitter guy from Suns Reddit.
No he said "the Suns HAVE a unique opportunity" then doubled down suggesting the Suns are currently in the right place at the right time. As if the opportunity exists right now. Some speculate it's KD. However, even Shams is hearing their is a posibility KD could stay. So, this opportunity the Suns "have" and are currently in position for can't be KD. Flex didn't say "maybe" or "might". He said "have". But let's say it happens. The "Flexers" will just fill in the blanks to say it was KD all along. That's what Flex does. LOL.

Shams has a much better track record than Flex.