NBA 2022 Draft and Related Trades

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like some guys must have guarantees. I don't understand why Peyton Watson is going up in mock drafts unless he has a guarantee, his reach and vertical at the combine were not as good as expected, he didn't play in the scrimmages. His workouts for teams nobody has been screaming this guy is amazing so I assume they saw what we saw at UCLA, intriguing but nowhere near ready.

But he's gone from late 2nd undrafted to middle of the 2nd to possibly late 1st round in mocks so I suspect he must have a guarantee.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, I often am, but I'm not all that high on Banchero. I think he has a lower floor than say Holmgren, he already has an NBA body, Chet not even close, but I don't think his ceiling is all that high. I think he'll be good but the odds of him being the best player from this draft I think are not that great. good not great athlete. Shot 34% from 3, shot is not broken but he's NOT a knockdown shooter. The one thing he does really well given his size and position IMO is pass the ball, 3.2 assists as a primary scoring option in college is good. He apparently didn't attend the combine so we don't have his height and reach measurements?

I don't think he'll be a bust but I think the odds of him being a star are lower than you want for the first overall pick he's not an explosive athlete, he's not a great shooter, he wasn't a great rebounder in college, although he played with another first round pick on the frontline.

Safe pick but probably not a great pick IMO

If only I had such worries or the Suns even had a draft pick.

I will take your word for it because I'm not all that familiar with Banchero.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only I had such worries or the Suns even had a draft pick.

I will take your word for it because I'm not all that familiar with Banchero.

Smith has more upside I think he's longer, I think he's much more athletic, and he's still growing into his body. Banchero is ripped but he's not all that quick, not a great leaper and not a great shooter. he can score absolutely I seriously doubt he'll be a bust but I would not be at all surprised if in 3 years he's not among the 5 best players from this draft.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are ANY of those players better than DA? Then lets not **** up the team just to get rid of him. Sign DA and sit on him if we have too.
Then trade him for FULL value. Anything else makes the front office the biggest group of morons ever assembled.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers outworking the Suns? That's a sweet deal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cavaliers are stocking up with picks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's for a potential trade package. Those picks suck and 14 in a shallow draft isn't great either.

From what I've read, this draft appears pretty deep, although not as talent heavy at the top. I wish the Suns had done that trade the Lakers made for #35.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, this draft appears pretty deep, although not as talent heavy at the top. I wish the Suns had done that trade the Lakers made for #35.
I guess it depends on what you mean by deep. Outside the lottery picks it's a sharp drop off a cliff and then there seems to be a clump of players after that with similar talent levels. It's debatable after lottery picks even in a top-heavy draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you mean by deep. Outside the lottery picks it's a sharp drop off a cliff and then there seems to be a clump of players after that with similar talent levels. It's debatable after lottery picks even in a top-heavy draft.

That's usually a good indicator of a deep draft. Some players in the second round might be worthy of first round consideration.

@Folster mentioned Jaylin Williams projected to go #46 on Tankathon. He seems like a good prospect to go that late.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's usually a good indicator of a deep draft. Some players in the second round might be worthy of first round consideration.

@Folster mentioned Jaylin Williams projected to go #46 on Tankathon. He seems like a good prospect to go that late.

I think he has been moving up draft boards from what I read.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would be much better if there was less of a drop off in talent leading up to the teen picks who were just outside the talent level of the top picks. It it's even a bigger drop off then that? Not sure you can call that deep when most of those players turn into average to bench warming players. Again, depends on what your definition of deep is and more specifically for what type of talent you are referring to.

I guess we shall see.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was be much better if there was less of a drop off in talent the the teen picks were just outside the talent level of the top picks. It it's even a bigger drop off then that? Not sure you can call that deep when most of those players turn into average to bench warming players.

I guess we shall see.

I'd like for the Suns to do something in the draft and something else while they are waiting.

The Suns didn't even have a pick in the last draft. I used to have fond memories of the draft under Jerry Colangelo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptors are still intent in trading for an elite center.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 76ers are working on acquiring Eric Gordon in a three team trade.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I may be wrong, I often am, but I'm not all that high on Banchero. I think he has a lower floor than say Holmgren, he already has an NBA body, Chet not even close, but I don't think his ceiling is all that high. I think he'll be good but the odds of him being the best player from this draft I think are not that great. good not great athlete. Shot 34% from 3, shot is not broken but he's NOT a knockdown shooter. The one thing he does really well given his size and position IMO is pass the ball, 3.2 assists as a primary scoring option in college is good. He apparently didn't attend the combine so we don't have his height and reach measurements?

I don't think he'll be a bust but I think the odds of him being a star are lower than you want for the first overall pick he's not an explosive athlete, he's not a great shooter, he wasn't a great rebounder in college, although he played with another first round pick on the frontline.

I'm a Gonzaga grad. I think Chet has the highest ceiling of all these picks. I absolutely would take Paolo number one. Of the top three, he's got the size and the handle to be a number one scoring option on a team. Both Chet and Parker are going to need another player to set them up until they get more comfortable with the handle.

I didn't really like Ivey during the tournament but after watching more highlights, I really like him. The athleticism is incredible.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Gonzaga grad. I think Chet has the highest ceiling of all these picks. I absolutely would take Paolo number one. Of the top three, he's got the size and the handle to be a number one scoring option on a team. Both Chet and Parker are going to need another player to set them up until they get more comfortable with the handle.

I didn't really like Ivey during the tournament but after watching more highlights, I really like him. The athleticism is incredible.

Ivey is said to be the most athletic player in the draft.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't take him in the top 5 but I expect he'll have a decent NBA career without ever wowing anyone. I see him as a better built Boris Diaw.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just checked in today. I have not even looked at anything Suns since the playoffs. I did not even know it was draft day. I have never done that in my life.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd like for the Suns to do something in the draft and something else while they are waiting.

The Suns didn't even have a pick in the last draft. I used to have fond memories of the draft under Jerry Colangelo.
I just hope they draft someone so i might have more interest in summer league to kill time…