Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His eyes looks lost, like someone who doesn't belong where he is and has already achieved his goals(money) and stop
I think the fact we're already saying "at least he wont be a bust" is not a great sign he'll get his 5th year option picked up.

Reactions: PJ1

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is Markus Golden Steve Keims best value pick?
Certainly one of Keim' best picks, even though Keim initially chose not to give him a second contract.

As far as value goes, I would say Golden is behind Badger and Jalen Thompson (if he plays like he did last year). Chade Edmonds would need to be up there, too.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Markus Golden’s mindset hasn’t changed with Chandler Jones gone

Chandler Jones‘ departure for the Raiders as a free agent has led to a lot of discussion about the Cardinals’ pass rushing plans for the 2022 season, but it’s not like the cupboard became bare the moment he left town.

The Cardinals have their leading sacker from last season back, after all. Markus Golden‘s 11 sacks were a half-sack more than Jones picked up after a five-sack start to last season and Golden has been a reliable producer off the edge for a number of years.

That would explain why Golden doesn’t see things any differently for him even though others view him as being bumped up to the team’s top pass rushing spot.

“Even when Chandler was here, I’m the No. 1 guy to me,” Golden said, via the team’s website. “That’s why I’m able to perform at a high level no matter who I am playing with. I respect him and learned a lot from Chandler. I can seriously say he helped me become the player I am today. But whether I am playing with Chandler or anyone else, I feel like I’m a No. 1. You’ve got to have that mindset.”

The Cardinals will be happy if Golden lives up to that billing because the rest of their pass rush group is long on potential and short on established production at the professional level. Continued success for Golden would buy time for the rest of the group to fall into line as the year plays out.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Certainly one of Keim' best picks, even though Keim initially chose not to give him a second contract.
and the weird thing is: the contract Marcus got was a 1 year deal that maxed out with incentives at $4.75mm

instead, they signed the walking shell that was Terrell Suggs, who was released like 8 games into that season

moves like that usually have an owners fingerprints on them.

im pretty ambivalent on Keim, but passing on signing a high character #2 pass rusher in the prime of his career to a very affordable deal in favor of a big name guy who maybeeeeeee has 1 year left makes no sense

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
i looked for that on PFF and couldnt find it -- has anyone? Curious what league average is

PFF also has Murray as a top 5 QB in accuracy for intermediate and deep throws. I guess he has to be with all those covered WRs

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose