The Ayton Plan

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns are just letting the league dictate what DA gets paid. IMO they fully intend/intended to keep him.
All we have to do is pray none of the other teams F with us and offer him some crazy amount.

Flex said we would get a superstar maybe he's Psychic and DA will turn into a Superstar.

We have to start calling them something other than Superstars, I cant get that weird SNL skit with the woman who used to smell her armpits outta my head.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Athletic reported on Wednesday that Sacramento has inquired with the Phoenix Suns about a potential sign-and-trade for the big man, who went from being viewed as a key piece of the Suns’ future to a question mark after the Suns were blown out in Game 7 of the second round of the playoffs by the Dallas Mavericks.

The Kings could include Harrison Barnes and the fourth pick in the NBA Draft in a potential sign-and-trade, The Athletic reported, though they wouldn’t be able to complete that trade until the beginning of free agency.

Would Sac really want to run Ayton and Sabonis in the front court? Neither are 3 point shooters. I could actually see Sac drafting Ivey and waiting to trade him because there is so much demand for him and they are trying to make the playoffs next year and want proven players.

Would Barnes and Ivey be enough? I'd want Holmes coming back as well if Sac's interest is legit. But I still don't see a team wanting to run out an Ayton/Sabonis front court.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns are just letting the league dictate what DA gets paid. IMO they fully intend/intended to keep him.
All we have to do is pray none of the other teams F with us and offer him some crazy amount.

Flex said we would get a superstar maybe he's Psychic and DA will turn into a Superstar.

We have to start calling them something other than Superstars, I cant get that weird SNL skit with the woman who used to smell her armpits outta my head.
Agreed, PHX was willing to do 4 years last year which will work in their favor this year as any team except PHX can only offer a 4 year max, so teams feel PHX will match.

I also imagine Jones is asking for a king's ransom which should be the case. My starting point would be a young star and picks. For example, Wendell Carter and the #1 overall pick.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Would Sac really want to run Ayton and Sabonis in the front court? Neither are 3 point shooters. I could actually see Sac drafting Ivey and waiting to trade him because there is so much demand for him and they are trying to make the playoffs next year and want proven players.

Would Barnes and Ivey be enough? I'd want Holmes coming back as well if Sac's interest is legit. But I still don't see a team wanting to run out an Ayton/Sabonis front court.
I could see SAC offering Fox and pieces. They get an arguably better and cheaper player in Ivey in draft and have Mitchell on rookie deal.

Any SAC deal would be a no deal for me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see SAC offering Fox and pieces. They get an arguably better and cheaper player in Ivey in draft and have Mitchell on rookie deal.

Any SAC deal would be a no deal for me.

I think the Kings could be an intriguing trade partner offering Mitchell, Holmes and #4.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Kings could be an intriguing trade partner offering Mitchell, Holmes and #4.

Yeah. I don't really like Barnes unless we are losing Cam Johnson. I can't help but think a 3 way between the Suns, Kings, and Hawks might be brewing. Kings have been tied to Collins and he fits with Sabonis much better than Ayton. And Ayton has obviously been tied to the Hawks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I don't really like Barnes unless we are losing Cam Johnson. I can't help but think a 3 way between the Suns, Kings, and Hawks might be brewing. Kings have been tied to Collins and he fits with Sabonis much better than Ayton. And Ayton has obviously been tied to the Hawks.

Throw in a Crowder for Barnes swap and you got a deal.

Now you are cooking.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... not exactly a ringing endorsement of bringing DA back like Bridges and the Cams voiced.

He sort of sounds like he did after the 6th playoff game against the Mavericks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just how engaged should he be on June 22nd? Maybe he learned his lesson from last season and doesn't want to say anything because of what people on messages boards will interpret it as.

Sort of reminded me of this interview.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose